XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13600149_1173092052741058_4257305752506172367_n.jpg
this pic shows it, his belt looks a tad too big..think that might be throwing it off a bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I get the cartoony feel pointed out by some. In my view it is xm's interpretation of the character rather than a direct replica of what was in the movies.

I think everything said and done this will still be the best fett statue ever made.

I get the cartoony feel pointed out by some. In my view it is xm's interpretation of the character rather than a direct replica of what was in the movies.

I think everything said and done this will still be the best anime fett statue ever made.

Fixed for you ;)

I was thinking about getting this but I don't think I'm a big enough fan of the character to spend the money on it. I'm not a stickler for the details of the film so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as much as others. I just want the statue to look cool on my shelf. This one looks ok but not for $1000 getting it to me.

Just went over to the Rebel Scum boards and we're actually being nice in comparison. They're tearing this statue a new a***e...

I think everything said and done this will still be the best fett statue ever made.

Unless they rework it completely, I don't see this surpassing the Mythos, not even close, and the Mythos is still more affordable at the moment if you take into account how much it costs to get an XM piece when you don't live in Asia.

Just went over to the Rebel Scum boards and we're actual being nice information comparison. They're tearing this statue a new a***e...

Haha good to know :lol

I really wasn't planning on liking the piece, and I do still think it looks pretty busy, but it turned out much better than I thought it would. I love all of the switch out options. The one thing that still bothers me though, is he supposed to be landing or taking off? If he is taking off his cape wouldn't look like that, but if he was landing the smoke wouldn't look like that either. Sideshow's original Boba PF is still my favorite version of the character from any company yet. I feel the simple pose works perfectly and represents the character that we see on screen 90% of the time.

It kinda looks like there's some sort of forced perspective going on, everything at towards the bottom of the piece looks bigger than the top, like it's designed to be placed at the top of a display case, so you view it from an extreme angle.

So, not entirely sold on this, still on the fence but have a pre-order in anyway. Do you guys think it would be best to sell off my pre-order before or after the official XM PO date (I got mine at the con last year)? I'll be doing so at the current market price, if so, but largely undecided at this point.

Unless they rework it completely, I don't see this surpassing the Mythos, not even close, and the Mythos is still more affordable at the moment if you take into account how much it costs to get an XM piece when you don't live in Asia.

I have the mythos. It is a wonderful statue. My issue is the scale. I think the size and more dynamic features of the xm statue will make it more impressive, but I guess we will all know soon enough.

I love Boba Fett - without question my all-time favorite character. I have virtually every version ever made in all shapes and sizes, and yes, I even have the mythosaur symbol tattooed on my left shoulder.

Saying all that, and not wanting to ruffle any feathers, I cannot stand this piece. A few nice details? Yes. But overall, a very ugly disproportioned caricature. It's like it doesn't know what it's trying to be; on one breath, some details are excellent "replica" level, then on the next (the smoke, small head, Wookie braids, oversized ammo pouches, odd sized/shaped chest plates, etc), it's cartoony. As Bingo said above, there's the Koto or even the Hasbro Unleashed series that has that same "over-the-top" feel.

Personally, IMO, the best representation of the character is the latest SSC PF. Half the price of this abomination, perfectly "embodies" the character, and truly striking from any angle.

I think the main issue is that XM is treating Star Wars like a comic book instead of a movie. I look at this piece and I don't see a movie collectible. I see a Spider-Man villain.

With this much negative reaction surrounding this piece, I wondering in there's time for XM to rework it a bit?

After all, they changed pieces before when the public wasn't happy. The Ghost Rider was repainted and I think something else too.

I am sure this Boba Fett will sell outside within 15 seconds regardless so should XM even care what 20 people on some message board think.

So, not entirely sold on this, still on the fence but have a pre-order in anyway. Do you guys think it would be best to sell off my pre-order before or after the official XM PO date (I got mine at the con last year)? I'll be doing so at the current market price, if so, but largely undecided at this point.

I'd wait on selling your pre-order. I still think it's gonna command demand once sold out even with the mostly negative reaction it's received.

yikes, mandilbe, tell us how you really feel : )

I hope they do some tweaks to it...I have just about every fett statue ever made (except the real bronze ones) and I agree this is an interpretive piece...which clearly upsets many : )

I would be happy if the fix the belt and head - I can live with the rest.

I think the main issue is that XM is treating Star Wars like a comic book instead of a movie. I look at this piece and I don't see a movie collectible. I see a Spider-Man villain.

With this much negative reaction surrounding this piece, I wondering in there's time for XM to rework it a bit?

After all, they changed pieces before when the public wasn't happy. The Ghost Rider was repainted and I think something else too.

I am sure this Boba Fett will sell outside within 15 seconds regardless so should XM even care what 20 people on some message board think.

XM changes a lot, and I feel like it's a good chance that they'll update the helmet.

Not really surprised at how this turned out, given what the majority of XM's stuff looks like (stylized body forms over realistic ones.)

In my case, this would look totally out of place in my collection, partly due to the aforementioned proportions, and partly due to the very busy action pose when my other pieces are pretty stationary. I do think this would look really nice in the collection of someone who had a lot of Marvel or other comic statues, as the aesthetic that was chosen would blend pretty nicely. Will be curious to see what changes if any are made. Not the end-all-be-all Fett statue it was heralded to be, at least in my book.

Back