Would you accept Immortality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to become Immortal

• Total voters
Hell yeah. That way I could live on forever and research on time travel and immortality so I could come back in time and make my loved ones immortal too. Also, I'd be around to try HT's new fully-functional and mission capable Iron Man suit.

:lol

Best of both worlds.

BTW, it should be 'absolutely' :wink1: :peace

:slap

Immortality sounds awesome until you really try to wrap your head around it. Could you imagine living for a million years, or a billion? That concept is equally as frightening as death to me.

:goodpost:

The idea is awesome live to see the future ect... but with everyone dying off around you it'd be maddening over time.

Might depend on the person, i have roots and like my security and family., whereas one of my friends is always moving and never settles long, i'd say he'd enjoy immortality more than i would.

I would like to say yes because I am really wanting to see what the future holds for technology. I want to say yes only if I can still choose to die at some point. And i say yes only if I can be roughly the age I am now. Not an old bitty with a walker.

I say no because life is long.... life is tough, rest sounds nice.

Some times I feel I may already be immortal, come so close to death one too many time and some thing snatches me from the hands of death at the last second. Happened to me again just this past Friday. Car missed me by inches going 50 miles on a 25 mile an hour street just before midnight as I was about to run across the street. For some reason I suddenly had second thoughts about running across as I slightly leaned forward about to run across and the car sped pass me. Scared the hell out of my boss and co-worker. I just look at them and thought, "again." Guess I'm meant to stay here till the end. No easy way out, lol.

Can you imagine how incredibly empty immortality would be, under the current conditions of human existence?

Droll coworkers, spitefull managers, bitter subordinates. Petulant children, crappy neighbors, boring spouses, crazy relatives......

LOL. I'll pass and take my afterlife with Christ instead.

Can you imagine how incredibly empty immortality would be, under the current conditions of human existence?

Droll coworkers, spitefull managers, bitter subordinates. Petulant children, crappy neighbors, boring spouses, crazy relatives......

I'd rather that than be dead and not experiencing anything at all ever again.

edit - ah, just saw your edit..I'm not someone of faith.

Ideally my family would also be immortal. If that could be the case then yes, of course. Who wouldn't wanna still be around when we're colonising other planets.

If I'm going to be the only one though and everyone I love is going to die around me, not so easy then.

Just think about it you get yourself a new 20 yr old every so often

I'd take it, but pending metabolism. If I had to eternally go to the efforts of keeping a 30ish body in shape, I'd have to think about it.

But with a teenage/20ish metabolism and/or healing factor? Hell yeah. Actually, I'd definitely need the healing factor. Otherwise my diet of Grape Laffy Taffy and Yoo Hoo would kill my teeth. Just like in real life.

Lets go with devilof's idea then. The option of death at a time of your choosing is open. That does seem like the ideal scenario to me.

That's not immortality though. If the question becomes would I accept the ability to live as long as I want to, then my answer would be yes, absolutely.

Not immortality, but. . .Sting once said he took a drug where it felt like he lived something like 10 years in a horrifying dreamscape in the span of a couple of hours real time. That's one way to try and prolong existence. Or be like the guy in Catch-22, who, realizing that time went by more slowly when you are bored or miserable, made himself as miserable as possible at all times.

Sounds to me like becoming a vampire would be the best thing to do (best of both worlds)

You become immortal.
You get to turn people immortal if you want to (family, friends etc)
You can die if you want to (sunlight)

from what I am reading here, sounds like becoming a vampire would be the best way to go about this whole immortality thing. You get to live for a long time but there is always that risk that you could die.

Would be neat to see if they could invent time travel or some such form of speedy travel. Would NOT like to see my kids and my kids kinds go and so on and so on.

This just came across my Facebook page. Kinda fitting....

601162_591644784208748_1818729943_n.jpg

I don't know if I'd want immortality as much as I would like to have the chance to live my life over or to live another life with the knowledge I have now. I have too many regrets with this life.

Back