XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His price is + shipping. So if you pay in full it's USD $900 now + shipping later. If you put down USD $150 now, it's USD $850 + shipping later. Either way, it's going to be way more than SGD $829.99

That's actual different base on country, UK have 180 days. Another country in Spanish mentions 60 days.

if you delay pymt specfiction is already up to $1,000! talk about milking it early-- 1 month before PO opens & hes already jumped msrp by +15%. i guess that means when he gets down to 1 itll jump up to the $3,000 sticker mags got-- ill stick to boardies & ST, i got my xm cap from em with Tona of communication, $697 Shipped to my house & they check the piece before it ships for damage--

Hi Everyone,

I own and operate Bmoretoys.com

I understand the skepticism surrounding gift payments. I wanted to keep the price as low as possible for the community and I made the offer for people to pay the merchant fee if they wanted to send a goods payment. Normally I do business the conventional method via my website but I wanted to put this in American hands with the lowest price point possible for me.

I am 100% committed to building my business via social media so I can be reached via phone, email, and my customers can friend me on FB to discuss any issues.
I had success with Cap, Hulk, and now looking forward to Magneto(Sold out) and Wolverine(almost sold out). The next step is for me to speak with an admin about paying for a banner here. :)

I appreciate everyone on this board who has ordered from me thus far. If anyone wants to contact me via FB, my name is Peter Lizarzaburu.

if you delay pymt specfiction is already up to $1,000! talk about milking it early-- 1 month before PO opens & hes already jumped msrp by +15%. i guess that means when he gets down to 1 itll jump up to the $3,000 sticker mags got-- ill stick to boardies & ST, i got my xm cap from em with Tona of communication, $697 Shipped to my house & they check the piece before it ships for damage--

Looks like SpecFiction is still working on his website, his XM Capt. America is listed under Gentle Giant :) Might give it a few days and then check out his website once he gets it all done and see what the exact pricings will be...

For those looking to preorder through Secret Compass, it looks like they're taking pre-waitlist, but you'll need to email them your interest. I received this:

Due to the overwhelming response we got on XM Studios’ Magneto, we have decided to try and open up preorders for the next XM figures, before they officially go up worldwide.* If you are getting this email and this preliminary sales order, it’s because you emailed us regarding your interest in one or more of the new XM figures scheduled to go up for preorder in the next few months.

Here are the dates these are expected to go up for presale:

1.******Hawkeye – 5th Sept

2.******Wolverine (Yellow) – 19th Sept

3.******Antman – 3rd Oct

4.******Thanos*– 17th Oct

5.******Ms Marvel – 31th Oct

6.******Thor – 14 Nov

7.******Mark 7 – 28th Nov

A few notes to keep in mind with this:

-We are unable to confirm exactly how many units of each figure we can get.* This makes it really hard to set up preorders, but we’re doing it anyways because we’re trying to help.* The only way we can do this is by making these preorders available on a first come, first serve basis.* We saved all the emails you sent us and we started at the bottom of the list when we began to set up sales orders.* The first customers to ask are at the top of the list.

-We do not know what the final price is on these new statues.* The first four XM statues made available were all priced the same, with Magneto being the first one priced higher than usual.* We are going with an estimate, just to have something in our system.* This MAY and probably will change, when the official preorders are announced.* If we have to go to another source to fill orders, the price can and will go up.

-We do not know the final weight on these statues.* Captain America was around 40 pounds (18 kg), and Hulk will be around 55 pounds (25 kg).* Again, we are going with an estimate, just to have something in our system.* This MAY and probably will change, when the official preorder is announced, but even then we will not know the final weight of the figures until they are ready to ship.* As with all XM statues, they cost $250 - $350 to ship but we are heavily discounting the shipping.

-The standard deposit for XM figures is $160, which we don’t expect to be any different with these new figures, but this could change.* We are NOT charging any customers for deposits until the official preorders go up and we have your consent to proceed, once you’re aware of the final prices.

