Xensation Game of Thrones Davos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful pictures.

Question: is the cape brown or olive colored? I always thought it has a bit of green in it but lately the pictures make it look brown.

The cape is definitely way more olive green than it is brown. The intended underside is a bit flatter in color. It drapes well and isn't frustrating to repose and adjust like some 1/6 stuff can be.

@FlyAndFight There definitely is more weathering/grime in hand than what there appears in photos on Davos green costume. You might still choose to add more if you really want him dirtied up. The boots are not great and definitely need weathering if used.

The cape is definitely way more olive green than it is brown. The intended underside is a bit flatter in color. It drapes well and isn't frustrating to repose and adjust like some 1/6 stuff can be.

@FlyAndFight There definitely is more weathering/grime in hand than what there appears in photos on Davos green costume. You might still choose to add more if you really want him dirtied up. The boots are not great and definitely need weathering if used.

Cool! Still not sure if I'll pick him up. Leaning towards "no" at this time but I know I'll break and end up getting him...

Ok, I need only the following:

Tyrion 2.0 - Got him
Jon 2.0 - Pre-ordered

Might get:
Davos
Tormund (if they release a good one)
Jorah (if they release a good one)
The Hound 2.0 (if they release a good one)

:gah: The slope could give way any minute...

What do you all think about one of the Tamiya Weathering Master Set A? It has Mud, Sand and Light Sand. I haven't done brush painting for a long while, especially on a figure. I'm afraid I'll make an error but I'm thinking about touching up the beard on the hs.

Cool! Still not sure if I'll pick him up. Leaning towards "no" at this time but I know I'll break and end up getting him...

Ok, I need only the following:

Tyrion 2.0 - Got him
Jon 2.0 - Pre-ordered

Might get:
Davos
Tormund (if they release a good one)
Jorah (if they release a good one)
The Hound 2.0 (if they release a good one)

:gah: The slope could give way any minute...

I still haven't picked him up, but it's getting hard to resist.lol There are others things I want, and I know my GoT collection has a limit as far as my sincere love for the character and their arch in the show, etc. It's just at this point, I have all the GoT 1/6 figures out and I'm getting the completist itch, which is really irritating because I've always been good about controlling it. I did it with Star Wars and Batman. But Davos is so.nice looking, and affordable! Damn it.lol
And as far as secondary characters for Xensation to do then Ygritte is a must. More so than a lot of the others I've heard. Now there was a relationship with Jon Snow I bought! For obvious reasons come to find out later. Lol

What do you all think about one of the Tamiya Weathering Master Set A? It has Mud, Sand and Light Sand. I haven't done brush painting for a long while, especially on a figure. I'm afraid I'll make an error but I'm thinking about touching up the beard on the hs.

If you're planning to just paint directly over the factory paint without stripping it
you can always wipe off acrylic paint if you mess up on the beard and the underlying paint will be fine. I've done it many times before when I just want to add a little touch up. As long as you don't seal it you can wipe it off with regular ol' tap water and paper towel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I still haven't picked him up, but it's getting hard to resist.lol There are others things I want, and I know my GoT collection has a limit as far as my sincere love for the character and their arch in the show, etc. It's just at this point, I have all the GoT 1/6 figures out and I'm getting the completist itch, which is really irritating because I've always been good about controlling it. I did it with Star Wars and Batman. But Davos is so.nice looking, and affordable! Damn it.lol
And as far as secondary characters for Xensation to do then Ygritte is a must. More so than a lot of the others I've heard. Now there was a relationship with Jon Snow I bought! For obvious reasons come to find out later. Lol

The fact that you've already picked up all of the other GoT figures makes getting Davos a no-brainer. If you've come this far, this one is a must-get. Plus, he came out fantastic.

I just noticed that my "might get" list consists of those that traveled with Jon to the North, beyond The Wall. That was a cool series of episodes.

The fact that you've already picked up all of the other GoT figures makes getting Davos a no-brainer. If you've come this far, this one is a must-get. Plus, he came out fantastic.

I just noticed that my "might get" list consists of those that traveled with Jon to the North, beyond The Wall. That was a cool series of episodes.
No you don't!

Therefore, you must get Davos. Simple math.
Lol.

I'd probably would if I could offload some of my WWII figures/accessories that no one wants to buy. I need dat cheddar.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Who was in that squad? I remember the Hound, Tormund, Jorah and the guy with the fire sword. It was cool, but having them all, and with those particular outfits sounds like too much for me. But it was cool, indeed.

EDIT: Ah, I found them, and there's a bunch of funny memes about the "Super Crew": Jon, Tormund, Thoros, Jorah, the Hound, Beric and Gendry. https://www.ablogofthrones.com/jon-snow-super-crew-beyond-the-wall-game-of-thrones/

I have all the weathering master sets and the pens too.
They are just like make up kits(In fact, you are cheaper buying makeup kits for the same job if you can find multiple sets with all the shades you need).
But as such, you’d need to seal them after use. They are only meant to add smudging to paintwork, or very light tinting.
It might work on a beard. But it might not. And whatever you do, don’t use any makeup removal products to try and remove it if it goes wrong, lol.

That headsculpt is on point! A bit more transition on the painting of the hairline would've been perfect!
87067864_10163357426390604_2475456730931134464_n.jpg

87151249_10163357426460604_5136590618964787200_n.jpg

85245077_10163357426505604_3655069889619558400_n.jpg

this looks great. Just ordered from KGHobby. $125 shipped to the US.

Now let's see how long it takes for me to get it w/corona going on.

Back