Worst Sideshow EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CF79

Super Freak
Reaction score
What's your least favorite/most worthless Sideshow EX accessory? In my opinion it's the EX on the 2014/2015 Modern Thor PF aka the Odin Sword. I can't think of ANYONE who would rather have Thor wielding a sword over Mjolnir. And to add insult to injury they could have included a second left hand holding the hammer so the right could hold the sword.... but no. Complete waste of space.

I am SO glad you've asked this question as it's bothered me for years!

In my humble opinion, the WORST EX in the history of Sideshow is the EX on the Premium Format Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It is...wait for it...Indiana Jones' portrait WITHOUT his hat!!! Who wants that? He's known for his hat! That's like Superman without his cape!!! He could have had a swap-out arm holding a pistol or a torch, or ANYTHING else! Lamest EX ever produced.

My second choice for worst EX is that lame shield they gave their 1/6 comic-inspired Captain America. No swap-out headsculpt of Steve Rogers. Just a cheap, plastic shield that looks like it was made by Hasbro.

I'm done now. Breathe...Breathe...

Hmmm, the two examples you guys listed are both quite bad lol. I'm really not a fan of any piece that has an art print as the EX but there are people who love those. I also don't like the Ironman Mark VI EX of just getting a nameplate that says Ironman II on it.

vision_marvel_gallery_5c4bd798aa549.jpg

Best. Ex. Ever.

Classic Punisher PF knife.

I guess the definition of worst depends on what you want an exclusive to be. If you want an exclusive to be a must-have to the point the statue is worthless without it, things like nameplates would be terrible exclusives. If you want it to be something nice to have but not something that anyone would normally display over the standard option, then something like a change of head could be a terrible choice. Some want the exclusives to be bad so they can shop locally or from other vendors so a ‘lame’ exclusive could actually be a good choice to them.

1. Mystique "X-23" arm
2. Original Cyclops EX head literally looked like one of my 5th graders sculpted it
3. not Marvel, but the Machiko Predator EX "ceremonial knife" was absolutely stupid and had no connection to the character, books or comics
4. 2nd Doom PF "ray gun"
5. Any art prints, especially the original Venom comiquette. Who the hell thought we would rather have an art print than a McFarlane sculpt?

I disagree with the Mystique EX x-23 arm

That?s pretty dope

The original skull belt was lame though

I agree that Visions melting face EX was lame

Cyclops alternate portrait was bad

Black Cat?s jewel bag was lame

Same with the 1st Catwoman PFs EX

Black Widow's knife was pretty bad.

For me:
- Art prints
- Any time Batman has one hand holding batarang(s)
- Catwoman's bag of gems
- Rey's Rebel pilot helmet

Black Canary's poster probably takes the cake though.

Black Widow's knife was pretty bad.

For me:
- Art prints
- Any time Batman has one hand holding batarang(s)
- Catwoman's bag of gems
- Rey's Rebel pilot helmet

Black Canary's poster probably takes the cake though.
Can't forget about Zatanna's rabbit. But I think you're right about that poster on the Black Canary PF ... it was worthless.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

vision_marvel_gallery_5c4bd798aa549.jpg

Best. Ex. Ever.

This is immediately what came to mind for me as well. Just laughable, and why waste so much talent into such a small portion of this character's history, when they could have easily chosen a phashing hand, or limb perhaps (which would be easier to sculpt, paint etc) is beyond me. Almost like they purposely challenged themselves to come up with the most awful exclusive, and challenge themselves to see how many they could sell.

Back