-We have no idea how many Exclusives (with the coin, or something else), or if this will even be offered on the new figures.* If are offered any, we will start on a first come, first serve basis. There’s no point in putting in a request because we simply go not know what we will get, if any.

You have a preliminary sales order with Secret Compass, but this is NOT a confirmed preorder… YET.* There’s a really, really good chance your order will become a confirmed preorder, especially because we’ll fill your order before we even open this presale to the public, but all the same-- we need to confirm how many guaranteed units we will get from XM and we need to hear back from your regarding your intentions to proceed.

We’re very sorry for all the unknowns here, but it’s the best we can do without having any solid information from XM so far.* Please email back and let us know your thoughts.

You have a preliminary sales order with Secret Compass, but this is NOT a confirmed preorder… YET.* There’s a really, really good chance your order will become a confirmed preorder, especially because we’ll fill your order before we even open this presale to the public, but all the same-- we need to confirm how many guaranteed units we will get from XM and we need to hear back from your regarding your intentions to proceed.

We’re very sorry for all the unknowns here, but it’s the best we can do without having any solid information from XM so far.* Please email back and let us know your thoughts.

Hmmm... SC is stepping on dangerous territory wording their emails and replies like so. They seem to insinuate dealing directly with XM. Which DEFINITELY isn't the case.

I think a lot of these stores are going about this the wrong way. I understand guys like you, TCSC and Mark, who don't have traditional online stores, doing things the way you do, but a place like secret compass, they should just be announcing a preorder date and time (like a day after XMs date), securing what they can, and then offering that many units up at that time. By trying to navigate territory without concrete knowledge (which they blame on XM although XM has stepped up and given them the one date everyone needs to know, a preorder date), Secret Compass and their ilk are only making things more unavigable.

Hmmm... SC is stepping on dangerous territory wording their emails and replies like so. They seem to insinuate dealing directly with XM. Which DEFINITELY isn't the case.

My first thoughts exactly. I can tell everyone first hand they are not getting it from XM. I know who the reseller is that they are getting their orders from.

See but here we go again. Everyone on this thread has the info they need to lock down an order from multiple sources. Instead...many are complaining/criticizing/theorizing instead of taking action. Stop playing games and get an order in if you want one. XM is clearly not a traditional order process. Were on the outside here in the US so we are buying from resellers. Make your play or go home.

Many people like myself don't feel comfortable paying huge deposits way before all info is officially released, especially paying as a gift through paypal. That in itself is a shoddy business practice for a company. Would be different if these were customs. Apparently secret compass sold their allotment already cause I emailed them a few hours after the info was posted here. If people are going to be taking deposits , I'd rather they be taking them the day pre orders officially go up, not months ahead of time. I just don't agree with that . If I miss out, oh well.

See but here we go again. Everyone on this thread has the info they need to lock down an order from multiple sources. Instead...many are complaining/criticizing/theorizing instead of taking action. Stop playing games and get an order in if you want one. XM is clearly not a traditional order process. Were on the outside here in the US so we are buying from resellers. Make your play or go home.

Hey I already locked in my Wolverine and Thanos. I abided by the weird process, doesn't mean I agree with it.

Particularly secret compass... Apparently they just emailed those who asked after magneto and said they were on the waitlist for wolverine and now they won't allow anyone else on? That's what I understood from the letter posted here. That's not even first come first serve, it's more like dumb luck.

Many people like myself don't feel comfortable paying huge deposits way before all info is officially released, especially paying as a gift through paypal. That in itself is a shoddy business practice for a company.

Be careful, or certain members here will attack you for saying that.

For PayPal, the "gift" versus "payment for goods" thing is largely irrelevant with these, at least as PayPal Buyer Protection is concerned. These items won't qualify for two reasons:

1) The dispute period is 45 days. If the item isn't scheduled to ship for more than 45 days after you pay your deposit, it's gone.

2) Even if that didn't get you, PayPal buyer protection doesn't cover split payments. PayPal's rule is:
To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:
Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

So gift versus "payment for goods" is really irrelevant, except for who bears the fees for each.

