XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can engine explain to me what the coin is all about? The one I'm looking at does not include coin.

Coins were a marketing incentive by XM. The peeps who ordered in the first half of a run, received a coin. For example, there were 800 XM Magnetos released. So, only the first 400 peeps who ordered received a coin. Basically, whatever the ES is on a statue, divide it in half and that's how many coins were made. I believe XM will stop issuing the coins right before or after Thor gets released. They were nice while they lasted.

Coins were a marketing incentive by XM. The peeps who ordered in the first half of a run, received a coin. For example, there were 800 XM Magnetos released. So, only the first 400 peeps who ordered received a coin. Basically, whatever the ES is on a statue, divide it in half and that's how many coins were made. I believe XM will stop issuing the coins right before or after Thor gets released. They were nice while they lasted.

Thanks for the response buddy.

IMG-20150807-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20150807-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150807-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20150807-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20150731-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20150731-WA0003.jpg

Wow, those are some amazing portraits. IMO the unmasked portrait is much better than the ones that actually came with the statue.

Oh F ME! That just looks freaking fantastic. Hats off to all involved. If both of these portraits came with the original release, I would have picked this up for sure. Not to slam the original 3 portraits but I just like these better.

IMHO they both are, but that is just because I prefer the art direction they went with on these... AWESOME work

I agree with you Spidey. The masked portrait XM went with felt very Cockrum inspired. He tended to round up Wolvie's mask where the black portion of the mask meets at the eyes and nose. I'm much more of a Byrne fan. If you follow the mask up his nose, when the mask reaches the top of his eyes/nose, Byrne would flair (cut) the mask in then round up to the tip. The Wolvie COM is a good example of what I'm talking about. It's exactly what you said...a matter of preference.

You know it's a good statue, when your 5 year old stops, and keeps starring at it, and say "It has a very good design!!!"
I'm officially an owner of an XM statue, and now I can understand the hype...from opening the box, to handling the statue.
It definitely won't be my last XM statue!!!!!

IMG_3364_0542_zpsdfqkr1f4.jpg

IMG_3366_0543_zpsygrq9lam.jpg

IMG_3371_0545_zps6sndvo5h.jpg

IMG_3374_0546_zpspszkbpd4.jpg

IMG_3377_0547_zpsbwarxdbj.jpg

Back