GREEN LANTERN: The Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed the show for what it is. The animation style is different for a DC show, but I can get used to it. TONS of action, which is always good. Wondering how they are going to do some crossovers if they are so far away and can't get back

Supposedly Timm is taking the Nolan focus for the show's beginnings and saying no cameos from other heroes from the non-GL universe. Sinestro isn't even supposed to appear until the end of the first season at the earliest.

I really enjoyed this and the evolution of Timms style to CGI... There were some bumps in the animation and the character's models moved weird in spots, like around GL's shoulders and chest. And some of the walk-cycles were a bit rigid and clunky, but otherwise I loved it!

Even though there is no plans for other DC heroes in the show for the moment, I'd love to see some of them pop up in season 2 with the Yellow Lanterns!

The writing is okay, but I'm really not getting into this due to the look. Reminds me of Lego games for some reason. Everything is too smooth and featureless.

The writing is okay, but I'm really not getting into this due to the look. Reminds me of Lego games for some reason. Everything is too smooth and featureless.

I didn't even know this was out, but I'm not a big cable fan. Is it cell shaded or something?

This show is very solid and continues to build up the GL universe with every episode. I enjoy it every week, but it doesn't blow me away.

Well....well....well....guess who is joining up next season!

120711mag-HalJordan1.jpg

With Hal Jordan returning to Earth after the defeat of the Red Lantern Corps, the show is set to introduce rival Green Lantern Guy Gardner, who has been busy looking after Earth and Sector 2814 while Jordan has been away. Gardner — long famous as "that one Green Lantern that's sort of an _______, but also kind of awesome" — will be voiced by Diedrich Bader, who put a pretty indelible mark on superhero cartoons with his work in the title role on Batman: Brave and the Bold. The upcoming season will also build up to a confrontation between Hal Jordan and the fiendishly powerful Anti-Monitor, best known as the multiverse-destroying villain from Crisis of Infinite Earths. To defeat him, Jordan will apparently need to recruit not especially willing allies like Kilowog, Aya, and Razer, a plot producer Giancarlo Volpe compares to the similarly unsuccessful recruitment efforts in The Blues Brothers. And here's Volpe describing Guy Gardner and Diedrich Bader's performance:

He's like Hal Jordan cranked to Level 10. He's that much cockier, more brash and a womanizer. Somehow [Bader] did this thing where he made lines funny that weren't even supposed to be funny.

Back