Would you like to see Hot Toys expand in to Ships/vehicles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have already done 1/6 Batmobile which I guess falls in the vehicle category. I am not much of a ship model collector so won't matter if they do or no.

The black pearl from the pirates movies would be cool.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/txlXcJDtDwM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/txlXcJDtDwM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think it would be fantastic but I wouldn't be in the market for them like I am their figures. At prices closing in or at $200 a pop for one of their 1/6 figures the vehicles would be out of my price range.

I don't own any of their vehicles currently (dangit!) and I can't say I'm really hunting any of them with all the greatness that is coming. That said, I can say I would have to seriously ponder a Burton Batmobile. I don't think ANYTHING could be more epic than that!

I will say on a side note with the 1/6 scale things I want to see...I'm pretty interested in seeing what they do with the Iron Monger. I would also ABSOLUTELY be first in line for a 1/6 HULK. Those are two things I would be more interested in than probably vehicles because I'm guessing they would be cheaper overall than a vehicle and they would display easier.

Would it be cool? Yes. Would it be logical? Absolutely not. HT should just stick to what they are doing and doing fantastically.

really? just asking a question should get you banned?

I think HT could do a great jobs on spaceship replicas, even if it means breaking the 1/6 scale rule some people think they obey (which they don't, BTW). They've done a number of products that are not one sixth.

Master Replicas is gone and left a void in the film replica market. HT is one of the few companies that look capable of filling that void.

EFX is doing a pretty good job so far..no doubt since they all come from Master Replicas.

Would it be cool? Yes. Would it be logical? Absolutely not. HT should just stick to what they are doing and doing fantastically.

huh? what's "not logical" about it? :confused:

ht has already made a number of vehicles. they may have been made at a financial loss, but it's obvious they did it as a demonstration of creative/engineering muscle-flexing. and to broaden their portfolio. and by and large, those were pretty well-made vehicles. esp the batpod. i love mine.

btw, let's not forget the aliens powerloader. which was pretty good for its time.

personally, i with u guys who'd love these made:
- bttf delorean
- ghostbusters ecto-1
- blade runner spinner

:panic:

1/6 scale 1989 batmobile Hot Toys. Come on people, they do listen to us. Lets make enough noise so they can make a 89 Batmobile. That will be so awesome. Remember John Connor , we complained about the face and they redid it over so they do listen to their buyers.

Well that's one reason. :lol:lol:lol

haha, sorry, i edited and re-posted my post, so looks like it came out after yours.

well, that's still not an illogical move. many companies put out work that actually COSTS them money out of their own pocket, but the resultant benefits, although not monetary in nature, far outweigh the financial sacrifice. for example, in the ad industry (where i work), we regularly put out pro-bono work for clients who have a near-zero budget. sometimes, the agency forks out money from its own coffers to pay for things like photography, sets and locations, etc. in exchange, we are given permission to submit these works for awards shows. and when we do win the awards, the payoff (industry recognition, new business) is worth much more. so it's pretty much the same thing that ht is doing...

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these made by Hot Toys...

Aliens APC
aliens-apc.jpg

Blade Runner Police Spinner
br-spinner.jpg

Minority Report Lexus
minority_report_lexus.jpg

iRobot car
irobot3.jpg

Back