Work in progress - Medieval Kurgan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YANOULI

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is what i'm currently working on:
Medieval Kurgan in 1/9 (8") and 1/6 (12") scales.

Head is a 1/6 (ish) custom Kurgan head that i bought on ebay a couple of years or so ago, with an enlarged helmet from the Neca 7" Medieval Kurgan figure.
Once the 1/6 scale stuff is done i'll shrink them down to 1/9 scale, as it's easier to do it that way round.

As you can see, there's a lot of sanding and filling in still needed to be done but i think it looks good so far

Last edited:
We'll be watching your career with great interest................:wink1:

latest progress - Medieval Kurgan

Comparison shot of enlarged torso ( middle ) against Neca original ( right ) and 1/6 armour ( left ). Still needs enlarging to get to to 1/6 scale.

Last edited:
I've been a bit distracted the last few days, so haven't done alot of work on the armour.

The torso that i was enlarging exploded in the water and 2 more attempts ended the same way.
I've got just enough hydrospan for one more try.

I had been having a few doubts about the size of the head ( i thought it was a bit on the small side ), so i thought i'd compare it to the Sideshow head.

I made a hollow casting of the Sideshow sculpt and cut it up to fit a bad helmet cast.

Last edited:
Looking awesome Ian,
Will you be producing a few of these after completion,i'd love to buy a couple :)

Kindest regards
Mark

I'm sure i could cast up a couple of extras for anyone who's interested.

I will be using the sculpt on the left but i could make a casting of the helmeted Sideshow head if anyone prefers that version.

Last edited:
That one head (the non-SS head) looks like the Kurgan head from Hero Heads. He also has Connor's head too. I've bought several heads from there and never been disappointed. At 10 bucks a pop, it makes a cheapskate like moi haaaaaaappy.

It looks very similar to that one.
I bought mine on ebay from a seller called TK570, along with the Connor and a T1 Arnie.

Anyway, latest update on the armour.

I moulded the Neca armoured torso in 1/6 and 1/9 and made a hollow cast of the 1/9 scale torso:

Unfortunately the 1/6 torso started coming apart in the water again, so i had to mould it to limit damage.

I will have to make a casting and sculpt the missing details and repair the damage so i can make a new mould

Last edited:
Thanks.

I'd thought you'd like to see these progress pic's of the 1/9 (8") figure:

I've just held the armour together with clear tape and did a rough paint up to see how it would look when done.
I still need to get the right boots and a few other bits.

The 1/6 version should look much the same, if not better, as i will be using the same head and armour.

Back