^ that's why I've decided to use gift pay for these guys. I'm not gaining protection with the goods pay, only needlessly spending more money. You can only really get protection (I think) by using a CC through paypal, preferably an Amex. But they might have a similar policy about split payments, I don't know. My "protection" here is these guy's reputations. They risk their whole enterprise and future sales by screwing just one guy. They've been great to deal with, but if they don't come through on my order and steal my money, will get trashed mercilessly here, facebook, statue forum, everywhere they do business. I've had nothing but a good experience so far and hope to have my Captain America, first XM statue shipped in about a week and a half.

I don't care who disagrees with what I said. It's not the taking of deposits that bugs me, it's taking people's deposits months before the damn thing has even gone up for PO. PayPal won't cover any of this stuff, but if all of this is laid out on the businesses website, I would feel a little more at ease cause if a business screws you over, you can at least file fraud claims against them and no legit business would risk that.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the people taking these pre orders are good, legit people, on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of ppl got ripped off either. I've learned the hard way it's better to play safe with these kind of things. For the people wanting paypal as a gift, I could pay with my cc and be covered through them, but it would also cost me money to use that option. No thanks

Last edited:
Yup, it seems like it's a blind faith deal. I agree that losing out on the deposit would certainly suck but having seen that these guys have already delivered on items such as XM Cap makes me feel confident they will come through for us. I opted to pay with fees just because I'm **** and the difference was pretty small. It does seem like it won't do me any good if I lose out but oh well. Basically, I just had to accept that best case, I get XM Wolverine! Worst case, I lose my deposit but I don't see that happening with these guys...

Also, I think Wolverine is it for me of the XM lineup announced thus far. I'm not putting any more money into this XM pot until I get Wolverine and know that it's a legit method.

Yeah there is no doubt risk in involved, but it isn't blind risk, it's calculated. I will get my Cap before having to pay for Wolverine and Thanos, so will have that piece of mind of a successful order before throwing down for those two guys.

Yeah there is no doubt risk in involved, but it isn't blind risk, it's calculated. I will get my Cap before having to pay for Wolverine and Thanos, so will have that piece of mind of a successful order before throwing down for those two guys.

Well I'm not getting cap so until I get wolverine I won't know 100%.

Hi Everyone,

I own and operate Bmoretoys.com

I understand the skepticism surrounding gift payments. I wanted to keep the price as low as possible for the community and I made the offer for people to pay the merchant fee if they wanted to send a goods payment. Normally I do business the conventional method via my website but I wanted to put this in American hands with the lowest price point possible for me.

I am 100% committed to building my business via social media so I can be reached via phone, email, and my customers can friend me on FB to discuss any issues.
I had success with Cap, Hulk, and now looking forward to Magneto(Sold out) and Wolverine(almost sold out). The next step is for me to speak with an admin about paying for a banner here. :)

I appreciate everyone on this board who has ordered from me thus far. If anyone wants to contact me via FB, my name is Peter Lizarzaburu.

I know Peter. He's a friend on FB and a large contributer to many of the statue groups there. He has a solid reputation amongst the community. Another good option for U.S. peeps looking to order XM products.

Also catching up on concerns about the PO deposits. XM themselves charges collectors a 200SGD deposit to secure an order. No different then PCS, ARH, or a number of other reputable companies. These resellers are only taking your deposit to make one themselves in order to secure your statue. I understand why many would have concerns. People are scammed and ripped off in this hobby all the time. You should be careful with whom you conduct business with period. I will also tell you that Mark and Kenny are extremely trust worthy guys. Mark works with a lot of other people on FB and Statue Forum as well. I have never read anything but praise and thanks from other members that have used their services. No issues . I would start with just one order to build a relationship with one of these gentleman and after dealing with them I'm sure you will feel much more at ease for future transactions. If not then there are other avenues of people here in the U.S. to deal with like Peter above

Back