X-Men v Sentinel #1: what do you think of this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys see this in person, you will know why the secondary price is elevated.

yea... but there is "elevated" and there is "$2500 WTF ARE YOU DOING" elevated

if you're passionate about the piece and have a money tree, then I guess it's okay....me personally, I would never pay 2500 for a Dio or statue, whatever....shiii+++, you can use that money to buy yourself multiple statues!!!

God that seller lives in my town, should have got his address and gone and robbed him:rotfl

yea... but there is "elevated" and there is "$2500 WTF ARE YOU DOING" elevated

:lecture :lecture.

Spartan has got a point. Yes I do have the #1 piece, infact I have all 3 of the pieces with #2 being an EX [detailed, picture-infested review of the entire set coming up soon!!! :rock:rock].

I'm only saying this to drive home the fact that I'm a huge, huge fan of this diorama set, but $2,577.67 is a bit steep or am I the only one here that has a wallet that's been affected by the credit crunch?

I don't want to offend anyone, and perhaps the buyer is even here on the forums so I'd never say anything to make them feel they haven't got a great piece here, because they have, but man -- fan or no fan, grail or no grail -- that price tag is huge... :banghead:banghead

Plus that price didn't even include postage!? :confused::confused:

No postage despite that price!?!

Shelling out for postage even after paying that amount is like getting a "dear John" letter without at least a smiley at the end... that's just cold :sick

Last edited:
Awesome price for an awesome statue!

If a Van Gogh painting can go for 140 million, then i can't see why this art piece can go fro $2500 or more :) I wish I have one :)

Congratulation to the seller. If a buyer is happy to pay that much, then many prop to him/her. We should be congratulating...instead of questioning it... :)

Last edited:
Awesome price for an awesome statue!

If a Van Gogh painting can go for 140 million, then i can't see why this art piece can go fro $2500 or more :) I wish I have one :)

Congratulation to the seller. If a buyer is happy to pay that much, then many prop to him/her. We should be congratulating...instead of questioning it... :)

I'm pretty sure the Van Gough winner wouldn't have to pay extra for S&H :D

$2500+ is too hig, I wouldn't pay that!

but here's another question, is that a good price if the piece were say...Oh I don't know.. a Doom PF ??

if the purchaser is happy with that then the price is fine, imo.

for myself i wouldn't pay that much for that particular piece, but i have paid close to that for other pieces that i felt were worth that kind of money.

ie: grey hulk vs spidey. now that pieces es is only 50 :horror so it a little different than this piece.

:lecture :lecture.
Spartan has got a point. Yes I do have the #1 piece, infact I have all 3 of the pieces with #2 being an EX [detailed, picture-infested review of the entire set coming up soon!!! :rock:rock].

I can't wait:rock2 I really want this piece too, but it's way out of my price range I'm willing to spend at the moment:(

I love this piece mainly because of the light up Sentinel head but its not on my must have lists to pay that much for....then again I paid about $1250 for a Doom Exclusive that I don't regret one bit so I can't really throw stones.

I just bought one of these exculsive last week and I thought that I over paid, but this one of my must have in my collection. If you have the money and you are not taking food off the table for the family then why not. You love something that much then money is nothing.

Very nice score for the seller and for the buyer!

for the x-men exclusive #1 i paid alot, i think 1600! i wanted it pretty bad, and i am glad i was able to get it! it is one of my favorite collectibles.

Tough call here. I have paid bigger dollars than this for the Hard Hero Chrome Silver Surfer (it was the the only one made in chrome of the 500 pieces, and numbered edition #48, first appearance number). For me it was worth getting. I know for others they would just shake there heads at the price I paid for it.

But a year later, I was able to purchase edition #49, the first cover appearance and painted version of it, and have the #48 comic, grade 9.4. And the #48 chrome is signed by Stan Lee.

At the time, I was thinking myself I was over the top, when I had the #48 chrome Silver Surfer. Looking at how this collection has come together, and how I will display it, I think it was worthwhile, first and foremost from a collectors point of view, and yes, financially.

I looked at the auction description. New condition, never displayed, includes the shipping box which appears to be in good condition. Would I have paid that price? No, because I do not have an interest there in the dioramas. If I had a strong interest in it? Maybe not, unless I was looking for one in NEW condition. The edition size is big enough though that you may find one new cheaper.

Back