World of Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see what they announce for the new year, I hope something for older collectors, world of warcraft is cool for the young collectors:dunno

Collecter freak,think of what we collect, i think a lot of people would think that were all dorks for what we collect, I guess i'm a urban dork, with cool sh&t.

there is always an opposing side to every new announcement so....

...anyway...with Blizzard license attached to Sideshow...perhaps Diablo or Starcraft is in the works as well?

nothing with WoW, not everyone collects marvel stuff i know i dont, but you dont here me moaning how many of the same statue there are, and why they keep making them because there are millions, of collectors out there and ALL collect differnt things, some you think damn thats awsome and others you think dear god what the hell is that, there are some great looking characters that would make sick ass statues, but everyone is to there own likeing.

I didn't realise 10 year old l33t speakers were a key demographic for collectibles

You're absolutely right, only 10 year old dorks play World of Warcraft. They're the same ones reading comic books with flying superheroes, or watching animated star wars cartoons, or..... :rolleyes:

personally I'll take a Warcraft license over Marvel any day. But obviously they will reach other people with this.
And if anyone should be allowed to make collectibles of this universe it should be sideshow. Just take your time to explore the history of the warcraft universe, check out the endless concept art. We're getting some killer statues for sure.

urbanfreddy said:
I hope something for older collectors, world of warcraft is cool for the young collectors:dunno

that's exactly what I was thinking. About 90% of the WOW community is probably too young to even spend the kind of money on the collectibles that Sideshow will make with this license. My bro is 11 and he's hooked on WOW, can he afford a $200 statue or even a $65 figure? Hell no!

Doomhammer said:
You're absolutely right, only 10 year old dorks play World of Warcraft. They're the same ones reading comic books with flying superheroes, or watching animated star wars cartoons, or..... :rolleyes:

The big difference is those comics have been around for 40-50 years and Star Wars has been around for 40 years - both of which mean the original fan base are adult collectors. WOW hasn't. I'm not sure that there is a huge crossover between gamers and collectors - most of the guys I play online with don't get the whole collecting figures things - they do think they are cool but they wouldn't spend money on them. Certainly not the kind of dollars you are talking with for a SSC product. Their dollars are too busy being pumped into the hardware or games.

LordAzrael said:
The big difference is those comics have been around for 40-50 years and Star Wars has been around for 40 years - both of which mean the original fan base are adult collectors. WOW hasn't.

True, but my point is that all things fantasy/sci-fi will basically be conceived as pretty childish by a lot of people (if not most for some things) but it doesn't mean that the fanbase consists of 10 year olds. There's always those adults and young adults who will embrace the fairy tale feeling, wether it be happy elves, battle raging space marines or superpower worldsavers. And not only because of nostalgia, but because it's fun to be a kid every once in a while.

As for the potential succes of this line, it will be all marketting. Of the millions of players there just has to be a fair segment dedicated enough to want highend collectibles that have Blizzard's stamp of aproval (which sort of means a lot in the gaming world). But yeah, they'll have to try and get to a wider public with this one (like they should have with the 1/4 military line :p). I'd say if they spread this across the WoW community well enough they will be selling at least reasonable.

but for the love of God, NOOO bobbleheads please!

Last edited:
Being a long time gamer, roughly 30 years now, I can think of better licenses to work on but at the same time this one does have some interesting possibilities when it comes to creatures. Personally I would have prefered Halo, Half-Life,Doom or Bioware's D&D line.

Nothing for me this new license is. But I like Blizzard (LOD) and I like Sideshow, so why not WoW? I bet there's a lot of potential costumers, but Just like Nash, I wonder if there's enough cash in their wallets. Perhaps the products of this license will be less expensive? I'm sure Sideshow has it all figured out: they know how many WoW gamers there are (more or less), and if 'x' of them buy just 1 figure, the license is a success. But will these WoW fans also buy the other SSC stuff? Not sure.

Anyway, It's all good with me, hope this new license is a blast for SSC, mean time, I keep hoping for a Blade Runner announcement in 2007.

Merry Christmas all.

Darth_Thorpe said:
lol i dont know thats what im hoping for lmao :lol

merry christmas darth...i gotta go..i got a 5 mile walk to get my dinner:eek:

and im already late..later bruv..:D

Nightwings said:
Bioware's D&D line.

I'd love some Forgotten Realms figures.... or some Dragonlance ones based on the upcoming animated film.

Just nothing from the D&D movie or its crappy sequel. Even a hardcore rper like me couldn't stand it.

Who'd be up for an Alias (of Azure Bonds) figure ;)

doh.gif

First off....Merry Christmas....second...even though I'm still bitter about the lottery I think WoW could be very cool and will wait to pass judgement until we see what they have in mind. I've never played WoW myself but could see the potential in badass characters. Plus, if a movie adaptation by a famous director is done the game could grow even more in popularity. I myself was introduced to Sideshow with the start of the LOTR Weta line. Maybe with the millions of fans WoW has it will bring a whole new fanbase of people to Sideshow. No offense to Indiana Jones because I also want a PF, but after him, his father, and some villians the line doesn't have the depth like WoW potentially has. I'm actually surprised at the reaction on this board, I though many would like to see what they're going to do. :rolleyes:

Back