X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fox Men was probably on the wane anyway but damn what a bad time to bring out another one. Who was gonna give a crap about another round of ''Don't do this Eric'' after Avengers Endgame.

"Here we go again Charles and nobody cares" probably wasn't the wisest tagline, lol.

I think they were going for self-deprecation. It has backfired :lol

Seriously though, people might not care about more MCU movies after Endgame so what chance did another Fox-men film have. The MCU is at least being wise to make their next one a Spiderman film. That has the best chance of not losing people.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I almost never buy physical movies anymore, though.

:lol :lol

Khev and I are just messing with you we always enjoy some kara humor every once in awhile.

Seriously though, people might not care about more MCU movies after Endgame so what chance did another Fox-men film have. The MCU is at least being wise to make their next one a Spiderman film. That has the best chance of not losing people.

I read somewhere that integration of the X-Men could be a good ways off. If that's the case, they could start up a whole "phase" of movies focused around the X-Men at some point. From what little I've followed regarding the new Spidey movie, if there is a Marvel Multiverse now, that's a straightforward way of integrating X-Men without having to start from scratch with mutants starting to develop powers for the first time, explaining how they become a team, etc.

By the way, the Spidey movie takes place, partly, in the UK, and a huge part of Captain Britain's story (thanks to Alan Moore!) is his experiences with a multi-verse.

16.png

And a Braddock was referenced in Endgame. Coincidence?

"Here we go again Charles and nobody cares" probably wasn't the wisest tagline, lol.

I lol when he said that line in the movie.

I'm super excited for Spidey as an immediate epilogue to EG but also morbidly curious to see how much they will drop the ball explaining the impact on humanity post snap 2.

Honestly I need both a mental and financial break from the MCU and there is no better time to start than when CM is ready to take the lead lol

Wake me up when the XM and F4 arrive at the scene.

I read somewhere that integration of the X-Men could be a good ways off. If that's the case, they could start up a whole "phase" of movies focused around the X-Men at some point. From what little I've followed regarding the new Spidey movie, if there is a Marvel Multiverse now, that's a straightforward way of integrating X-Men without having to start from scratch with mutants starting to develop powers for the first time, explaining how they become a team, etc.

By the way, the Spidey movie takes place, partly, in the UK, and a huge part of Captain Britain's story (thanks to Alan Moore!) is his experiences with a multi-verse.

16.png

And a Braddock was referenced in Endgame. Coincidence?

Good catch lets see said the person with 20/20 vision.

This does feel like we're back in mid-80's post-ROTJ territory. Anything following EG has the danger of feeling like a "who cares" TV ewok movie.

This does feel like we're back in mid-80's post-ROTJ territory. Anything following EG has the danger of feeling like a "who cares" TV ewok movie.

Seriously just give me Iron Studios Cap, IM, Thor, Thanos and my MCU movie collection up to EG (maybe Spiderman FFH decision pending) and call it a wrap.

Seriously it's insane that IS knocked all four of those statues out of the park (even with Thor's so so likeness.) I'm kind of looking forward to SMFFH but like you said I think it will have a hard time truly feeling connected to the world as we left it in EG. Even the Russos and writers said that this was the first Marvel film that they wrote with the mindset that it's the end with no thought on how things might continue after. For all intents and purposes it really is the end of the MCU that begin in IM1.

If SMFFH is fun then that will be gravy I guess. When EG ended I was buzzing so strongly that I was ready for more but now I really feel that anything going forward will be an unofficial soft reboot of the entire cinematic universe.

Seriously it's insane that IS knocked all four of those statues out of the park (even with Thor's so so likeness.) I'm kind of looking forward to SMFFH but like you said I think it will have a hard time truly feeling connected to the world as we left it in EG. Even the Russos and writers said that this was the first Marvel film that they wrote with the mindset that it's the end with no thought on how things might continue after. For all intents and purposes it really is the end of the MCU that begin in IM1.

If SMFFH is fun then that will be gravy I guess. When EG ended I was buzzing so strongly that I was ready for more but now I really feel that anything going forward will be an unofficial soft reboot of the entire cinematic universe.

Jumping off now doesn't signify that all of a sudden we just now hate Marvel.

Nothing to do with that.

I mean where do they go after the Thanos infinity gauntlet saga what other bad guy can even begin to compete with those stakes no less surpass them.

What, Galactus or Kang is going to destroy the universe?

Sorry been there done that.

What, a smaller threat will create division amongst the heroes?

What, a new cosmic hero like Adam Warlock will have an epic arc and conclusion?

Sorry been there done that especially since Cap had a cosmic component to his epic conclusion no less yeah good luck topping that lol

Jumping off now doesn't signify that all of a sudden we just now hate Marvel.

Nothing to do with that.

I mean where do they go after the Thanos infinity gauntlet saga what other bad guy can even begin to compete with those stakes no less surpass them.

What, Galactus or Kang is going to destroy the universe?

What, a smaller threat will create division amongst the heroes?

What, a new cosmic hero like Adam Warlock will have an epic arc and conclusion?

Sorry been there done that especially since Cap had a cosmic component to his epic conclusion no less yeah good luck topping that lol

Yep, definitely. B89 and Nolan trilogy really gave us all the Batman we would ever need but that didn't stop us from enjoying BvS warehouse fight so even though I don't really care about grand arcs after EG it will still be fun to see what little surprises that they might still have in store. At least any paling comparison for their future films will be Marvel's own doing. Poor, poor WB being forever stuck in EG's shadow without ever having reaped a single benefit, lol.

Yep, definitely. B89 and Nolan trilogy really gave us all the Batman we would ever need but that didn't stop us from enjoying BvS warehouse fight so even though I don't really care about grand arcs after EG it will still be fun to see what little surprises that they might still have in store. At least any paling comparison for their future films will be Marvel's own doing. Poor, poor WB being forever stuck in EG's shadow without ever having reaped a single benefit, lol.

I can now see MCU movies starting to flop and get low RT scores they are in WB territory now lol

I mean it eventually has to happen it's not a matter of if but when.

That being said I can still see Marvel playing their cards right and creating another major must see event which for me would have to involve the XM and F4.

Ironic how DP was a massive failure yet under the MCU it has serious potential of being a massive hit, crazy times we live in.

I can't believe I just used cinematic F4 in the same sentence as massive hit lol

Actually cinematic Marvel did have the WB curse during their F4/DD era.

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

I have always wanted to get it on with 2 girls named Patty just to say I had a double patty which is how I order my burgers at my local Five Guys burger joint lol

They've pretty much all but said they aren't gonna touch the X-Men for at least a few years (gotta let that stink die down a bit after this), and when they do I imagine they're gonna try to do something that's not just rehashing the plots Fox has already touched.

Back