XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't but...

Having seen the the Iron Studios piece it has one of the most amazing poses, paint apps, and amount of detailing I have ever seen. The "dancers" pose as you refer to it has a great sense of flow and action. It is totally cool if you don't like it and prefer XMs, but i would choose the IronStudios one.

Funny you should mention that, but coming from a quarter scale hot toys mark 43, I feel the iron studios Mark43 is too much one solid piece, too much a statue. There's not enough space between the plates, and the chest should have an overhang from the abdomen and everything like that, making it too much of a statue, which is much less of an issue with the XM piece which seems to have much more separate pieces

Funny you should mention that, but coming from a quarter scale hot toys mark 43, I feel the iron studios Mark43 is too much one solid piece, too much a statue. There's not enough space between the plates, and the chest should have an overhang from the abdomen and everything like that, making it too much of a statue, which is much less of an issue with the XM piece which seems to have much more separate pieces

See this is one of those times when it is going to be to each their own. I think that the IS Mark 43 looks very film accurate as the Mark 43 has way less overhang then the previous Marks. At least that is the way I see it when I watch Age of Ultron. I will also say, seeing as you brought it up, that IF I was going to rank the pieces shown in these photos, and toss in the HT 1/4 Mark 43 for good measure, I would rank them IS Mark 43, HT Mark 43, and the SSC Mark 6 and the XM Mark 7 at about a tie with maybe a small edge going to the Mark 7. Honestly, and there are other reasons I won't go into, I don't like the fact that everything appears to be hanging out of the Mark 7. I wish there was an option to put the flaps and close up some of the weapons areas so that it didn't have such a "Swiss army knife has an orgasm" look. Maybe if you could do that my rankings would be different, but I would still go for the IronStudios statue when ranking my favourite Iron Man statue... lol

I dont think you can loose / go wrong with any of them to be fair. So far I prefer XM in my opinion ;)

Last edited:
See this is one of those times when it is going to be to each their own. I think that the IS Mark 43 looks very film accurate as the Mark 43 has way less overhang then the previous Marks. At least that is the way I see it when I watch Age of Ultron. I will also say, seeing as you brought it up, that IF I was going to rank the pieces shown in these photos, and toss in the HT 1/4 Mark 43 for good measure, I would rank them IS Mark 43, HT Mark 43, and the SSC Mark 6 and the XM Mark 7 at about a tie with maybe a small edge going to the Mark 7. Honestly, and there are other reasons I won't go into, I don't like the fact that everything appears to be hanging out of the Mark 7. I wish there was an option to put the flaps and close up some of the weapons areas so that it didn't have such a "Swiss army knife has an orgasm" look. Maybe if you could do that my rankings would be different, but I would still go for the IronStudios statue when ranking my favourite Iron Man statue... lol

I think IA would've beat them all if they had scaled down the 1:2 MKVII to 1:4.

Those folks know Iron Man.

28anyhc.jpg

I prefer the XM version as well. Plus I think the red and gold on the XM statue looks much better.

Agreed. I have the IS Iron Man and love it. I do like the red of the XM better but agree their "Swiss army knife has an orgasm" as you call it reminds me to much of Transformers/Voltron or some anime of sorts for some reason. Not a big fan of that base either. Of course I would still probably own it but XM is a pain to get.

I agree with much of what he says, but he is having a bit of a geekgasm when he even flips out over the round hole that allows him to spin the statue. Didn't anyone tell him a round hole and pin are easier to make than a square pin and hole?

I wonder why they didn't make the pin matt black, so it isn't as obvious

Back