[XM Studios] 1/4 Comic Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's PF kills this.

Are you joking? Did you see the detail that went into the XM piece. This Hawkeye easily blows Sideshow's out of the water. I really hope XM gets the DC license 'cause man that would be worth collecting and way more limited ES too. So far I have passed on all of Sideshows DC due to ES. Here is hoping XM does DC 'cause I would buy everything if it looked this good and was truly limited. :pray:

Sideshow's PF kills this.
cat-haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Nice piece but I do prefer the SSC one. Would have been cool if they had put a tiny ant-man on the tip of his arrow. I wanted to do that with the SSC one with one of those heroclix ant-mans.

Too early to judge this. Once painted etc, then we can see which is better

Nice piece but I do prefer the SSC one. Would have been cool if they had put a tiny ant-man on the tip of his arrow. I wanted to do that with the SSC one with one of those heroclix ant-mans.

that is a cool idea.

If not for the ability to switch out parts, I would stick with my SS version.

I don't think you guys realize just how many options this comes with... here let me remind those that didn't get to see the initial reveal:
Classic Bow swap out:
hawkey2.jpg

Trick Arrows:
arrows10.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I have the sideshow one, but if I didn't I'd seriously consider getting this version.

Are you joking? Did you see the detail that went into the XM piece. This Hawkeye easily blows Sideshow's out of the water. I really hope XM gets the DC license 'cause man that would be worth collecting and way more limited ES too. So far I have passed on all of Sideshows DC due to ES. Here is hoping XM does DC 'cause I would buy everything if it looked this good and was truly limited. :pray:

Do you own the Hawkeye PF.

This looks like a skinny cheap knock off. Even the koto 1/6 statue is better than this. This doesn't even look 1/4th scale and has no artistic humor or mythos that represent the characters personality. Pay the $500 premium on this. I'll keep my PF and buy Gladiator Hulk with the difference

I'm not hating I usually will point out when XM STUDIOS or any other company supersedes SSC. After reading comments like urs it's no point arguing with people as biased and on Crack.

I bought the PF and would NEVER trade it in for this

Those 4 arrows don't make me want to pay an extra $500. Sorry.

Knock ur self out with this...

Do you own the Hawkeye PF.

This looks like a skinny cheap knock off. Even the koto 1/6 statue is better than this. This doesn't even look 1/4th scale and has no artistic humor or mythos that represent the characters personality. Pay the $500 premium on this. I'll keep my PF and buy Gladiator Hulk with the difference

I don't own the PF and I won't be picking up XM's Hawkeye. That said...IMO, there's no way XM's Hawkeye looks skinny. For you to comment on the scale off nothing more than a digital image is crazy. You have no other 1/4 piece to measure him against for a fair size comparison. As far as the look of the piece...Hawkeye squaring an adversary up with his bow and arrow is the quintessential image of an Archer.

Look, there's no issue if you like the PF more. There's no issue if you think XM's Hawkeye is overpriced. However, when you start knocking the scale off of just a digital image and then just keep bashing the piece...it sure comes off as hate to most peeps reading your posts.

The sculptor is holding the sculpt in his hands. The thighs on the SSC PF are bigger.. As someone that has held it in my hands I can estimate by looking at the pic the dimensions are off.

You on the other hand have not held either one. If anyone is hating or misinformed it would be you.

Unbelievable ....

The sculptor is holding the sculpt in his hands. The thighs on the SSC PF are bigger.. As someone that has held it in my hands I can estimate by looking at the pic the dimensions are off.

You on the other hand have not held either one. If anyone is hating or misinformed it would be you.

Unbelievable ....

Unless you are holding the piece in YOUR hands you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea how big he is in relation to other 1/4 pieces. You have no idea how big or small the sculptors hands are unless you have met him in person. Basically, you just have no idea. That's believable.

My only concern for people who will purchase this is that there will be some form of string/wire drawn tight for the bow. Hopefully it is done right.

Scale looks fine, proportions look decent. Again people need to wait for paint, that could change everything. All in all it's a great looking comic hawkeye.

Unbelievable ....

Well, since I at one time owned Hawkeye PF from SS, I can honestly tell you that the thighs on SSC does not look bigger. The SS Hawkeye PF was a well done statue no doubt. However, the one thing I did not like about the SS PF is the fact that he was standing on a higher perch shooting downwards.....and that does not make for the greatest of displays with the other Avengers. Secondly, SS Exclusive was a print....big whoopdeedoo.

XM has a better straight on stance, two different bows that can be interchanged, 4 different trick arrows, and a better base with him on the steps. Last but not least, I am willing to bet the QC on this guy will be top notch, which is more than what I can say for the tons of problems people had with Hawkeye (broken torsos, scratches on the base, sloppy paint on the purple suspenders part, glue coming out of the glued parts which trickled on to the body of the statue itself). Funny, cause I got one of the better ones, but still had problems with mine.

What's more, and this is very important to me, each Avenger from XM and the XM so far have a consistent style and look to them which will make for one hell of a display when you put them together. SS's is all over the damn place. Things were not thought out logistically.

So while I agree that the SS Hawkeye was a well done statue (minus the QC issues), the XM one seems to be more cohesive, more options, better packaged (and yes that is important because if the SS Hawkeye was packaged better, less problem would have surfaced on him), and ultimately is a better slightly more exaggerated pose (SS is decent pose and quite dynamic in its own right...so credit to SS on that one).

I don't understand how the hell you are coming up with XM Hawkeye is not 1/4 because you can tell by the size of his thighs in relation to the hand holding him. :slap I agree this one will come down to taste of pose more than anything else. But if you trying to tell someone he is not 1/4 and looks like a skinny knockoff, or he does not offer more and better options, you will lose. You get a crazy for this :cuckoo: how the hell do you call this a knockoff??? To what??? The pose is nothing like SS's or Gentle Giant's one (he is on a air cycle for goodness sake). You just making up nonsense with that. If you want to say you like the pose better or the fact it has mixed media...can't knock you for that.

I will say, this is not like significantly better than SS like the Captain America and Jean Gray / Phoenix XM versions are. But I can bet you this wont have the same QC problems (good luck finding an excellent Hawkeye) the SS Hawkeye does.

Guaranteed when this ships it will appear to be smaller than the SSC PF which IMHO is dead on. The head even looks too small on the body. Drop $800 on this and tell me it's better. Otherwise u are full of it.

Proportions on Sideshow's are way better in my opinion, I don't go around harassing others on their tastes.

I wouldn't pay an extra $500 above the one I already bought -- anyone else said that it would be a general consensus.

Hawkeye_zps27dee3a9.jpg

Go pay $800 for it then I don't give a ****, don't bother me with your BS. All I said was Sideshow's was better.

Back