Would you accept Immortality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to become Immortal

• Total voters
nope.
Thats like saying I want to play Pong forever. Personally Im interested in moving forward to the next level.... :monkey1...

Absolutely. Not because of fear of dying but for believing that life is worth living.........forever.

It would depend on how you would be immortal. If it was like Wolverine or some other immortal who could regenerate or not be killed, that's one thing, but to live like, say, a vampire who has to kill or could possibly be closed up in a box forever, well, no one would want that!

the good thing about being a vampire is that you could die. So you wouldn't have to worry about stuff like the world ending or something.

I think being immortal like a vampire is immortal would be the best way.

What happens to vampires if they don't drink blood?

the good thing about being a vampire is that you could die. So you wouldn't have to worry about stuff like the world ending or something.

I think being immortal like a vampire is immortal would be the best way.

What happens to vampires if they don't drink blood?

:dunno

they become less immortal. Or very grumpy. :rotfl

And the bad thing about being a vampire is that you're already dead.

I've always found that a bit...incorrect. They don't seem 'dead' by any definition of the word or according to any attributes of being dead. They can get erections and have sex with schoolgirls for one thing (Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Twilight)

:dunno

they become less immortal. Or very grumpy. :rotfl

Do vampires ever die from not drinking blood in any story?
I know they either go to sleep, or go mad in some stories. But I don't know what else can happen to them...

I've always found that a bit...incorrect. They don't seem 'dead' by any definition of the word or according to any attributes of being dead. They can get erections and have sex with schoolgirls for one thing (Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Twilight)

True Blood :lol a show with very racy scenes and lost of nudity :naughty

Henry Hamilton: "You are right. But the day comes when you've had enough. Your mind can be spent, even if your body's not. We want to die. We need to."

I watched In Time yesterday, maybe that's why :lol

But seriously, I really wouldn't want to be immortal ever. I mean, for what? Too much misery mate, wouldn't want to see it forever. At the most, I'd really want to have a healthy old age (if I live to be that old) and go in my sleep :)
Well, ok. If immortality and the future is awesome, I'll travel back in time to tell ya! :hi5:

I would totally be immortal, providing there are conditions:
1.) I can die whenever I want to
2.) I can't be killed
3.) I remain young (perhaps, 28) for the duration of my immortality
4.) The world doesn't end
5.) It doesn't void my entry into the afterlife/send me to the naughty place
6.) I'm wealthy; incredibly so.
7.) I can't be harmed in any way.

If that's what Immortality is like, then sign me up!
Yeah, that covers almost everything. Sign me up too.

Do vampires ever die from not drinking blood in any story?
I know they either go to sleep, or go mad in some stories. But I don't know what else can happen to them...
They go on to star in Twilight movies :pfft: :stake

Well, ok. If immortality and the future is awesome, I'll travel back in time to tell ya! :hi5:

Yeah, that covers almost everything. Sign me up too.

They go on to star in Twilight movies :pfft: :stake

The funny thing about that is that the sun doesn't hurt them, they can be daywalkers,
so technically they are stronger than other vampires :lol

(they can survive on animal blood too, so they don't need to kill people)

You can make up all kinds of crazy stuff when you're appealing to a demographic who'll believe anything if it means the guy they're not supposed to want is trying to get in their pants. (Undead? Yuck. Wait, can he still get it up? And he wants me for his eternal bride? Swoon.)

This whole topic always cracks me up because people seriously have no concept of what it means to live "forever". This isn't the first place I've seen it brought up (even seen it discussed in real life) and it's always the same: short sighted. People list all kinds of things they'd do, adventures they'd have, etc. which is proof they have no clue.

Simply put, if you were immortal and lived forever you would eventually see all life on this planet die. You would see our sun burn out and our entire galaxy destroyed. You would see ALL life and EVERY star/galaxy in the universe destroyed. Then.. maybe.. you would see it all begin again.

This, after eons of just you and nothingness. And then guess what? You'd live long enough to see it all destroyed again.

But by then you'd be so F'n bonkers it wouldn't even matter. :lol

Forgetting vampires for a moment, has anyone mentioned or thought of space exploration? Most likely not within my lifetime, but at some point humans will head out into the solar system in a serious way. If not for curiosities sake, for resources as they become more scarce. Just because you're "immortal" doesn't necessarily mean you'll be forever trapped on Earth going bonkers watching everything around you fade away.

Medical science is always improving, and people are living longer.
Life will always have ups and downs, immortal or not.

Forgetting vampires for a moment, has anyone mentioned or thought of space exploration? Most likely not within my lifetime, but at some point humans will head out into the solar system in a serious way.

I mentioned it. I'd love to see us colonising other planets. One of my regrets about having been born when I was is that I'm not gonna be around for it. I know they're talking about a one-way manned mission to Mars at the moment but...I dunno...is that really gonna go ahead?

I mentioned it. I'd love to see us colonising other planets. One of my regrets about having been born when I was is that I'm not gonna be around for it. I know they're talking about a one-way manned mission to Mars at the moment but...I dunno...is that really gonna go ahead?

I think Mars with be talked about until we actually go, other then the Moon I think it's inevitable. Last major undertaking I heard about was capturing an asteroid and towing it to lunar orbit.

Space exploration would be reason enough for me to say yes to immortality. Biggest setbacks would money of course, ideology second.

This whole topic always cracks me up because people seriously have no concept of what it means to live "forever". This isn't the first place I've seen it brought up (even seen it discussed in real life) and it's always the same: short sighted. People list all kinds of things they'd do, adventures they'd have, etc. which is proof they have no clue.

Simply put, if you were immortal and lived forever you would eventually see all life on this planet die. You would see our sun burn out and our entire galaxy destroyed. You would see ALL life and EVERY star/galaxy in the universe destroyed. Then.. maybe.. you would see it all begin again.

This, after eons of just you and nothingness. And then guess what? You'd live long enough to see it all destroyed again.

But by then you'd be so F'n bonkers it wouldn't even matter. :lol

That maybe true but it is millions of years away,you could live happily for quete a while before anything like that happens.so the trade off will probly be worth it.even now you probly are gonna watch some of your family and friends die,there is no garentee that you are gonna die first,but you choose to live,wouldn't that be esentially the same thing as choosing to live forever?yea bad things mitght happen but a lot of good things might happen as well.

Back