Xbox 360 vs PS3 VS Nintendo Wii poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which system if more fun?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
I also have all three and I wouldn't trade my 360 for a Wii and PS3 combined if I had to choose. Kudos to Microsoft because in the previous generation of consoles, the PS2 was King closely followed by the Gamecube. The only reason I had an original XBox was because of Doom3.

Just one question for the Sony Fanboys, if the PS3 is so good why is Sony losing its ass on it. I forget the number but the amount of money Sony's gaming division lost was astronomical. 360 may have hardware issues but I would like to see the failure rate % over time compaired to the PS3 over time. I bet those numbers aren't so different. Then you have the PS3 which has a negative margin for Sony. For those who don't know what that means, they lose money on EVERY single unit they sell. Sony once again sat back and thought they could do what ever they wanted and they would be king like before. I believe the seriously underestimated the 360 and even more the Wii. I would say that the PS3 is a good multimedia device, basicly is BluRay DVD player that happens to be able to play video games. I believe I reading something at some point that said a large % of PS3 were puchased as BluRay DVD player not a gaming system.

Just one question for the Sony Fanboys, if the PS3 is so good why is Sony losing its ass on it. I forget the number but the amount of money Sony's gaming division lost was astronomical. 360 may have hardware issues but I would like to see the failure rate % over time compaired to the PS3 over time. I bet those numbers aren't so different. Then you have the PS3 which has a negative margin for Sony. For those who don't know what that means, they lose money on EVERY single unit they sell. Sony once again sat back and thought they could do what ever they wanted and they would be king like before. I believe the seriously underestimated the 360 and even more the Wii. I would say that the PS3 is a good multimedia device, basicly is BluRay DVD player that happens to be able to play video games. I believe I reading something at some point that said a large % of PS3 were puchased as BluRay DVD player not a gaming system.

I'm pretty terrible on remebering to link things I've read but pretty sure most articles and studies have shown that most folks have bought the PS3 as a gaming machine and a decent number aren't aware that it is even a blue ray player. I've only have a Wii and the PS3 and while the Wii is a fun group oriented machine, I've enjoyed the few games I've played on the PS3 much more. That said I'm not a console guy at all, I'd prefer to play a game on my PC any day of the week.

I think what Sony isn't losing much money on the PS3's anymore since the price of the blue ray parts have come down and I think anyone would be fooling themselves into believeing that Microsoft hasn't lost a ton of money on the 360's, both Sony and MS have plenty of money to burn on loss leaders.

I look at it this way, the Wii is a really fun "game" machine, but If I want a device to do a lot of different things with media and do it well, my money is on the PS3.

Evan

I'm pretty terrible on remebering to link things I've read but pretty sure most articles and studies have shown that most folks have bought the PS3 as a gaming machine and a decent number aren't aware that it is even a blue ray player. I've only have a Wii and the PS3 and while the Wii is a fun group oriented machine, I've enjoyed the few games I've played on the PS3 much more. That said I'm not a console guy at all, I'd prefer to play a game on my PC any day of the week.

I think what Sony isn't losing much money on the PS3's anymore since the price of the blue ray parts have come down and I think anyone would be fooling themselves into believeing that Microsoft hasn't lost a ton of money on the 360's, both Sony and MS have plenty of money to burn on loss leaders.

I look at it this way, the Wii is a really fun "game" machine, but If I want a device to do a lot of different things with media and do it well, my money is on the PS3.

Evan

The last stats from August said that only 40% of PS3 owners know it plays Blu-Ray and only about half of them have ever used it to play Blu-Ray. And a good percentage don't even know it's HD. But then there's also a good percentage of Xbox 360 owners who don't know it's HD, and a good percentage that have know idea what the Xbox Live Arcade is.

polls/questions like this are utterly pointless as it's all down to individual taste, and there is no correct answer. I've played most of the consoles that have existed over the years and pretty much universally they all offer something... it just depends what you like.

Also, each of the consoles is fun.... depending on the games you're playing. I've played all 3, and they're all great..... questions like this just add fuel to the flames of fanboyism

having said that... I have and love my Ninty console.... (I loved the idea of it since it was announced.... finally.... something different)

so for that.... I am voting...

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :rotfl:lol:rotfl

...the PS2 was King closely followed by the Gamecube.

I don't have any numbers handy right now, but I can assure you, the Gamecube didn't closely follow anything. The last gen was a two horse race run by Sony and Microsoft.

No matter what system that you enjoy it is clear that this is the best figure to ever come out. :lol :monkey3 :lol

TNR10050.jpg

^ Tell me about it. While everyone was so excited about "Lego Batman" being made into a game, I was sad because what I really wanted was a "Tonner Batman" game! :rotfl

^ Tell me about it. While everyone was so excited about "Lego Batman" being made into a game, I was sad because what I really wanted was a "Tonner Batman" game! :rotfl

And if you press A in that game you can activate your Bat Camel Toe feature. :rotfl :chew :rotfl

My boss really wanted to get her daughter a Wii for Christmas. Ofcourse, she decides now when it is practically impossible to find one at any of the stores around here. Ended up getting her one on ebay....with the sports pack it came to $450!!! Couldn't believe it. My PS3 I just bought was half of that. Atleast now I'll finally be able to try this out because I don't think I would ever get one for myself.

My boss really wanted to get her daughter a Wii for Christmas. Ofcourse, she decides now when it is practically impossible to find one at any of the stores around here. Ended up getting her one on ebay....with the sports pack it came to $450!!! Couldn't believe it. My PS3 I just bought was half of that. Atleast now I'll finally be able to try this out because I don't think I would ever get one for myself.

Now is a really bad time to try and buy a Wii this summer they were sitting on the shelves everywhere I went. If only I had bought them up I could be selling them on ebay like everyone else is now.

The last stats from August said that only 40% of PS3 owners know it plays Blu-Ray and only about half of them have ever used it to play Blu-Ray. And a good percentage don't even know it's HD. But then there's also a good percentage of Xbox 360 owners who don't know it's HD, and a good percentage that have know idea what the Xbox Live Arcade is.

I could be wrong but as far as I know 360's are not shipped with the HD DVD add on are they? Again not a big console player, I think the Wii is great fun at parties and the PS3 which I've only played heavenly sword and a bit of folklore was fun, but I'd prefer to play games on my PC anyday, main draw for me with the PS3 is it does a few things very well, least playing games to me anyway (bought it more for Blueray then anything else.)

Evan

I could be wrong but as far as I know 360's are not shipped with the HD DVD add on are they? Again not a big console player, I think the Wii is great fun at parties and the PS3 which I've only played heavenly sword and a bit of folklore was fun, but I'd prefer to play games on my PC anyday, main draw for me with the PS3 is it does a few things very well, least playing games to me anyway (bought it more for Blueray then anything else.)

Evan

You're correct, they do not come with the HD DVD drive, although for gaming, the 360 is still HD. Just not for video viewing (yet, b/c supposedly there is one coming out at the end of next year with a built in HD DVD player).

You're correct, they do not come with the HD DVD drive, although for gaming, the 360 is still HD. Just not for video viewing (yet, b/c supposedly there is one coming out at the end of next year with a built in HD DVD player).

Yes because Bill Gates takes clues from Lucas and will never give you everything you want in one purchase. :lol

I don't have any numbers handy right now, but I can assure you, the Gamecube didn't closely follow anything. The last gen was a two horse race run by Sony and Microsoft.

Not to me and that's all I care about. I was referring to what I like playing not anything to do with sales numbers, etc.

Back