Would you buy the Hulk/Banner set if you already had Hulk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk owners - would you buy the Hulk/Banner set if it had a new Hulk portrait?

• Yes, but I'd be pissed about it.

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Yes, and glad for it.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • No way - not worth it.

Votes: 67 45.9%
  • No, but I'd be pissed that they'd do it.

Votes: 43 29.5%

• Total voters
I'm biased since I'm a Hulk fan. However, I would have prefered a new Hulk HS with the 2-pack. That would have been perfect IMO.

I don't quite understand why people are so upset over this release. Banner will likely be released on his own for people who already have Hulk and only want him and for people who missed out on Hulk it's a good chance to pick him up. There doesn't seem to be any real disadvantage to people who bought Hulk already so I don't get why people act like Hot Toys are screwing them over or something. All you really get in this set you didn't get with the regular Hulk release is the base and girders.

If the price is fair, I'll be game on both. I own multiple hulks already but I'm a sucker for SS exclusives.

Bruce Banner is sold separately according to HT's hong kong store, so no problem for those who already own Hulk, you are not forced to buy the set in order to get Banner. No need to get upset IMO.

I have no room for banner. I'd only think about it if there was a lot more involved in the release, like a new head, and more transformation stuff for the banner sculpt.

Bruce Banner is sold separately according to HT's hong kong store, so no problem for those who already own Hulk, you are not forced to buy the set in order to get Banner. No need to get upset IMO.

Yes, I think HT handled it well.

However if they were the money grubbers that a lot of people accuse them of - they COULD have issued the 2 pack with an additional portrait for Hulk that would force us completists to purchase the set even if we had Hulk already. I know if I were them I would have been extremely tempted to do so.

Yes, I think HT handled it well.

However if they were the money grubbers that a lot of people accuse them of - they COULD have issued the 2 pack with an additional portrait for Hulk that would force us completists to purchase the set even if we had Hulk already. I know if I were them I would have been extremely tempted to do so.

:exactly: I mean if HT released this set with a new Hulk sculpt or some other real cool accessories, it just gonna make more people mad cause collectors will be too attracted by the set and "repeat" their Hulk collection. But now since this Hulk doesn't seem to differ much, original collectors can ease off and just skip it.

I'm not a huge fan of Ruffalo Banner. Nor his ugly brown suit purple shirt combo he wore in the movie. So i wouldn't want to get the combo either way.

I'm glad Hulk comes as a re-release, or else i'd be pissed (Option 4).

However, if it was a Norton Banner, with TIH Hulk head, i'd be totally down for the set.

I'd trade up the current Hulk to get a set if there was an extra Hulk head included. But as it is will only get the Banner. I see no need for the special base or girders. The head sculpt is okay on Banner but the body looks over stuffed for some reason. I'm thinking the proto might have been quickly thrown together and isn't final. It's a bit peeving that HT didn't offer this option at the original Hulk release, but not surprising.

I'd have gone for the new set for a badass new sculpt. Even if they did a new portrait, I'd hoped it would have come with the 2pak and Banner single.

Im fine with either way. I love the first Hulk, so another head doesnt really matter to me. The first Hulk is awesome! If they made a new head and I had the money, I'd get it. But im 100% perfectly happy with Hulk 1 and don't need any kind of upgrade for it. Not until Avengers 2.

And Im psyched about Banner!! really wanted him after seeing the movie for the first time back then as I thought Raffalo was great! And he doesn't need to be a figure with a lot of extra accessories. Really just need Banner as-is with some little tweaks that need to be made making his head a little less round. But I see a lot of Raffalo in it, especially the eyes and mouth.

I dont have the first hulk but I will pass these figures. Do not get me wrong, I love hulk since I was a kid but HT is too much. What is up HT? HT is becoming one mass production regular toys which we can buy anywhere especially in one stop building store, except you gotta PO this for better price.
I am quite disappointed with what HT did these days especially on Midas and now this? Especially the base.....EXCLUSIVE from BD MK7.....so ridiculous. I will not be bothered by the Batman 1/4 steeling parts but the diorama?
Also in Midas....limited exclusive and whatever......

I just bought this from goHastings a week ago :(. Although I am glad that I got him for retail have I known this is coming out I would've waited since it looks like it's a better deal. (depending on the price).

I have Hulk and am pissed about the 2 pack. However, I am considering buying it so I can have a loose Hulk. But if I don't end up getting it, I will buy the package off Ebay.

Back