1/6 Would you buy Viceroy Nute Gunray & Rune Haako?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy Viceroy Nute Gunray & Rune Haako?

• Total voters
Yes, more Episode 1 garbage from HotToys, and no DeaTH STaR TRooPeR...

And we also need a poll: "Would you buy GraGra & Kitster Deluxe 2-pack" (Howard Chan Signature Edition)

And we also need a poll: "Would you buy GraGra & Kitster Deluxe 2-pack" (Howard Chan Signature Edition)

Yeesh, I had to look up who that was. Still, both GraGra and Kitster had more lines than any DeathStar Trooper lol

Kidding aside, say what you will, but Nute Gunray had more screen time than pretty much any other SW villain aside from Vader and the Emperor.

Thats my feeling as well. $65 or $75...sure, but not for $275 or more.

Totally. People keep saying they want [insert random character here] but the reality is at $250USD each those same people will go "pass" if it's announced. I absolutely love my cantina and other random aliens, but at Hot Toys prices I'm only biting on the absolute must have centrepieces (such as Greedo and Hammerhead) and not background nice to haves.

I still can’t believe we don’t have he Death Star trooper. Seriously wtf hot toys !

Yeah they were part of the original Kenner 12 figures. We are still waiting on...

death star trooper
C-3PO
Tusken raider

since there were Sand people In the Mandalorian, maybe they’ll finally released one of those. As for C-3PO, I wonder if they will ever release one.

I'd buy pretty much any character from ANH over the Prequels, but in spite of what many people think, this isn't an either-or situation. Hot Toys is not holding back on a Death Star Trooper because they've released a Darth Maul, it just doesn't work like that. The Death Star Trooper is being held back simply because of the whims of the owners. They just don't feel like doing it right now (if at all) and they also know characters like Qui-Gon and Maul will sell more units and they'll be able to charge more for those characters.

It also may boggle the minds of OT fans like myself, but figures like Commander Cody will generate more buzz and sell better than the ANH Sandtrooper. A figure that I don't think did that great and therefore will not get the other ranks released.

I'd buy pretty much any character from ANH over the Prequels, but in spite of what many people think, this isn't an either-or situation. Hot Toys is not holding back on a Death Star Trooper because they've released a Darth Maul, it just doesn't work like that. The Death Star Trooper is being held back simply because of the whims of the owners. They just don't feel like doing it right now (if at all) and they also know characters like Qui-Gon and Maul will sell more units and they'll be able to charge more for those characters.

It also may boggle the minds of OT fans like myself, but figures like Commander Cody will generate more buzz and sell better than the ANH Sandtrooper. A figure that I don't think did that great and therefore will not get the other ranks released.

I agree, what a lot of the purists/older generation /whatever you want to call it don't get is that the prequel trilogy is very popular, it's what so many kids and older kids grew up with and hot toys will try to sell what they think people want

Design wise, there’s a lot of cool stuff in the prequel trilogy. Even though much of the acting was flat, and there were plenty of other issues, I can see why prequel trilogy figures would sell. I grew up with the original trilogy, but I get why even the sequel trilogy figures sell, there are some designs every bit as cool as the original Star Wars designs, despite what we might think of the films. And Christopher Lee, I mean come on – he’s classic!

Yes because I always liked how they looked. Very interesting and unique. They would go well with the sideshow holo Sidious from a while back.

I'm an OT fan too, never watched Clone Wars or anything else that'd have Cody in it, but I'm still more interested in the Cody figure. It's got a fantastic looking headsculpt and all the weathering on the figure looks awesome. That's pretty much the biggest reason I collect HTs, the likenesses are so impressive. I'd like a Sandtrooper, I had been searching for one, but I didn't wanna pay retail so kept hoping to find a deal. That ship seems to have sailed though.

I found it interesting the Neimoidians were originally supposed to be the Geonosians (hence the battle droids looking like Geonosians). We may never have seen them in this form!

Back