Wonder Woman: The Animated Feature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a review up on AICN

Harry here... I just got finished watching the action packed HULK VS Blu Ray. The two abbreviated films were indeed fun. However, they were short films. Exciting, fun... but not as satisfying as a feature film. So imagine my joy when today I opened up my mail and found a very early... hot off the presses dvd of WONDER WOMAN, the animated feature that's due out March 1st on DVD and BLU RAY. What I saw was a standard def version of the feature alone. None of the extras, and certainly not the early look at the upcoming GREEN LANTERN feature that will be on the eventual final product.

Whomever is looking at making a feature film of WONDER WOMAN, they should look at this, the first animated Wonder Woman feature for inspiration. It is directed by Lauren Montgomery (SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY) and she has out done herself with WONDER WOMAN.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The film is more adult than you would expect. Nothing overtly wrong for a kid, I feel... but more than enough to maintain a story and a feature that would entertain all adult comic fans.

This is really a great flick. As with NEW FRONTIER and DOOMSDAY, the DC Animated Video titles continue to be vastly superior to the Marvel entries. This is one I can't wait to see on BLU-RAY - if only so I can better appreciate the animation, but also I can't wait to check out all the special features, especially our first look at GREEN LANTERN!

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds interesting, but I saw Superman Doomsday which I felt was terrible so I'm apprehensive. I'll likely catch this when it's on Cartoon Network.
But this pisses me off:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
It sounds interesting, but I saw Superman Doomsday which I felt was terrible so I'm apprehensive. I'll likely catch this when it's on Cartoon Network.
:

I liked Superman:Doomsday, so I have a feeling I'll like this one too.

Let's please avoid spoilers for this film. That's why I hate AICN "Reviews" - they are more just a spoiler filled synopsis then a review.

Well I'm glad I've dodged any spoilers then :lol
am looking forward to seeing this, not a wonder woman fan per-se but they handled her excellently in Justice League and the other animated features have at least been respectful if not true to the stories they've used.

The thing I watch most on Superman:Doomsday is the documentary about the comic series.

Let's please avoid spoilers for this film. That's why I hate AICN "Reviews" - they are more just a spoiler filled synopsis then a review.

It felt like they condensed too much of the Doomsday story and Doomsday was a bit too powered down. I also would've liked to see some other major DC characters show up (at least the Justice league at the funeral), and a bigger end battle. It also meant we wouldn't see a live action translation of the Doomsday story line (although they incorporated Supes' Death a bit into the Returns movie) which I would've liked to have seen in live rather then animated.
I did like the bit with the Toy Master's giant spider and Kevin Smith guest voice, which ironically I felt was a pretty cool scene. Also Lex Luthor was portrayed perfectly.

Last edited:
I will probably check this out although I'm not really sold on it just yet. I do have to say the Maquette looks like one of the best ones they've ever put out for Wondy.

DC28205lg.jpg

I did like the bit with the Toy Master's giant spider and Kevin Smith guest voice, which ironically I felt was a pretty cool scene. Also Lex Luthor was portrayed perfectly.

That I did enjoy, especially the in-joke about the giant mechanical spider. Which was something Kevin Smith was forced to write into his abandoned Superman film script by producer Jon Peters (who if you read about what he wanted for the film clearly didn't have a clue)
Superman Lives Outline

That I did enjoy, especially the in-joke about the giant mechanical spider. Which was something Kevin Smith was forced to write into his abandoned Superman film script by producer Jon Peters (who if you read about what he wanted for the film clearly didn't have a clue)
Superman Lives Outline

Smith first talked about the Giant Spider in his first An Evening with Kevin Smith film which if you haven't watched is pretty damn funny.
Shatterer of Dreams said:
that is a good maquette but not the best WW staue out there.
The Brian Bolland Statue is the best one done yet (at least until the Hughes Statue). I'm still kicking myself for not getting the full sized statue at half off when I had the chance :banghead:
Wonder-Woman-Mini-Statue-by_243EAD7E.jpg

Smith first talked about the Giant Spider in his first An Evening with Kevin Smith film which if you haven't watched is pretty damn funny.

I haven't seen either of his evening series (which is quite wrong of me actually :lol) will have to check them both out. If anything else I could do with a good laugh

Sorry Dave,

I didn't think it was really in depth spoiler material there. I have seen a lot worse spoilers on here.

The Brian Bolland Statue is the best one done yet (at least until the Hughes Statue). I'm still kicking myself for not getting the full sized statue at half off when I had the chance :banghead:
Wonder-Woman-Mini-Statue-by_243EAD7E.jpg

The Hughes serpent wrestling is the best Wondie out there. I think the Bolland is the only one I don't have.

The Hughes serpent wrestling is the best Wondie out there. I think the Bolland is the only one I don't have.

The Serpent one is just a bit too muscular for my taste. The Bolland statue is beautiful although the eyes are a bit too large. I mostly just love the whole design, the base is awesome.
I think the upcoming Hughes WW statue will top them all.
I found these images on ebay, They'll give you a pretty good idea of what it looks like:
49ca3gu9.jpg

4bd13lz9.jpg

4d8f3sp3.jpg

Never seen the serpent one in person so maybe it looks better then the pics I've seen? I think I'll search around for some new in hand pics.

Just bumping this up to the front page since the release is up this Tuesday. I'm getting pumped for the release and I'm especially pumped to see the first glimpse of the new Green Lantern animated flick!

Prepare to be disappointed...

Animated Green Lantern First Look (SD, 10 minutes): Sadly, this is yet another upcoming project preview that consists of little more than talking heads, concept art, and rough sketches.

i just hope they get this Wonder Woman feature right. She gets neglected forever and when they do make something it's usually less than steller and the they go "see this is why we don't concentrate on her" like it's the fault of the fans and not the subpar product.

everyone say a little prayer tonight......

I've watched about half of it and it's actually not bad. The action is fantastic, but BOY is it pretty sexist. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol More thoughts when I finish it

Last edited:
Bought the two disk Best Buy version yesterday with the exclusive action figure and watched it that night. I thought it was very good. I can say sincerely that nobody in the movie pulled their punches. The dialogue was memorable and the plot was satisfying. I had a few minors quibbles with it, but I''l refrain from stating them now so I don't spoil it for anyone. I will say that the ending makes you wish for a sequel or an ongoing animated series based on this movie. The story is by current Wonder Woman scribe Gail Simone, and proved to me that WB should hire her to help make a live action Wonder Woman movie a reality.

This is a great date movie with your girlfriend/wife/significant other, but I do not recommend watching this with your daughter(s) if they are still in grade school.

Now, when are they coming out with an animated Supergirl movie?

Back