X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X-Men Supernova

Fassbender is as much if not more of a draw, no?

On the contrary despite Fassbender being so beloved online he's pretty much box office poison. If his numbers don't change in short order I imagine that we'll be seeing far less of him in the future. Hollywood has seemed to finally realize that Jai Courtney is never gonna happen and the Fass could be next.

On the contrary despite Fassbender being so beloved online he's pretty much box office poison. If his numbers don't change in short order I imagine that we'll be seeing far less of him in the future. Hollywood has seemed to finally realize that Jai Courtney is never gonna happen and the Fass could be next.

The difference between Courtney and Fassbender is that Fassbender is a superb actor while Courtney is a mediocre actor.

Fassbender doesn't need to be a box office draw. Like Bale, Lewis, Hardy and McAvoy, he's just a great actor.

The difference between Courtney and Fassbender is that Fassbender is a superb actor while Courtney is a mediocre actor.

Courtney's not as good an actor as Fassbender? Well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things, Snoopy take the professor and plug him into the hyperdrive! :lecture

;)

df04b88ff75bc55d0b6322e17c344884d973f352_hq.gif

Courtney's not as good an actor as Fassbender? Well I'm glad you're here to tell us these things, Snoopy take the professor and plug him into the hyperdrive! :lecture

;)

Excuse me sir you are addressing the king of cinema. The man knows his stuff. Are you some marvel fanatic who has little to no understanding of the art of the craft! Good day sir! Go back to Disney world!

Did I get em snikt?

The fact that the movie takes place in the early 90s, for me, is it's only possible saving grace. Only of course if they are wearing their classic iconic suits.

I may be interesterd... if it's a silly melodrama with cool action and awesome music (ala "First Class").
If it's another Singerverse **** like DoFP and Crapoc then no.

I may be interesterd... if it's a silly melodrama with cool action and awesome music (ala "First Class").

I'm not a huge FC fan like you, but I can definitely see why you hold it above most or all the other films. I guess I'm spoiled by having the 90s team in the films, but we see how that hasn't truly worked. Six movies deep into the main series and FC is the only one to have the closest thing to comic accurate suits.

I love Fassneto a lot in that, but I'm so bored of Fox repackaging the same inflamed hemorrhoids rage scenes and motivations in the two following. I'm fully aware that's what Magneto is, but they need to give him a break from being the villain in these things. It's stale.

Last edited:
I don't even see last two as FC sequels.
DoFP is a soft reboot of the entire film franchise and Crapoc is a sequel to that.
Not to mention both has meh scripts and visuals.

I want another solid X-Men movie. Dark or lighthearted, whatever... Just give us something consistent.

This is another franchise that needs a reboot. While I am a MCU fanboy, I do think they would do this justice, but ultimately I just want something better.

He's the next Clive Owen. Good actor. Box Office Poison.
When Khev brought that up, Owen was the exact example that came to my mind. He was all over the place 10-15 years ago, and now you don't see him anywhere. I think Fassbender is a terrific actor, but if he doesn't sell tickets on his own then the studios won't keep calling on him to star in films for sure. But that doesn't mean he can't stay relevant as a major character to provide texture and depth to the films he is in. He as awesome in Frank.

The fact that the movie takes place in the early 90s, for me, is it's only possible saving grace. Only of course if they are wearing their classic iconic suits.
For me, the '90s focus is one of the major drawbacks! I hate hate hate that we skip over 10 years of critical development of those character we were just introduced to. Cyclops, Jean, and Nightcrawler need time to develop with each other on the screen. Given that they will be mid-late 20's, Jean and Cyke could be married by the time this film starts. On the other hand, it would make more sense for a Dark Phoenix story if they were married or close to it.

Also, the '90s suck.

dBA8PON.gif

This is another franchise that needs a reboot.
Considering the X-Films reboot in just about every new film that comes out, there is a good chance you'll get your wish.

For me, the '90s focus is one of the major drawbacks! I hate hate hate that we skip over 10 years of critical development of those character we were just introduced to.

Well the characters in the 80's were the exact same people they were in the 60's (inside and out) so I doubt that we'll miss any so-called development when they advance the timeline yet again. What's weird is that wasn't Apoc a 90's story and Dark Phoenix 80's? Always on the ball that Fox. :cuckoo:

Though you might not expect much change from characters who start out in their mid-late '30s, you make a fair point about Mystique and Beast, who started out as teens and should be in their 50s in the time the new film takes place. They are more or less 3-dimensional characters (unlike, say, the cardboard cut-outs from Rogue One), but they don't seem to change very much from one time period to the other. Mystique goes from good guy to bad guy to good guy I guess, and may be a bit less impetuous now, but going back to the Star Wars analogy, it's nothing like Han Solo going from the self-centered rogue, to sappy cheese ball in Jedi, to the senile old coot he is in Force Awakens.

Back