Woo-Hoo!!!! I've just got back from IKEA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, iv got a detolf as well, what lights do you use to put in the top? i know ikea do some of there own, but im just not sure which, and dont want to get it wrong as they only give a 70% refund on any items?

'm in th UK so i don't know if it's different. They do a set of lights called NON. Also they do a stainless steel version, but I'm not sure if they're still called NON or if they're a different name altogether, but they basically look the same and (over here at least) come in a pack of 5. great looking lights, and cheap

big al said:
hey guys, iv got a detolf as well, what lights do you use to put in the top? i know ikea do some of there own, but im just not sure which, and dont want to get it wrong as they only give a 70% refund on any items?
There's many different ways to light the detolf.

The one NON ($7) at the top is what Ikea displays and it does work well if you only have a few items in the case.

I used a LED set TJUGOFYRA ($35) that have 4 - 2" round lights that are only 1/4" think and you stick them on the bottom of each shelf and I love it!!

There's also another LED set that cost $50 and they are strips of LEDs called TRETTIOEN that you put on the top back of the shelves.

I got a Detolf for christmas and already put it together...my question to you guys:

The one I got didn't include the interior light....can you buy that seperatly?

abstractharmony said:
Now THAT's what I call a present.

Great thinking for whoever bought it for you. Did it come wrapped up? I sure hope the box didn't fit in your stocking.

I know, I love my family (my buddy told my family that I wanted one). It was a HUGE wrapping and I was wondering the whole night what it was, and WHAT a present it was. :chew :chew

I've already got 1 Detolf and for Christmas I got the cash towards another so I'll be paying a visit to the IKEA that's 5-10 minutes away from my home in the next few days. They are perfect for displaying 1/6 figures and I plan on getting at least 3 more over the next year as my collection grows.

I've got 3 Detolf's and my plan is to have 6 in total, 2 are set up in my lounge room with my MR Vader, Altmann Scout helmet and my SS Vader, Obi and Anakin with a couple of Hasbro figs and a Marmit ( which will go as soon as SS make a Suited Vader and Troopers), the others I plan to have side by side in the spare room (SS need to make more great characters to display). I have used some "Dot-it" LED lights in the cabinets which look great, not as bright as the Ikea lights but they don't get hot either.

anyone know of ikea alternatives...
I live in colorado so there arent any physical ikea stores....
any other stores work?

sunohc said:
any other stores work?

I hear that Colorado has lots of trees....can go paul bunyan on them and carpenter some shelves...:chew :chew

sunohc said:
any other stores work?
I don't know of any other Chain stores that have cases like a Detolf. Too bad shipping is something crazy like 200 bucks!

pixletwin said:
Quick questions for you Detolf vets: How well do they keep the dust off of your figs?

Certainly not as bad as if they were out in the open, but they are definately not dust-proof. Actually, every curio I have seen lets at least some dust in, the only truly sealed option are the custom cases (www.casesforcollectibles.com).

I am pretty retentive and I have to dust my Detolfs about twice a month.

Back