XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sick of waiting for this. I want it now! Mark said he is waiting to ship my black widow and wolverine together to save on shipping. Has anyone had statues shipped together with him? What was the discount?

Mark shipped 2 of my Mag, Wolverine and Hawkeye together... the total invoice value went over US custom $2500 limit, I had to fill out import form with the custom and have to pay duty, I am pretty sure I didn't save anything :p

Mark shipped 2 of my Mag, Wolverine and Hawkeye together... the total invoice value went over US custom $2500 limit, I had to fill out import form with the custom and have to pay duty, I am pretty sure I didn't save anything :p

Ouch. Well even at full value wolverine and widow would be about $1000 US. So customs shouldn't be horrendous. How much did the shipping alone cost you for those four together?

Wow! I can only imagine how it was delivered. The delivery person must've been swearing up a storm. Lol!

Off topic, so I'm getting ready to have my Wolverine shipped and need to declare a value. I've never imported anything before, so can someone give me a quick idea of what I should shoot for and the impact on cost, insurance, etc.? This is being shipped to CA.

Off topic, so I'm getting ready to have my Wolverine shipped and need to declare a value. I've never imported anything before, so can someone give me a quick idea of what I should shoot for and the impact on cost, insurance, etc.? This is being shipped to CA.

In Canada you roughly have a 20% import fee on the declared value, plus FedEx handling fee - but I know that you can make a FedEx account to avoid the handling fee.
The import fees you pay are calculated on the value declared, ergo the lower the value, the lower the import fees. But keep in mind that insurance only covers up to the declared value. So, if you declare, say, 100$, import fees are going to be around 20-25$ but insurance will only cover 100$ if anything happens.
Also, customs MAY notice something is off if you declare a very low value.
My suggestion would be: go for a value that's realistic and that gives you a good insurance coverage, like 300$. This way customs won't charge you too much in fees and if anything arrives broken you can use the insurance to cover the cost of shipping it back to Singapore, have it repaired and then shipped to you.

My suggestion would be: go for a value that's realistic and that gives you a good insurance coverage, like 300$. This way customs won't charge you too much in fees and if anything arrives broken you can use the insurance to cover the cost of shipping it back to Singapore, have it repaired and then shipped to you.

Good point. :wink1:

Those who have gotten this stateside, how much are you guys declaring for this? And how does that affect the customs we have to pay?

I'm pretty convinced customs duties vary by state. I'm in NJ and have never been invoiced for a custom duty in my life. :lol

To answer your first question, I opt to declare full value on any collectible imported/exported, as Mule noted above in the event the parcel is damaged in transit I rest easy knowing I'm 100% covered. I'm not willing to risk saving a few bucks and getting screwed if the shipping service decides to play kickball with my parcel. :lol

Duties do vary by state and in many there is no customs duty up to a certain amount. I think it's $400 in California. Only thing I've ever been charged duty on was XM Magneto from Simply Toys for $37.

Those who have gotten this stateside, how much are you guys declaring for this? And how does that affect the customs we have to pay?

In the states, as far as I know, import fees and duties range from 0% to 6-7%, which is peanuts. Everyone in the US should always have the full value declared, imho. Worst case scenario you'll end up 50 bucks in fees (usually less, in the XM threads I've seen people mentioning 30-40$ top), which is really nothing compared to the value of these pieces :)

Just watched a youtube review of this piece in my 65 inch tv. Really showed off how well done he is. My only issue is the gum line on the Masked head and the calm face. Everything else is pretty damn perfect. Top 2 Wolverine statues if not the Best but I am very partial to the original Comiquette.

Shame that XM is such a pain to get. I would not mind owning a piece like this. But not at after market prices. IMO that is the big draw back of extremely limited editions. It's great for those who can snatch it up quick but sucks for us who didn't or can't. Of course I am not saying they should have SS ES but slightly larger to keep the prices in check would be nice :)

Anyways congrats to those who got it. Until XM starts being able to sell here in the states I think I am always going to miss out. More for finding where to order then the price and missing the pre order window lol.

Anyways congrats to those who got him.

Hey guys, I just noticed Secret Compass has this up for $1499.95 plus shipping estimate of $250-$300. Good luck!

I'm looking for one in Europe to avoid import fees. I had one offer of around £1100. That is a piss take to be honest. Just because Magneto goes for crazy money everyone is trying it on. :gah: :lol

You can pretty much expect every xm statue to be 1500 or more once they get in hand the reason being no statue has an es over 999 and how many billions of marvel fans are here in the world wanting a certain character you also want in your collection. Best advice is to pay the premium for those desperate to unload their pre-orders for maybe 200-300 over retail because if you wait you're gonna end up paying 1800-2500 for an a-lister like wolverine

Back