XM Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also prefer a real cape... if its wrinkled... steam it.. done.. with a real cape this vader would look like a real one just in small..

IS win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its tough to say. IS and this pose is so different. Honestly, I like the museum pose for a Vader better than a action pose. But I stick with IS for now (and I have it on PO anyways :lol)

if the cape is detachable and leaves room for a custom cape......... the XM would be something...

I don't mind sculpted cape on a statue. Just have it sculpted well. And have the statue without the Anakin duo

I also prefer a real cape... if its wrinkled... steam it.. done.. with a real cape this vader would look like a real one just in small..

I don't buy statues so I can take their clothes to a dry cleaner. Sorry but I'll never get why people want cheap terry cloth looking capes with oversize stitching on their statues. Then you have to spend literally several hours trying to pose it to get it to look right. Even then the cloth still doesn't look right on statues, maybe if they used high-end materials with micro-stitching but they don't....

Cloth cape or sculpted cape, I have statues with both & love them. Chuck the other two (Hayden & Jake figures), & this would be a buy for me.

here he is... WHY again such a high base.... the pose is obviously the best they can choose ..

17951637_780525638778aexnj.jpg

Finally a company makes my dream Jake Lloyd statue but I'm going to have to also buy those other two stupid characters to get it?

Finally a company makes my dream Jake Lloyd statue but I'm going to have to also buy those other two stupid characters to get it?

Let do this: we buy this statue, you keep that little kid, I keep OT Darth Vader, and we find another fool to go for the cloaked monk. :yess:

I don't buy statues so I can take their clothes to a dry cleaner. Sorry but I'll never get why people want cheap terry cloth looking capes with oversize stitching on their statues. Then you have to spend literally several hours trying to pose it to get it to look right. Even then the cloth still doesn't look right on statues, maybe if they used high-end materials with micro-stitching but they don't....

You're exaggerating somewhat, it isn't that hard to pose a cape to a position you like, and having spent hundreds of dollars on a statue, a 20-30 min time investment setting it up isn't the end of the world.. Sculpted and fabric clothing both have their pros and cons, the possibility of the fabric being one of its pros. Ease of use and durability being a pro of sculpted, although that sometimes has to be naturally thick which makes up for the oversized stitching sometimes seen on real fabric. I personally like both when done right (the done right bit being the key) Although I do like PF's with their fabric attire more so I think. We're all different, enjoy whatever you like, but appreciate that there will be other opinions.

Personally, I'd like a PF with this pose and a decent base.

Back