XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10494923_1398955153658513_339217955439661644_o.jpg

Man, I hope we aren't getting the Jim Lee X-MEN in this line. I see that Cyke has his 90's Lee costume in the Wolvie print. I'll be so disappointed if that's the case. Especially since the Phoenix costume is in her classic costume. I don't want the eras mixed up in this line. If that's the case, I'll stop at Mags. SSC already covered the Lee X-MEN in their PF line. I was hoping for the XM X-MEN line to be in the Byrne/Cockrum era.

Yep, my favorite era as well. Nothing compares to it...

I agree. Without that era, the X-MEN as we know them wouldn't be remotely as popular today. Everything spins off the Claremont and Cockrum/Byrne run. It's a damn shame that we can't get a 1/4 scale line up of those characters as statues. Phoenix just doesn't fit into the Lee era and the XM Phoenix will certainly stick out if XM decides to go with the 90's costumes for the rest of their X-MEN pieces. Man, I hope that's not the case.

Man, I hope we aren't getting the Jim Lee X-MEN in this line. I see that Cyke has his 90's Lee costume in the Wolvie print. I'll be so disappointed if that's the case. Especially since the Phoenix costume is in her classic costume. I don't want the eras mixed up in this line. If that's the case, I'll stop at Mags. SSC already covered the Lee X-MEN in their PF line. I was hoping for the XM X-MEN line to be in the Byrne/Cockrum era.

I would like all my Xmen to be in the Chris Claremont era....that would be the brown and yellow wolverine version days. However, I have no problems with the Jim Lee version of X-Men as well. Its more about the CHARACTER and how its represented for me than it is about the version of costume (that is important just not as much as how the character is represented). I can't take no Astonishing X-Men or Grant Morrison style X-Men junk. Was not a fan of the style of clothes.

Claremont era for life!!!!

I would like all my Xmen to be in the Chris Claremont era....that would be the brown and yellow wolverine version days. However, I have no problems with the Jim Lee version of X-Men as well. Its more about the CHARACTER and how its represented for me than it is about the version of costume (that is important just not as much as how the character is represented). I can't take no Astonishing X-Men or Grant Morrison style X-Men junk. Was not a fan of the style of clothes.

Claremont era for life!!!!

I understand what you are saying Loric. A great statue is a great statue. They hooked me with Magneto just because of how awesome he looks. However, I HATE mixing eras in my displays. I don't want to mix Phoenix with the 90's X-MEN. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine. I thought the same thing when SSC released a classic Storm PF. What's the point of that when the SSC Lee X-MEN PF line is missing a white costume Storm? I'm just a stickler for costumes and their respective eras. I'll be picking up Mags but unless future X-MEN releases are in the Byrne era, I'll be passing on them. I think I'll even pass on Phoenix as well if there are no other Byrne era X-MEN getting released. I want classic Byrne costumes for 5 characters. Phoenix, Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops. I'm good with Wolverine. I'm sticking with my EX COM for that character. I fear I may be one and done with X-line. Mags just might be my only Purchase unless I see the other 5 characters I need in classic Byrne costumes.

I want to see a XM Jim lee era line since SS version I didn't like their wolverine, cyclops, rogue, colossus was ok, gambit I didn't own, but storm was outstanding! I want to see a remake on all of these except storm.

I want to see a XM Jim lee era line since SS version I didn't like their wolverine, cyclops, rogue, colossus was ok, gambit I didn't own, but storm was outstanding! I want to see a remake on all of these except storm.

:lol The sideshow Storm PF is the only one you mentioned that isn't a Jim Lee PF. She's an 80's Byrne era piece.

Storm was made to go with Black Panther

I just thought it was funny that the one PF he said was outstanding, wasn't a Lee X-MEN PF. The Storm PFs costume is her classic 80's look and he has her listed as an outstanding PF in the Lee line. A Lee Storm has yet to be released by SSC as a PF. Not that CBG noticed. :lol

I just thought it was funny that the one PF he said was outstanding, wasn't a Lee X-MEN PF. The Storm PFs costume is her classic 80's look and he has her listed as an outstanding PF in the Lee line. A Lee Storm has yet to be released by SSC as a PF. Not that CBG noticed. :lol

Hahaha, I love watching you pick apart his posts! Too funny!

The SS Cyclops I thought was outstanding, the Rogue was perhaps the all-time worst statue I have ever seen from SS (mainly due to the choice of pose and the googly eye), Wolverine both the Comiquette and PF were both very good...but once again, they both had the pansy yellow and blue color scheme. Colossus was very good except there was too much tilt in the head, and I want to see Colossus chromed up. Gambit was definitely the best of all the X-men. Nothing negative to say about it except the cigarette smoking head (all tobacco products need to be destroyed and banned from Earth). Storm was solid, but her pose was dull. I want to see a flying storm or one that summoning lightning or something.

Jean Gray PF is complete and utter chaotic gar bage of the highest order and definitely competes with Rogue as the worst X-Men PF done by SS. SS was wise not to have here on display at the Con this year.

Re: XM Studios Wolverine

Soo.. having nothing to do, I've been going back and forth between the different XM threads. I was going through the Wolverine pics again and something in this pic stood out to me:

10341504_1396639787223383_4184346912135448711_n.jpg

It looks like there is an open spot on the bottom left side of the base where something can be inserted. Either a switch out part or it could just be the base wasn't complete yet. It also looks like there's a separate piece on the right side laying next to the base (looks like the eye right?). It also looks like just barely out of sight is another statue with blades possibly, but if this is the proto piece, could that just be another statue? I'm just trying to stay entertained :wave

Back