Statue Would you buy a NECA 1/4 P2 Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like NECA to make a 1/4 scale Predator 2?

• Yes please

Votes: 232 80.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
i´d take a masked P2 in a heartbeat, im pretty happy with my closed mouth version and gort so this would be a no brainer for me.

Only if they fix the child bearing hips and poor articulation. Like they did with the smaller neca figures

OK so how many who signed this would still buy a 1/4 NECA P2 after the HT 1/4 announcement?

I would, as I want to own this particular sculpt in large scale.

Last edited:
OK so how many who signed this would still buy a 1/4 NECA P2 after the HT 1/4 announcement?

I'm still in. I highly doubt I will be buying any HT 1/4 scale figure. They're just going to be out of my price range. Even if they were I'd still be in tho. NECA's got the most accurate sculpt for preds right now.

I'd still get one if the lazy crybabies make it before HT...also need to use real fabric netting and NO more seam lines, up the price 20$-30$ and that shouldn't be a problem..

I'm still in. I highly doubt I will be buying any HT 1/4 scale figure. They're just going to be out of my price range. Even if they were I'd still be in tho. NECA's got the most accurate sculpt for preds right now.

My thinking also. It depends on timing aswell. I'll buy HT 1/4s if, as it happens, I financially can when they come out. However theres so much other stuff I can easily see releases overlapping eachother and me having to make decisions of buying one thing instead of another. That said though, NECA 1/4 Predators would fill the void and as you mentioned they have on their side the accuracy of their sculpts. Paint isn't too shabby at that scale either.

I'd still get one if the lazy crybabies make it before HT...also need to use real fabric netting and NO more seam lines, up the price 20$-30$ and that shouldn't be a problem..

So you and Greygoose reckon NECA getting theirs out before HT is key. I'd agree. Not that you wouldn't see some people selling theirs once the HT versions came out but a lot of people might still be tempted into buying them in the meantime and those are the sales that would count for NECA. I agree on the netting and seam lines - I have no major issues with the netting on my P1s but if it can be improved why not and definitely try and do away with the seam lines. That was a disappointment on the masked P1, it damaged that figure's cred a bit if you're normally a high-end collector. Lastly I'd hope for no more errors such as the visor gap on the P1.

Definitely though, I'm still in.

So you and Greygoose reckon NECA getting theirs out before HT is key. I'd agree. Not that you wouldn't see some people selling theirs once the HT versions came out but a lot of people might still be tempted into buying them in the meantime and those are the sales that would count for NECA. I agree on the netting and seam lines - I have no major issues with the netting on my P1s but if it can be improved why not and definitely try and do away with the seam lines. That was a disappointment on the masked P1, it damaged that figure's cred a bit if you're normally a high-end collector. Lastly I'd hope for no more errors such as the visor gap on the P1.

All they have to do is fill the Predator gap between Hot Toys releases. If someone can pay out for a HT Predator 2/3/4 times a year they can find money to buy a NECA 1/4 Predator to fill in that gap. Their first 1/4 Predator did exactly this. Makes sense right?

I agree on the netting and seam lines - I have no major issues with the netting on my P1s but if it can be improved why not and definitely try and do away with the seam lines. That was a disappointment on the masked P1, it damaged that figure's cred a bit if you're normally a high-end collector. Lastly I'd hope for no more errors such as the visor gap on the P1.

I have no netting issues with mine either besides one small tear that may have been there before I opened him.

I would just feel so much better paying an extra 10$-20$ for real fabric netting..it would look 100x better, and there would be little to no tearing complaints.

As for the seam..it's the biggest reason I didn't purchase the masked version. Everytime I see a picture of the masked version I cry a little, it is truly beautiful..damn seam.

I have no netting issues with mine either besides one small tear that may have been there before I opened him.

I would just feel so much better paying an extra 10$-20$ for real fabric netting..it would look 100x better, and there would be little to no tearing complaints.

As for the seam..it's the biggest reason I didn't purchase the masked version. Everytime I see a picture of the masked version I cry a little, it is truly beautiful..damn seam.

You must be talking about the coronal suture. Yeah, that is a bad seam. :(
The visor gap I think was overlooked. Before the figure's release I recall tankman having a figure that had a perfect visor.

A P2 Elder might be more likely for now, seeing as they love opportunities to re-use molds.
Honestly though, after HT's recent announcement, NECA's really losing its grasp on me. The sculpts are gorgeous, but I'm sure if I get ahold of a 1/4 HT P1, the paint apps and gadgets on that thing will more than make up for whatever inaccuracies the sculpt has (plus it'll have a base, which is always welcome).

I really do dig NECA's work from an artistic standpoint, but their business practices are just plain weird sometimes. Not to mention the shoddy QC; typically an in-box breakage or slop would be rare, but it seems to be commonplace with them. If anything, the near-perfect figures are the odd ones out.

I would buy one, specially because Hot Toys version probably is going to cost like $399

Back