Woo-Hoo!!!! I've just got back from IKEA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boba - Are you at all concerned about the heat/intensity of those lights damaging the top row of figures? I've been thinking about doing your exact setup.

Actually, they do not get as hot as you think. Believe me, I was doing the test runs with my figures to see how warm they got and they turned out fine. If you positioned them just directly out of the lighting a bit, there's nothing to worry about.

Anyway, I plan to "rotate" my figures every month(taking the fourth shelf of figures and placing them on top, then shifting down the other figures a shelf down) for the sake of showing each collection in the lighting. As you will notice when lighting is placed, the fourth shelf of figures hardly get any light.

i agree the detolfs look great, but arent the ideal case for PF collectors due to the different sizes of the PF. however, i plan on getting a couple for the rest of my collection. ie: 12", maquette, kotobukiya, and what ever else might find its way in there.

Nitro said:
i've seen the detolf's for $59.99

i still haven't ruled out the detolfs though...

And you shouldn't, for the price they are unbeatable. You can get 2 PFs (or three in the case of Han/Leia) in one case.

Display11-5.jpg

Display11-4.jpg

mfoga said:
No experience with the Skogen but when I measure Grievous and then walked around Ikea I did not find a single item that would fit him. I also found the measurements on the Sideshow site off a lil. I think he was about 21-22 inches deep thats 3-4 inches bigger the Sideshow lists. I have the PAX which yes is a Clothes Storage unit and Grievous fits pretty nicely, only problem is no glass door. Here is what I have
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=202086&postcount=1

From what I have seen with Deltofs you can only fit 2 PFs in a cabinet due to fixed shelf height. Here is a good example.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223912&postcount=10

Hope that helps.

Yes ! Thanks a lot !!

I think DELTOFS can be a good way to display the Premium figures even if we loose a lot of space.

Thanks everyone for the pictures !

I'll make the same : Han and Leia together...

I don't want to let my Premium Figure outside a close cabinet for i have some dust in my house...

I'm still wondering if i can buy a SKOGEN only for GRIEVOUS...

Maybe he can be display in a DELTOF but without his lightsabers ???

LOTRFan said:
And you shouldn't, for the price they are unbeatable. You can get 2 PFs (or three in the case of Han/Leia) in one case.

I only have 3 PF's anyways (Leia, Han, & Obi Wan)...so even if i pickup 1, it's still a great deal. That setup looks great though. I'm wondering how I can position my Han like that (with Leia next to him) if I pick-up a Detolf next weekend...

The only other concern I had was lighting. I thought about picking up one of those portable lights at walmart for around $7 that looks like they can be put in those cases. I'm moving into an older home with less outlets than the one I'm living at now. The duplex I bought is getting a complete overhaul cosmetically and I'm not worried about getting an electrician in to reconfigure the outlets just yet. The focus is on fixing things up just right so my office can display these fine pieces accordingly (There is currently only one outlet per room). How are the lights that they sell at Ikea that needs to be plugged in....are they worth it and can the wires be hidden?

Darth Fredius said:
Yes ! Thanks a lot !!

I think DELTOFS can be a good way to display the Premium figures even if we loose a lot of space.

Thanks everyone for the pictures !

I'll make the same : Han and Leia together...

I don't want to let my Premium Figure outside a close cabinet for i have some dust in my house...

I'm still wondering if i can buy a SKOGEN only for GRIEVOUS...

Maybe he can be display in a DELTOF but without his lightsabers ???

I think he would fit in the skogen without the sabers but with them no way. Its best to measure it youself and not trust the sideshow deminsions.

Nitro said:
I only have 3 PF's anyways (Leia, Han, & Obi Wan)...so even if i pickup 1, it's still a great deal. That setup looks great though. I'm wondering how I can position my Han like that (with Leia next to him) if I pick-up a Detolf next weekend...

Considering that the PFs normally weigh in about 18" and the Detolf's shelves are about 15" I have never wanted to have too much of a gap between the statue and the shelving. I built risers for both the Luke and Han figures. Leia fits fine in front of that.

