XM Boba Fett 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to pass on this. Too many pieces coming out that I'd rather spend $1k on. Congrats to those getting it, but it just doesn't scream out "must-have" for me.

I thought they were going to stop putting up statues for preorder then changing them later.

I don't know anything about that. All I know is they stated they will always listen to their fans if there are genuine concerns. Last I heard, they might be looking into the smoke now. They've heard how a lot of people don't like the oozing out everywhere effect.

I thought they were going to stop putting up statues for preorder then changing them later.

It hasn't gone up for preorder, the con PO was special and hardly matters, it wasn't finished at all at that point.

edit: Also I just checked the facebook and wow I would totally not respond to people there, what a bunch of ****s :p

Then why are people taking money for orders? :lol
people do it early too, people also took pos many months ago :p maybe it's soon or even now but I don't see it on XM's site and it wasn't supposed to even go up until the 15th previously (before all the crying about it).

I got the preorder notice from Simply Toys today so some places are putting it up for preorder.

not up for po from xm yet though ><

people do it early too, people also took pos many months ago :p

not up for po from xm yet though ><

Not up at XM but Simply Toys got the OK to get preorders. If XM is going to make changes then they should have it finalized before any retailer starts taking orders. They cancelled the preorder date for Witchblade to make changes. Ordering a statue thinking it's going to be one way then finding out changes are going to be made later is irritating. Same situation with not ordering a statue because you don't like the way it looks and missing out on the preorder only to find out they're changing it for the better later. Don't put the damn thing up until it's finalized.

I guess, I don't really mind though as I've seen their changes for the better but I know some people don't agree. I feel like if they chance the helmet though they may just include both ;p

Glad to hear that XM is making the effort to address the feedback they're getting.
If they do work on the helmet and offer this without the 'shaving cream' smoke effect, I think that would make this more appealing to many collectors.

Just placed my pre-order for this statue, will be my first piece from XM!

Also, this is from XM on another forum:

Hey guys, we will be reducing the size of the belt pouches for sure. The Helmet is actually based on the actual proportions - as what Grumpy has shown, we've worked with the approving team to get it as close as possible. As the pose shows Boba leaning backwards, most of the photos create the illusion his Helmet is smaller than it actually is. There are weathering on the statue but not that obvious in the photos though - will send close up photos of the production run when ready so you guys can see it. As for the scarf flowing direction, our concept was Boba leaping down into battle from high ground but using his jetpack to slow down the fall hence the direction of the scarf. Hope this provides some context! We are also looking into changing the material for the trophy strands of hair. The biggest disappointment is that no, we won't be shipping Boba with those cats...

Just placed my pre-order for this statue, will be my first piece from XM!

Also, this is from XM on another forum:
That type of feedback and listening to your collectors is what makes me love this hobby so much more than in the past. I feel we collectors seriously have a voice throughout the entire process with XM nowadays. Kudos to them for making the minor adjustments to the belt size. We all want the same thing in the end, an incredible piece that best portrays the characters we all love and grew up with.

Rock on, this Fett will be absolute greatness I tell you! Congrats to all who have him coming. Super stoked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I know they will cap at 999 if it went that high, but I'm curious as to what the actual ES was? Fixing the pouches and the braids is great and explaining the process behind the helmets look continues to prove why so many people like XM. Looking forward to adding this one to the collection.

Its just too much smoke if boba is just trying to break his fall with a quick burst of the jetpack in the pose. This just looks like he is been hovering around for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back