X-Plus Godzilla Vinyl Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box Day!
Just got the X-Plus Large Monster Series Varan in the mail today! Couldn't wait to take pictures.

Varan.jpg

Varan2.jpg

Crawling.jpg

Box Day!
Just got the X-Plus Large Monster Series Varan in the mail today! Couldn't wait to take pictures.

Oh man, John... If I had the room... That guy looks awesome! Can't wait for the review! :rock

(And as a note to everyone, look at how I removed the pictures from the quoted post so the thread isn't clogged up with repetition... Ooooohh.) :lol

Hello everyone.... I have the following for sale/trade....

I will be trading for X-Plus Godzilla figures ONLY! PM me if you have any for sale!

All of my figures have been opened and briefly displayed for my photography before going back in their shipper boxes and sitting on shelves. If you want photos of my items for sale, simply visit my online toy gallery located here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn

Buyers are responsible for shipping. If interested, please PM me with your mailing info for quotes.

DC ITEMS:

BATMAN - BRUCE WAYNE - DX 12 - $325.
SUPERMAN MMS152(CHRISTOPHER REEVE SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE) - $225
JOKER 2.0 - DX 11 - $325 PENDING
JOKER 2.0 SS EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY (MASK SET) - $60
SELINA KYLE MMS188 - CATWOMAN - $200

MARVEL ITEMS:

ODIN MMS148 - $200 PENDING
IRON MONGER MMS164 - $475 PENDING
HAWKEYE AVENGERS MMS172 - $475 SOLD
NICK FURY AVENGERS MMS169- $275 PENDING
HULK AVENGERS MMS186- $300
IRON MAN MKVI MOVIE PROMO EDITION MMS171- $575 PENDING
IRON MAN MARK VII - AVENGERS SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE MMS185 - $400
IRON MAN MARK VII BD EXCLUSIVE SOLD
CAPTAIN AMERICA MMS174 - AVENGERS - $300
BLACK WIDOW MMS178 - AVENGERS - $210 SOLD
THOR - AVENGERS MMS175 - $210 PENDING
LOKI - AVENGERS MMS176 - $300 SOLD
AGENT PHIL COULSON MMS189- $200
AMAZING SPIDER MAN MMS179- $195
THE WOLVERINE MMS220 - $200

3A

HALO MARK V COMMANDO BAMBALAND STORE EXCLUSIVE - $200

I accept Paypal (preferred) or money order. PM me if interested and/or if you have questions and thanks for looking! :wave

Last edited:
I believe this should give you an idea of wich 30cm figures Diamond plans to reissue. The other thing to keep in mind, is the scale difference between the Large Monster Series and the 30cm line. If you're like me and love seeing the size difference, then you kinda have to pick one and stick with it. (Or at least that's my feeling.)

View attachment 97286

Wish I saw this before I bid on G 62 on ebay today... Oh well.. I won it :) Now I got that to go with my G64 when that comes out. Can't wait for G68.

Last edited:
I dove head first into X-Plus myself too. I just purchased the X-Plus 30cm Titanosaurus for a small fortune! It should be arriving in a few days and can hardly wait!!! :rock

You cannot go wrong with these...There's a few I missed out on myself

Scored my first X-Plus today!!! Titanosaurus and its INCREDIBLE!!! I'll be posting pictures of it later and will be giving him the Viking Gallery treatment! :rock

Can't wait to get my first Godzilla too! Which is also in transit!!! :panic:

I first bought a X-Plus figure long ago before they have their mainlines they do now (around mid 2000). A 10" Gamera 3 figure (branded under Sega) as a UFO Catcher machine prize. Little did I knew back then that you have to blow dry the parts squishy soft for the assembly, so all I did was xacto some of the excess and superglued all the parts (head/arms/legs/tail) when they are still hard, leaving a lot of ugly gaps and residue. Fortunately, that figure was pretty cheap (around $30). The paintjob is minimal and rough, but it was a really nice sculpt for the price.

Fast forward a good number of years, the upcoming movie got me into Kaiju stuff again, and I also got into X-Plus 30cm line recently. While I won't go crazy collecting a lot, I did pick up a couple of my favorites the past couple months. A Gamera 1999 (Ric Boy ver.), and a Godzilla 2001 GMK (Daimond Re-issue). While I like Gamera more (those clear vinyl claws and fangs are so lifelike, and the flaming hand is so awesome), the GMK Godzilla turn out much nicer than expected. I heard people complain about it being too fat, and the Re-issue has the lower lip painted red instead of grey (which I fixed with some acrylic paint), its much nicer in person than photos suggested. So glad I picked up these two and can imagine their ultimate showdown on my shelf, even when that is not likely to ever happen on the silver screen.

For those that have high expectations on the paintob, don't be too suprised these X-Plus figures to have some hiccups here and there, as expensive as they are. Both of mine came with some flaws. Felt that the figures went through quite a few layers of airbrushing and touch up process to get all the nice realistic details. But all it takes is one of those steps with a mistake or heavy handed brush line and it will look messed up. Like my Gamera's teeth dark shading was not aligned when airbrushed, so it looks more like it hasn't been brushing for a long time. Or the grey lines on the toe claws of GMK were painted very sloppy and some a bit crooked. Still look very awesome, but you'll see bigger hiccups than what we are used to in Hot Toys stuff, even if X-Plus sometimes costing more than the HTs.

I dove head first into X-Plus myself too. I just purchased the X-Plus 30cm Titanosaurus for a small fortune! It should be arriving in a few days and can hardly wait!!! :rock

Congrats!!! You started off with one of the tougher ones to get.

Thank you! The figure is amazing too!

Just wish I could score the 73 Godzilla and 67 Godzilla. Those are hard to find!

Yeah Titanosaurus is one of the standout figures in the line, a shelf popper. I luckily just got the 73 G. They are out there, there was one on eBay recently for a great BIN price. I'm after 67 as well, have not seen one for sale since I started collecting.

Yeah Titanosaurus is one of the standout figures in the line, a shelf popper. I luckily just got the 73 G. They are out there, there was one on eBay recently for a great BIN price. I'm after 67 as well, have not seen one for sale since I started collecting.

We need to PM each other's want list. Which I will do later today once I prioritize the figures I want first. These are expensive trying to catch up. Perhaps we can help one another out in the future. :wink1:

My X-Plus Godzilla 75 just arrived! I'm sooooo stoked at the moment! This and the 73 were my top wants!!! :yess:

tumblr_lbn0kxtNRa1qzr8nao1_500.gif

giphy.gif

:blissy

Scored my first X-Plus today!!! Titanosaurus and its INCREDIBLE!!! I'll be posting pictures of it later and will be giving him the Viking Gallery treatment! :rock

Niiiice! I have over 60 of them now and sadly Titanosaurus isn't one of them. I hope Diamond re-issues him so it will be easier for me to get.

Niiiice! I have over 60 of them now and sadly Titanosaurus isn't one of them. I hope Diamond re-issues him so it will be easier for me to get.

60? :thud:

I envy you! Heck, I'll be happy to have 10-20 this year alone! If you have any extras you want to part with, lmk. :wink1:

As for re-issues, I'm hoping for the 68 Anguirus, Megalon, Biollante, and Gigan! The latter 3 go for a small fortune right now.

Last edited:
We need to PM each other's want list. Which I will do later today once I prioritize the figures I want first. These are expensive trying to catch up. Perhaps we can help one another out in the future. :wink1:

Cool just PM your list. I'll do so too. I search a decent amount so I can keep a lookout.

Back