Xiall – The Great Osteomancer Premium Format Figure (Court of the Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. Never happened and never will, if anything Sideshow will cut production and still make their good profit, but not going to lower the price. What you're referring to might be people talking about picking these characters down the road for cheaper than retail from Ebay or private sales, entirely possible since these characters are not really in demand and being so pricey to start for makes it really hard for them to hold their value. Especially when other 10 or so are already planned, it's not like there won't be another undead chick made. You miss out on this and years from now you still will be able to buy queen of the dead, siren, kier, cleopsis or whoelse at retail. It's not like you're missing out on Darth Thalon and there won't be another half naked Sith chick in the market for a decade, so to say.

I think maybe they were talking about them putting it on sale some long while after release to get rid of whatever they've got left lying around. But I've made peace with my decision-- the payment plan helps dull the sting.

Besides, I absolutely love this design, and if I bought it some time down the line, I'd have to throw down however-many hundreds all at once. Though I'm sure I will look it up on eBay 3 years from now and still feel bad if folks end up selling it for less. But not as bad as I feel when I look up things I didn't buy when they came out and now they're over $1k SHAAAAAAK TIIII!

Shaak ti is beautiful. I'll hold off on xiall till i see the ES.

I think maybe they were talking about them putting it on sale some long while after release to get rid of whatever they've got left lying around. But I've made peace with my decision-- the payment plan helps dull the sting.

Besides, I absolutely love this design, and if I bought it some time down the line, I'd have to throw down however-many hundreds all at once. Though I'm sure I will look it up on eBay 3 years from now and still feel bad if folks end up selling it for less. But not as bad as I feel when I look up things I didn't buy when they came out and now they're over $1k SHAAAAAAK TIIII!

Yeah I had seen that. Made me decide to save my money and put it towards one of the Conan statues being offered soon by Chronicle and PCS. Any ES over 1,000 for the COTD is too high.

Yeh, I don't get their logic on these Cotd edition sizes.. 2000ES @ $600.. this one will be around for ages even tho It's prob my favourite one so far.

I think this is the reason I'm having such a strong reaction. She was the only one I really wanted to get. $600 for her and then the big difference in price of Cleopsis, who in my opinion has more intricate sculpting, just didn't sit well with me. But it's their business and they are entitled to do whatever they wish.

Yeh, I don't get their logic on these Cotd edition sizes.. 2000ES @ $600.. this one will be around for ages even tho It's prob my favourite one so far.

logic is there ! Less ES.. higher price.. = Higher ES lower price ... BUT .. less work and less labor, material costs..etc.. if they do it with Less ES but higher Price.

:yess:

Dear Gravemist,

Your pre-order of the Xiall: The Great Osteomancer - Court of the Dead - Premium Format Figure (300412) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 14 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Wednesday, December 14, 2016. If you need to make any changes or updates you must do so directly on your order through your online account.

My last payment was supposed to take place in mid-January so I changed it to pay the full amount as soon as possible. If Xiall is coming in in a couple of weeks there's no way I'm waiting another month and a half!

Picked Xiall up from FedEx today. She's a beauty. Wish her scroll actually said something intelligible instead of just random and backward characters of dead script. Aside from that I have zero complaints. At least the script on the base is real. So many neat textures and details to pick out. Her bustle takes up a lot of space, flowing well beyond the circumference of the base.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMEHz4UwWPLYsrK5ZD_QuJWGUJDuvIiLf0N_w68

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2mWaOGvM6xVTam_MAKdCnbrWkgAbrx76Ee8kf

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN08LnLD4asVubbomfS7Zr2kStC-yhk4wVHMCEx

Wow, what a piece! This collection simply rocks.

Xiall.jpg

I just got an amazing deal on one of these off eBay. Seller repaired a clean break to small blue flame in hand but otherwise perfect. Also grabbed Kier and Deaths Siren. Will post pics once I get it

I wanted to grab the Gallevarbe that buddy has for sale in the Sell/Trade forum but as always - US Shipping Only. :gah:

Back