Nitro said:
The only other concern I had was lighting. I thought about picking up one of those portable lights at walmart for around $7 that looks like they can be put in those cases. I'm moving into an older home with less outlets than the one I'm living at now. The duplex I bought is getting a complete overhaul cosmetically and I'm not worried about getting an electrician in to reconfigure the outlets just yet. The focus is on fixing things up just right so my office can display these fine pieces accordingly (There is currently only one outlet per room). How are the lights that they sell at Ikea that needs to be plugged in....are they worth it and can the wires be hidden?

The Ikea "NON" lights are fine, they cost about $10 for two. They are nice and bright and don't get too hot.

The Ikea "NON" lights are fine, they cost about $10 for two. They are nice and bright and don't get too hot.

I agree. The NON's are your best bet. If you look at my pic earlier in this thread you will see all of them have NON's installed on top. I use two for each Detolf. And no, they don't get too hot.

Right now, I am bummed because I took measurements of the SKOGEN and I realized my Aragorn at the Black Gates won't fit inside it, because the horse's tail is just too long for it to fit inside. At least Gandalf on Shadowfax does.

So now I guess I have to display Aragorn on top of my dresser. He's just too big to fit anywhere else. :confused:

I hurt my back when I tried to get a detolf onto one of those low carts... and it ended up being too big for the car anyway so I didn't get one, and my back hurt real bad for a week.

As cool as they look, I think I'll just get two more billys. :(

Nitro said:
i've seen the detolf's for $59.99

i asked the wife for a wooden Target bookcase (w/ adjustable shelving)...they had quite a few different kind of bookcases but only 2 with the right kind of adjustable shelving that would be ideal for PF's...while i'd like the detolfs and glass cabinet, i'd assume get a quality shelf that would fit pretty much whatever i'd need. i still haven't ruled out the detolfs though...
Those Detolfs are only $59.99? That's a mighty good deal for something that looks that nice and isn't 100% particle board. I seriously doubt you could buy all that glass for that much. And you could always upgrade the base and top to a hard wood if you wanted to for not that much more.
I'm thinking about getting a couple of these.

Coheteboy said:
I hurt my back when I tried to get a detolf onto one of those low carts... and it ended up being too big for the car anyway so I didn't get one, and my back hurt real bad for a week.

As cool as they look, I think I'll just get two more billys. :(
Did you try taking it out of the box for your car? As much as I'd hate to do that with glass, sometimes that's the only way it'll work.

screamingmetal said:
Did you try taking it out of the box for your car? As much as I'd hate to do that with glass, sometimes that's the only way it'll work.

I actually didn't even buy it because it was clear that it wasn't gonna fit. But it's okay. Right now, I have so many toys to display and not that much space so a Billy will work the best in this scenario.

I bought another Billy for my Sideshow Star Wars figures! I need to go buy another one soon. Jabba will need a place to live.

At the moment, the IKEA in my hometown is out of Skogens, so I have to wait until they are in stock again. :(

Sucks waiting. I have PF's to display.

Anbody try the Ingo cabinets from Ikea? They looked a little taller than the Detolf and they had the untreated wood...I wonder how the PF's would take in one of those...

A comparison looks like:

Ingo:
Width 17 3/4 inches
Depth 13 3/8 inches
Height 70 1/2 inches
Max load/Glass Shelf 11 lbs

Detolf:
Width 16 3/4 inches
Depth 14 3/8 inches
Height 64 1/8 inches
Max load/Glass Shelf: 13 lbs

Inspired by this thread, I went out and picked up a Detolf on the way home from work today.

What a great deal for $60. And the NON lights were on sale for $5/pair, so I got that also.

Yep - I don't know about in the US but here in Oz Ikea just started making some new doors for their Billy's - they have a thin aluminium frame rather than the thick wood one of the Bonde doors. I'd guess the frame is at most a cm wide which makes it alot better for display purposes. I got one door today for a 40cm wide cabinet I had and its pretty good. Now to get the doors for the rest of them to cut down on dust.

Just got 2 more detolfs a week ago and finally built one of them. I now have 5 and I need 2-3 more. The 1st one I bought was $99.99 the 2nd was $79.99, the 3rd was only $30 from a collector getting out of GG and the last 2 were 59.99. I can't believe how cheap they are now. There's no way in hell you could build one of these for 60 bucks. The glass alone would be well over 100. I can almost put these together in the dark, I have built so many I should start a Ikea assembly business on the side.:D

Back