World of Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...that's....underwhelming, I guess...

Well, at least it's not something that'll cost me any money. Personally, though, I don't think this warranted the hype. Something like Harry Potter, Pirates, Indiana Jones...all those would've been a stellar announcement.

This...eh...nothing spectacular.

I am happy for those collectors who are fans of WoW and will gladly drop the cash on these items. It's nice to see such variety.

I just don't think this was worth the hype. I can't help but think "Yeah, so what's the big deal? This couldn't be announced in a newsletter???"

Kudos for those interested but yea, I don't think it was worth the build up. Harry Potter or Pirates, that I can see as they are HUGE licenses but for WoW I think there are valid points. Most gamers would rather pump $200 into their computer to play the game smoother than pay $200 for a PF. I think WoW subscription is $15 a month. That's about $180 a year just to play the game. I dunno.. call me skeptical but I hope this does work out for SS and I hope January 1 brings another license annoucement.

:eek: I am starting to question SS for thinking this really is a good idea. Do they think that WOW fans are going to be spending $$$ on statues, toys, etc..? Most of the audience is young kids and the rest of the audience could probably care less. These are destined for the discount bin. Didn't Warcraft and Everquest figures rot on the shelves the last time? What makes them think it's a good idea this time!!!??? They couldn't have possibly named a lamer license than this...they couldn't. I almost wished it were bobble heads so I could at least laugh about it....oh well...Hey...is it April 1st or something...

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Brad

NEVER would have guessed that. I have no intrest at all in WoW, but congrats to those WoW fans out there. I know Dave must be happy.

wel of course World of Warcraft is a financially good decision.
People who play warcraft pay over $30 a month to play it and sideshow brings in online customers , and any computer gamer will pick up a couple statues and figures to help themself out :D

I played the original warcraft game before so I know how fun that game is but haven't tried the newest WOW.

Not a bad choice for the license, I wish they would've chose some other, "real world " characters ...

Wow, kind of supprised at all the bad mouth reactions people are having. I have never played WOW so I won't be getting them but why rip the company or the people who play the game? They obviously think there is a market for these so let them make them and if you don't like it who cares... just don't buy them. Not like its taking anything away from you.

have no interest in WoW.
But if the creatures are cool enough and they have removable nameplates, I might could pick up a PF or 2.

I don't see this line taking off. I'm sure it will be cool, but I doubt gamers will be along for the ride. I think its 2 different markets.

Blizzard demands a lot of money for this license. It's part of the reason why SOTA dropped it. In my opinion, this Sideshow line will flop too, even moreso because the target market is comprised of addicts who probably doesn't give a crap about toys, much less high-end ones. Sideshow can't count on general SSC fans to carry the line either.

A general Nintendo line, on the other hand, would have fared much better.

one of the main reasons I dont knock the license at all, is because its become so popular that a big-budget movie is probably on the horizon.

SHould that happen, it would seem like a very good license to have

Yeah, if WoW is going Hollywood, then that changes everything. I still don't see it as a long term property like SW, LOTR and Marvel.

The concept is interesting but if they want it to have any longevity at all they better make these pieces very limited. That might help sell to non-gamers. Those are the ones who will be able to support the line without stealing their parents credit card or saving their lunch money for a year to buy a piece.

Not a bad decision on Sideshow's part. There are 7 million plus WoW players. So, hypothetically speaking, if just .5% of them bought a statue from this line that would be 35000 people buying a $200 statue. Good money for SS and something else for you fine folks to gripe about: large edition size.:monkey5

Not my thing, even if they look "cool". However, if there are 1/6th scale figures made I might be interested in getting some armor from loose parts dealers.

Yet after seeing how Sideshow has avoided making almost any 1/6th Lord of the Rings or Star Wars figures that have armor (the lines should be called "Star Robes" and "Lord of the Robes") I don't have much faith that it'll happen.

I'm happy for WarCraft fans. I'm happy for me because it will give me more of a chance to save my money for one of those elusive LotR figures that I haven't been able to afford.

OMG...People are already calling the line a flop...how the hell can anyone here assume anything until we see what they have to offer or even how long it will take to sell out on their first piece. It's starting to sound like the talkback on AICN here. I'm assuming we are all collectors here and enjoy fantasy related movies and products....How can you not be just a tini...tiny...bit interested in what may be coming.

I'll make a prediction now that this line will rock and people will change thier tune once the first product is revealed. I don't play WoW but have seen some of the characters and would be blown away to see some of them realized. What the hell....who wouldn't want a huge Goblin King, Dwarf, or Snagglepuss Monster...the last one I made up but wouldn't be surprised if it was in the game :D

I dig this line! I am glad Sideshow didn't get a regular movie license. With this line, they'll attrack a larger demographic of collectors, who've never before been exposed to sideshow. Plus, I just started playing WoW and it is amazing. I'd love to see some PFs for this line. I can't believe people haven't even seen what sideshow will produce or even a response from any sideshow members and yet are ready to call this line a flop and the people who enjoy WoW, dorks.

This one's not for me, but with all the stuff I already have on my collecting plate, I can't say I'm disappointed.

Well, we can't make everyone happy. Unless, of course, we got a license to a movie called Indiana Blade Runner and the DC Underworld of Kill Bill 2: DeadMan's Black Pearl. ;)

Back