Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine and great and very two different things. I want my likenesses to be leaning towards the latter.

That's the tough thing with these movie statues, I can count on my one hand how many statues have been great in the likeness department... Even if they nail the sculpt it can be ruined by a bad factory paint application.... The only movie statue XM has done was the Iron Man 42 with RDJ and Gwyneth Paltrow portraits, which were ok likeness wise but nothing amazing, maybe like 7/10, for these Star Wars statues I'm really hoping for at least a 9/10 In the likeness department....

Fine and great and very two different things. I want my likenesses to be leaning towards the latter.

Well, I simply can't comment on exactly how good the likeness was because it wasn't painted. And as dan350zr just said paint can change things a lot. The only ones that were painted were the Vader trio, and the likeness on young and teenage Anakin looked absolutely spot on. So I'm hopeful that the others will follow suit, since all the unpainted likenesses looked very solid.

Sculpt is definitely better than their previous renditions of marvel characters. Kid Anakin was really good, however paint app was less than stellar, as it was quite cartoonish
I did ask them on the matter, they said paint app still improving on the piece, trying to make it more to skin tone

So again, reserve final judgment till the final prototype shown

Sent from my SM-G925F

the speed they putting out their SW line has me totally left ice cold on XM .... not really caring ..

the speed they putting out their SW line has me totally left ice cold on XM .... not really caring ..

I kind of feel that way, but I'm still happy to see another company put out 1:4 Star Wars statues. Definitely excited that they're finally showing Vader. I have a feeling the DC line is going to be as slow as the Star Wars line though, as it's already been over 6 months since they announced that license and they've shown nothing.

Expect lots of animated smoke, exaggerated features and him floating and pointing at something like 90% often all XM statues...

Any trustworthy sellers we can contact if we want to get one in the US? A lot of the distributors online say they can't ship to the US, hoping Secret Compass will have it since they had Boba Fett if it turns out brilliant but trying to figure out a backup plan.

LOL! Lots of shaving cream!

The only reason why you guys keep saying that is cos most of you haven't seen it in person. It looks absolutely great to me. Maybe not everyone's interpretation of Boba since he was more the silent chill character based on the movies, but then you have SS's rendition of that, personally I'm quite glad someone felt adventurous enough to try something different.

Anyone who's seen it in person at STGCC would admit its an impressive sculpt.

****tttttttttttttttttt

finally.....is this right?

??.JPG

1.jpg

I love XM. I own some of their statues. Having said that i think this is a big let down. I think SW fans only care about one character and we all know who that is. Fans couldn't care much about the annoying kid. The other guy has some of the worst acting skills in the movie industry. You only want one or maybe two but is made to buy the entire set. Much like their new Optimus. You only want Prime and all his switch outs but yet they make this marketing strategy where you are enticed to buy other characters you couldn't care less just to collect the other switch outs which is suppose to be included in the original concept. tsk tsk tsk.

On the flip side it just made my decision to get the Iron Studios Vader easy.

What are you even talking about? I have five XM statues and none of them have any of those features you just listed.

I was exaggerating for the comedic value plus it's all in eye of the beholder. I'm pretty sure the pointing feature is true though and I do see a lot of "shaving cream"...

Admittedly I've never seen an XM piece in person so take this with a grain of salt. I think their Magneto is still fantastic and is the best around. The Thanos looked great until I saw the Sideshow one and now the XM piece looks like a toy. Phoenix was great until you see her face, at which point you start wondering if she's missing any chromosomes. Wolverine's face is a bit off and his triceps look deflated. Boba Fett looks good if Boba was a comic book character. As for a movie replica he just feels off. I don't know... I feel like they're overrated but if say that then everyone starts yelling that I am hating because I can't afford it or something like that.

Edit: no issues with Batman too. Looks great.

Back