X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the early reviews, my expectations aren't too high here. The series has probably run its course at Fox. But I'll go see it, and I'll hope for the best. Dark Phoenix is one of my favorite comic stories of all time, and these are some of my favorite comic characters. So. . .I'm also confused about the Suicide Squad reject hanging out on the right side. I pray that's not Gladiator or something :( that exotic looking chick has to be Lilandra, right?

This movie is gonna fade away into the sunset... After End Game it will be all but forgotten. Disney's evil plan. This movie will become an Urban Legend. It's the next Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie...:rotfl

Fox was trying to push it out before the merger is final. The Mouse will have none of that. Disney put the kibosh on any new trailer. :nono

Second trailer looks better than the first to me. I’m kind of liking what I’m seeing, but I’m still a bit mystified as to why they chose to make it so closely resemble X-Men 3. Originally I’d heard this version of the Dark Phoenix story was going to be closer to the comic book version. But this looks very similar to the X-Men 3 version, presumably without the cure subplot.

The only thing good s out the trailer was jean crushing the helmet. Other than that it looks stupid. But hey it looks better than apoc so they can end this beaten horse with a quick shot to the head.

Second trailer is better than the 1st but if Robert Meyer Burnett has heard from his sources its horrible and while he said he will watch it he has doubts it will be good then this movie has major issues. He like nearly every movie. :rotfl

Second trailer is better than the 1st but if Robert Meyer Burnett has heard from his sources its horrible and while he said he will watch it he has doubts it will be good then this movie has major issues. He like nearly every movie. :rotfl

:exactly::lecture:lol:lol:lol:lecture:exactly:

So true :lol

Man some of the chosen dialogue and delivery was really bad.

lol at Jean giving exposition to the audience and then they immediately show what she was describing :lol

Last edited:
:exactly::lecture:lol:lol:lol:lecture:exactly:

So true :lol

Man some of the chosen dialogue and delivery was really bad.

lol at Jean giving exposition to the audience and then they immediately show what she was describing :lol

I was basically going to say the same thing. And wtf happened to Mystique? Looks awful.

I’m just baffled that they think we should all be excited with this being an X3 remake and with all of those X1/2/3 visual callbacks like Magneto levitating all those guns or a convoy escape.

Holy rinse repeat lol

Last edited:
Man, she is an AWFUL actress. She's hard to watch even in Game Of Thrones. The casting decisions are so bad in so many of these Fox X movies. And why does it still feel like a movie that was made back in the late 90's? It looks so outdated.

Disney is letting it release simply because they know it's so bad that it'll make it's fans want it to end and be rebooted by Feige and become part of the MCU. :)

The Fox X-Men are dead....Long live the X-Men. :yess:

Back