XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made something like 5000 spidey's though, at $300 a pop that's $150 grand. Even if they got 500 returned (which is extreme), they might have shipped back out half of those to wait list then took the hit on a minimal amount. Really what we see is a tiny portion, if 3 or 4 people complain about a product on the freaks board, all of a sudden the ENTIRE line must be a dud.

Maybe some factory's are worse but really there's another 4 PO's up before anyone can get a word in. They would make so much money that I don't really think it bothers them, they might say it does but the volume of product they turn over is insane. The Batman PF alone probably made them half a million bucks from one statue.

You are dropping a zero in your calculations good Sir.

Spiderman
$300 X 5000= $1.5 MILLION
And seeing as this is sold out at SSC they have a good chunk of that money

As fo Batman which isn't sold out yet
$400 X 9500= $3.8 MILLION

Now thos n hers are massive, and yes it isn't nearly all profit, but you are right they make a fair penny off these. However, all of the statues I mentioned above that haven't had major QC issues have had fairly big price tags, and big ESs and they turned out fine. So there has got to be other factors to it is all I am saying. Something to do with shipping methods, or production environments. Also, I do think SSC cares about it. Even if they paid just a little more for each statue it would be worth it to them to have fewer returns. I am just not sure they have put the leg work in to figure it all out yet.

y1UwL1s.jpg

I like this board a lot and everyone on here so I am telling you now. If you havnt locked in your order yet and really want this I would strongly recommend you do so immediately. Consider yourself warned

I like this board a lot and everyone on here so I am telling you now. If you havnt locked in your order yet and really want this I would strongly recommend you do so immediately. Consider yourself warned

I think Magneto was enough of an indication of how serious the situation is with XM statues. Wolverine will be SUPER hard to get your hands on once they go bye bye and quite honestly I can't think of one XM statue that won't be that way. All of the current released ones are starting to sell out and the coming ones are shoe in's for sell outs (wolverine/thanos/thor/ironman). I know we haven't seen a near production piece for antman nor ms marvel but I'm sure those will be hot items too.

Short answer is don't wait for XM pieces. Get them as soon as you can and then enjoy the wait.

I think Magneto was enough of an indication of how serious the situation is with XM statues. Wolverine will be SUPER hard to get your hands on once they go bye bye and quite honestly I can't think of one XM statue that won't be that way. All of the current released ones are starting to sell out and the coming ones are shoe in's for sell outs (wolverine/thanos/thor/ironman). I know we haven't seen a near production piece for antman nor ms marvel but I'm sure those will be hot items too.

Short answer is don't wait for XM pieces. Get them as soon as you can and then enjoy the wait.

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

There is so much cool stuff a coming from what I have heard. All I can say is when a few little birdies dropped me a line I was like

omgwtf.gif

samdean-dowant.gif

LOL, your such a tease Spidey. I guess we'll have to wait for SGTCC. :lol

Wait.... This XM wolverine is popular? I best try to work out an order then eh? Anyone have a good source or referral that I can do business with?

Very good impersonation of CBG! Ha!

You are dropping a zero in your calculations good Sir.

Spiderman
$300 X 5000= $1.5 MILLION
And seeing as this is sold out at SSC they have a good chunk of that money

As fo Batman which isn't sold out yet
$400 X 9500= $3.8 MILLION

Now thos n hers are massive, and yes it isn't nearly all profit, but you are right they make a fair penny off these. However, all of the statues I mentioned above that haven't had major QC issues have had fairly big price tags, and big ESs and they turned out fine. So there has got to be other factors to it is all I am saying. Something to do with shipping methods, or production environments. Also, I do think SSC cares about it. Even if they paid just a little more for each statue it would be worth it to them to have fewer returns. I am just not sure they have put the leg work in to figure it all out yet.

Brain fart there.

Still I just don't think it's a big deal to them. Also I think people return stuff too easily, a couple of paint splashes is enough these day's to claim a refund. Collectors ironically screw their own kind every time someone punts a statue back because it has a red dot on the base.

If Sideshow can ask you to destroy something AND give you money back, they aint short of money. They might pretend they care, but really, they keep punting them out and we keep scooping them up.

Back