XM Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM has stated that they are going to revise the portraits of both anakin's and fix the hood on teen Anakin.

How can XM release all those incredible comic book statues lately and screw up so bad on this?

Not even going to mention the likeness, but what's up with that hood? The shape makes no sense.

Also for me, after Rogue One, all the recent Vader comics, and the Iron Studios Vader, it's action pose or fail for this character. I can't stand that ****ing pose. Give me a lightsaber and something menacing.

Yeah I really hope Prime 1 gets the license at some point, that would be incredible.

They can move it to the garbage bin in less than 12 parsecs. I only want a Vader, not interested in a hooded zeppelin head monk, neither in a bland looking garden gnome :p

LMFAAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! truer words have never been spoken LOL!!

Hooded anikan is a total disaster and IMO the pose on Vader is boring. I know a lot of folks love this particular Vader pose, but to me it looks like he's trying to hold up his pants.

For XM to show these Anakins and be happy with their work worries me... Even though they said their going to tweak them after all the negative comments, I still don't think XM has a grasp on portraits yet. Sure they've done some really good ones but a lot of them do have issues weather it be scale size off or just badly sculpted as is the case with the Anakins statues. I ended up canceling my order, luckily I hadn't put a deposit on it yet.

Young Anakin looks ceramic. That could be the paint job. I think if they give him a better paint job he'll look alright. Hayden Anakin is that horrible hood. If they flaten it out it should look ok too. Hopefully they fix those well. I pre-ordered this set and would still like to keep the order as long as they fix these issues.

If "Daddy" Vader has switchout arms holding a lightsaber I'll be all in for these. The other two will stay in the box.

Hooded anikan is a total disaster and IMO the pose on Vader is boring. I know a lot of folks love this particular Vader pose, but to me it looks like he's trying to hold up his pants.

Right. The key is ,,Vader shouldn't curl his fingers at his belt but relax his grip as if resting on his belt

I wish we could get actual confirmation about Vader and if he has switch outs. Any XM reps care to help ??

Via FB

FB_IMG_1504876516100.jpg
FB_IMG_1504876521129.jpg
FB_IMG_1504876525667.jpg
FB_IMG_1504876530425.jpg
FB_IMG_1504876535002.jpg
FB_IMG_1504876540343.jpg

Vader is still the only one worth getting. Too bad it's not a stand alone.

Last edited:
I like Vader's pose. Not sure about the high stand, and also not sure what is going on with the long faced helmet, especially the eyes area, maybe image distortion?

Yeah the lens is too big and they didn't paint the mask correctly either.
Its a shame because the pose is iconic Vader.
I get that the base is tall because the 3 pieces were intended to be staggered, but since I would want to display only Vader, the base is too big.

Anakin and Little Anakin look better than what they previously had so they did make improvements. Still not a statue for me though.

It's weird to say it, but little Ani tuned out the best of the three. Vader's eyes are ginormous, and the way the hood drapes over Anakin's face just looks off.

Back