Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

• YES

Votes: 85 78.7%
  • NO

Votes: 23 21.3%

• Total voters
I don't think there's really any other option but doing them as vinyl figures. As long as they weren't overly expensive, I'd probably buy them, even though I already have the Gentle Giant statue along with their Jabba setup.

Yes, i reckoned that if sideshow does make the original 3 even in SE likeness they would have tobe solid with cloth added would be nice.

Yes. I dunno anything about materials to make it. Just as long as it looks good, I would buy it. Just picked up a Jabba w/Throne of eBay, and am dying for it to come in the mail.

I would imagine if Han does well (and of course it will, hehe) This would be made eventually.

I voted yes.

I love this Jabba 1/6 throne room that can be constantly added to.

I don't think there's really any other option but doing them as vinyl figures. As long as they weren't overly expensive, I'd probably buy them, even though I already have the Gentle Giant statue along with their Jabba setup.

That's why I'm polling the production material question, because I don't see any other way either and a vote for getting them in this material is support for getting them at all.

Glad to see there is support for the idea, I really hope they're done some day.

Yes if classic 1983 style.

No if Special Edition-only characters.

No. Have no desire to collect these characters in any form.

The apocalypse is upon us! I actually agree with the King! (just teasin' sir...)

But seriously...I have crowded displays of Hasbro figures depicting different scenes that I change around, and I just can't see doing that in 1:6 scale...

I think the SS Jabba set-up looks good with the focus on Jabba and his throne. I'll consider the Han/Carbo set-up if it's not too expensive and overwhleming for that...but, I don't really like the design of the Rebo band...never have. Even back in the day when ROTJ was new, they kinda struck me as a lame effort to one-up the Cantina band in ANH (excuse me, that was just STAR WARS back then :lol)...and the design of all of 'em looked a little muppety-silly for me. The Jabba scenes were always the coolest in that film and there was that whacked-out band almost fortelling Jar Jar Binks in their execution...but speaking of execution, if Jabba had pitched them in the Rancor pit...that would've been cool.

But I digress...I'm with King here...I've no interest in seeing these guys rendered in sixth-scale...regardless of the material used....but to each their own.

PassLogo.jpg

I would be down for some of the palace denizens to be made this way, like Amanaman or Hermie Odle, but I just don't want these characters and the amount of space they would occupy.

These are the only ones I would want:

gg_rebo_band.jpg

Interesting, since I wasn't getting the GG stuff I didn't pay much attention, but LFL actually approved the 1983 designs for their band set. Hmmm, maybe they'd do the same for Sideshow, be a kick in the nuts if SSC couldn't and GG could.

My question is, would people by the trio if they were done as sculpted, rotocast figures, maybe some mixed media for clothing, but the bodies would be vinyl like a MEZCO figure.

If Sideshow practise this more regularly, much like the way they make Jabba, we did be seeing the likes of Watto or Sebulba, creatures coming in odd shapes and sizes. That would be most welcome.:lol

Last edited:
Back