XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where do you pre-order these statues in United States?

There is an official list of overseas retailers. While all the official retailers get XM stock, very few have any to sell to the average Joe. Most are gobbled up through loyalty programs, local orders, or they just flip them it appears. You have some dealers that can get us US guys orders but their roladex of regular buyers are more than full already. The 3 US retailers rely on an overseas dealer to get any stock. If they get any there is a substantial mark up as of late.

Well guys the story is a bit complicated. First off I want to thank the board member for the Magneto hook up in the first place! At least the guy came through on the piece I wanted the most.

I put a wanted ad up in the wanted section and a boardie here was able to hooked me up. I paid my deposit immediately. Where the story gets complicated is that his connection was through a store in the US who has been selling Bowen Statues to a Singapore dealer for years. After those years of selling finally the favor sounds like it was being returned the other way. Since I have been dealing through the board member I have never been directly in contact with the Singapore seller so I don't even have a name. I have deposit on Phoenix and Wolverine just to the board member and the board member return those immediately today no questions asked. The US store had 7 on order and was told he will only receive 2 and that goes for every statue from here on. Sounds like the problem is at Singapore side but for all I know the US seller could be getting 7 still and flipping them himself. I will never know. All I know is I'm SOL!

Again if anyone can help out on either please let me know. Thanks

Man, that's the first I've heard of someone using a 4th party retailer. Sorry to hear about your problems, dude. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Any word on the next batch to be shipped?

Last week were QC checks on the second batch, right?!

where do you pre-order these statues in United States?

There is an official list of overseas retailers. While all the official retailers get XM stock, very few have any to sell to the average Joe. Most are gobbled up through loyalty programs, local orders, or they just flip them it appears. You have some dealers that can get us US guys orders but their roladex of regular buyers are more than full already. The 3 US retailers rely on an overseas dealer to get any stock. If they get any there is a substantial mark up as of late.

Secret Compass looks like they have 1 back in stock. (albeit at a serious mark up) It is way better price than ebay, but still pretty expensive.

Wolverine On Sentinel Head Comics Version Statue | XM STUDIOS

I was told by SC that their distributor's have been marking up the items in a big way and it's the reason their Ant-man and Thor XM statues start out at $1500 USD. The local vendors that have direct access to the item's are choosing to increase the costs or just hold onto them and sell them on Ebay or similar spots. They were up front with me on my Magneto and only increased it from original cost by $200 due to the cost of importing it to them which makes sense based off the size of the box. They also did not try to renegotiate the terms of our Magneto deal which I respect.

SC does sell on Ebay as well and they do markup item's that are in demand very fast for a profit which is a grey area for me. If they start changing the prices they promised, after invoice are prepaid - I might have a problem with them but so far they have been up front with me every step of the way. I'll let you know how my XM Wolverine pans out with them after the product arrives and they ask me to pay the remainder of the invoice.

I was told by SC that their distributor's have been marking up the items in a big way and it's the reason their Ant-man and Thor XM statues start out at $1500 USD. The local vendors that have direct access to the item's are choosing to increase the costs or just hold onto them and sell them on Ebay or similar spots. They were up front with me on my Magneto and only increased it from original cost by $200 due to the cost of importing it to them which makes sense based off the size of the box. They also did not try to renegotiate the terms of our Magneto deal which I respect.

SC does sell on Ebay as well and they do markup item's that are in demand very fast for a profit which is a grey area for me. If they start changing the prices they promised, after invoice are prepaid - I might have a problem with them but so far they have been up front with me every step of the way. I'll let you know how my XM Wolverine pans out with them after the product arrives and they ask me to pay the remainder of the invoice.

How much inc shipping are you paying for wolverine?

Not sure how many times the same things have to be repeated, but retailers like SC and BBTS get their allocation from the exact same guys in Singapore everybody else uses. They sell at a markup, so yes they're technically "flipping", but the difference is that with the markup they (a) offer customer service and assistance (plus lack of hassle for those who don't want to deal with people in Asia) and (b) pay taxes on what they earn. If they keep a piece each for an extra earning or for themselves, I don't think anybody can blame them. The amount of work and time required for securing a reliable XM contact is relevant.
If SC/BBTS agreements with their contacts change and it impacts on the prices, I'm quite sure they'll allow everyone to have back their deposits.

If people don't want to buy from them, they should find their own contacts. And I don't mean it as arrogant - if you want XM pieces, start searching. It's definitely doable, but a hard task nontheless.

I'm a little confused, so you put down a deposit for Wolverine without knowing the full terms of the deal?? I would never do that.

I'm a little confused, so you put down a deposit for Wolverine without knowing the full terms of the deal?? I would never do that.

Agreed. I expect my final invoice to be what was listed at the time I paid my deposit. No way I'd pay more. I know they could conceivably just add it to your shipping, but that would be a business that desires not to be one for much longer.

I don't like that SC does not list any shipping estimates to US buyers either. For XM or IA stuff. Comes off as shady when you have ppl that don't know any better, then get hit with some crazy shipping fee when it's ready.

I'm a little confused, so you put down a deposit for Wolverine without knowing the full terms of the deal?? I would never do that

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my statement(s). Just to clarify. I have an invoice and a deposit was made for Wolverine. I do not expect any further changes to be made to the order and i'm keeping my finger's crossed until it's in hand. However, like Azurepred mentioned, s&h costs are an entirely different matter and do not seem to be set in stone.

Azurepred: I agree, if that's the case. For me, estimates were made and when the Magneto came out I do not believe they were expecting the cost's to have the piece imported be so high. I did not have any problem's increasing my total cost by $200 for the piece. Still a bargain what I got it for versus what it sells for nowadays.

As I said... people should either swallow the price or find their own contacts. I never blamed retailers here for selling Sideshow exclusives at 1000$ (no joke) when they were still on preorder and available.

You just have to figure that shipping is going to be an extra $200-$300 on XM Statues and save accordingly.... If you can find a direct contact over in Singapore or Simple Toys you can get the smaller 1:4 XM Statues for around $700 shipped and the bigger ones around $900 shipped.....

The US Suppliers are caught between a rock and hard place, on one hand they can't buy direct from XM due to license issues and then on the other hand they have to buy from 3rd party sellers who have jacked up their profit margins by $300-$500 (depending on statue)... So for Thor expect $1500 + $300 shipping so it will cost you around $1800

Last edited:
When u have this on hand in front of you, it might not seem to be that crazy.
Can only say it's worth it.

Sure. It is worth it.

But still crazy since through a Singapore based retailer the starting price is less than $1,000 USD.

Any word on the next batch to be shipped?

Last week were QC checks on the second batch, right?!

ST mailed me back, they expect their batch end of next week, so hopefully I am in that batch, the wait is killing me...

ST mailed me back, they expect their batch end of next week, so hopefully I am in that batch, the wait is killing me...

Nice! Thanks for the update Ceetee. I'm hoping that I'm in the first ST batch too. Fingers crossed for us both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back