XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13592269_1703120569908635_5661093822431916563_n.jpg

Impressive statue but it just has way too much going on IMO.

That's a pretty great statue. I wasn't a fan initially. It's been growing on me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I really like it but for some reason it feels more like an anime version and less like a movie version. Not sure why. Being a fan of the movies I still feel that the new Sideshow Boba is more appealing but this looks great!

Maybe the colors are too bright. I don't know. Also not a fan of the shaving cream on the base....

The whole base with jets and everything are making the setup too busy, it detracts from the character itself.

It does have an anime feel to it. And agree too busy. Looks good but not for me.

I love dynamic poses for my statues and this one has an awesome pose.
I just can't get past that smoke. It looks more like:

dsc00188.jpg

Lots of good points.

I will definitely keep an eye out for their next SW statues but to me XM hit as much as they miss. Some of their comic books statues are very impressive, but most of the time it's due to the base/accessories, not a big fan of the clothing/faces, and very "clean" look they give them. Their face sculpts are weird as well.

This one looks like a $200 Kotobukiya to me, I don't know why, I guess it's the sum of everything mentioned but it just doesn't feel right for such an expensive piece.

And just for the record... If the Mythos piece was 1/4 scale I think it would blow this out of the park. Just my opinion.

And just for the record... If the Mythos piece was 1/4 scale I think it would blow this out of the park. Just my opinion.

I think it's fair to say that every single Mythos statue is the best or second best representation of each character to date (which is why so many people are pissed that it was so short lived). Indeed the one "issue" is the scale, if my Mythos statues could turn into 1/4's all of a sudden, man... That would be amazing.

Sideshow knocked it out of the park. It wasn't an easy task to make Boba Fett so interesting in a static pose, same with Vader. Yet they are gorgeous and have something about them that you simply can't find anywhere else.
Gotta love how they went all out with the accessories/weapons on Fett but it's not too crowded, it just looks freaking cool.

Personally I don't like it much at all. I think it is very cartoony looking. Perhaps it's the photography but this just does not look like the Fett from the films IMO. Head is too small, wookie braids are funny looking and pose and base is too toyish IMO. Switch out options are a nice bonus but I don't think they help the piece look any better. Just my opinion... Congrats to those that like it and are getting it though.

13529201_1703120616575297_2202484080879751469_n.jpg

13524501_1703120489908643_4610155324722373527_n.jpg

A 1/4 mythos would be the ultimate Fett... It still is actually but the scale does not fit the rest of my collection and thus I sold it. Love my New PF also and think there are things about it that are better then the Mythos. But a 1/4 scale mythos would have allowed for some better paints and detail also that would have made it King for a long time to come.

I feel more or less the same way. Boba Fett statues have a tendency to portray a totally different character than we actually know (from the films). The films constitute the character that we know, and that's the character I'd like to see. I feel that the original PF does the best job.

I think it's fair to say that every single Mythos statue is the best or second best representation of each character to date (which is why so many people are pissed that it was so short lived). Indeed the one "issue" is the scale, if my Mythos statues could turn into 1/4's all of a sudden, man... That would be amazing.

Sideshow knocked it out of the park. It wasn't an easy task to make Boba Fett so interesting in a static pose, same with Vader. Yet they are gorgeous and have something about them that you simply can't find anywhere else.
Gotta love how they went all out with the accessories/weapons on Fett but it's not too crowded, it just looks freaking cool.

Yup, absolutely agree with everything and I don't even own a single Mythos piece. Awesome line!

How much is this going to cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Agreed regarding the scale of the Mythos. It's too bad really. I liked all of them with Maul being my least favorite. But Boba, Vader, Obi Wan, and Gamorrean were all very good.

Back