Wonder Woman Red Son Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously you are free (depending on where you live) to buy, own and proudly display whatever you want in your collection. However there is a difference between reading something, say Mein Kampf, and glorifying said source material by giving it a place of honor on the shelf in your home.

I guess it depends on your mindset. I wouldn't go into someone's home, see Mein Kampf on their bookshelf, and assume they were a Nazi. I would just figure they read the book because everyone should read it at some point. I'd be afraid to have someone like you come into my home and see my bookshelves. You'd probably run away screaming and call the government because based on my bookshelves I'm apparently a crazy Christian, Nazi, Muslim, Mormon, pervert who has Playboy magazines, and has the intellectual development of a 12-year old because I also read comic books.

I guess it depends on your mindset. I wouldn't go into someone's home, see Mein Kampf on their bookshelf, and assume they were a Nazi. I would just figure they read the book because everyone should read it at some point. I'd be afraid to have someone like you come into my home and see my bookshelves. You'd probably run away screaming and call the government because based on my bookshelves I'm apparently a crazy Christian, Nazi, Muslim, Mormon, pervert who has Playboy magazines, and has the intellectual development of a 12-year old because I also read comic books.

I am a United States Navy Veteran and personally if I went into someone home and they had a comic statue with a flag of any kind I wouldn't pay it any mind. Whether it be Superman Wonder woman or Guardian. I don't see how anyone can judge another person by what they decide to have inside their own home.

I am a United States Navy Veteran and personally if I went into someone home and they had a comic statue with a flag of any kind I wouldn't pay it any mind. Whether it be Superman Wonder woman or Guardian. I don't see how anyone can judge another person by what they decide to have inside their own home.

Surely that's why they call it the land of the free

Well said, my friend. GO Navy!

It will still be there? That will be what happens.

Regardless Convergence has been lolawful, so bad.
Doubtful, the New 52 was supposed to erase years of continuity and convergence just made all that continiuty canon. Therefore while the stories of the 52 happened it being the only thing that happened and it's history of only 5 or 6 years are no more.

Wow, you took my post way out of context there broseph. Kind of judgemental on your part to make such a statement about me. I have also read Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, and have several other books I would be uncomfortable showing to co-workers.

My point being, it is one thing to read about a particular ideology in an attempt to further your knowledge/understanding on the subject. It is quite another to seek out and display collectibles pertaining to that ideology. That distinction seems to be missed by the cool flag, check out my Che T-shirt crowd.

But collect whatever you damn well please. I only mention it in regards to those stating what difference does symbolism make, when symbolism is a powerful tool, especially when it is held in high esteem and glorified.

krzykoopa, you are not the only veteran on these boards my friend. Please don't also take my response out of context.

Wow, you took my post way out of context there broseph. Kind of judgemental on your part to make such a statement about me. I have also read Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, and have several other books I would be uncomfortable showing to co-workers.

My point being, it is one thing to read about a particular ideology in an attempt to further your knowledge/understanding on the subject. It is quite another to seek out and display collectibles pertaining to that ideology. That distinction seems to be missed by the cool flag, check out my Che T-shirt crowd.

But collect whatever you damn well please. I only mention it in regards to those stating what difference does symbolism make, when symbolism is a powerful tool, especially when it is held in high esteem and glorified.

krzykoopa, you are not the only veteran on these boards my friend. Please don't also take my response out of context.

I don't think I did. Your position is that having a Red Son Wonder Woman on display is glorifying the Soviet Union and I disagree. I can't think of a single person that would walk into my house, see a statue holding a Soviet flag, and think I was sympathetic to the Soviet Union. Symbols are only powerful if you give them power. I have a Hitler figure on my shelf getting knocked out by Captain America and no one thinks I'm a Nazi. Having Hitler on my shelf doesn't mean I support Nazi ideology. It's recreating a scene from a comic book cover--that's it. Same with this Wonder Woman statue--the flag makes sense in context to the character and the story.

I think it's great that you've read those books, but you're hanging around the wrong people if you feel uncomfortable about sharing that you've read them.

I don't think I did. Your position is that having a Red Son Wonder Woman on display is glorifying the Soviet Union and I disagree. I can't think of a single person that would walk into my house, see a statue holding a Soviet flag, and think I was sympathetic to the Soviet Union. Symbols are only powerful if you give them power. I have a Hitler figure on my shelf getting knocked out by Captain America and no one thinks I'm a Nazi. Having Hitler on my shelf doesn't mean I support Nazi ideology. It's recreating a scene from a comic book cover--that's it. Same with this Wonder Woman statue--the flag makes sense in context to the character and the story.

I think it's great that you've read those books, but you're hanging around the wrong people if you feel uncomfortable about sharing that you've read them.

I said I would be uncomfortable showing those reading materials to co-workers, never mentioned anything about friends or associates. Once again, reading comprehension for the win.

Frankly, I am not even sure why we are having this conversation. It is no skin off my nose what you do/collect/display. We are not friends or associates IRL or otherwise, so I really don't care what you do.

However I disagree with your take on symbolism (and so do the creators of that flag WW is holding), but hey, if you are comfortable with it, go right ahead. It is not for me, but neither is Red Skull for similar reasons (yes I know, retconned to Hydra instead of the Nazi's, blah, blah, blah).

I said I would be uncomfortable showing those reading materials to co-workers, never mentioned anything about friends or associates. Once again, reading comprehension for the win.

Frankly, I am not even sure why we are having this conversation. It is no skin off my nose what you do/collect/display. We are not friends or associates IRL or otherwise, so I really don't care what you do.

However I disagree with your take on symbolism (and so do the creators of that flag WW is holding), but hey, if you are comfortable with it, go right ahead. It is not for me, but neither is Red Skull for similar reasons (yes I know, retconned to Hydra instead of the Nazi's, blah, blah, blah).

Relax. Don't get pissy just because we disagree on something, though I'm beginning to see a little of the reasoning behind your location line. Some people are comfortable discussing certain subjects and others aren't. Some people can understand something based on context and others can't. You want to make a personal stand and not purchase a piece based on a symbol then that's your decision. However, I would suggest not coming into a thread with a statue that you're obviously not going to buy and throwing out a statement like you did. Some of us can collect certain pieces and not fall under the sway of symbols or be afraid of what others will think of them personally based on what's on a shelf. I certainly wouldn't judge someone for wanting this piece, a Red Skull piece, or whatever. To each their own--that goes for opinions as well as collectibles.

I never said I was the only Veteran I don't know why you even said that. As to taking what you said out of context.

Obviously you are free (depending on where you live) to buy, own and proudly display whatever you want in your collection. However there is a difference between reading something, say Mein Kampf, and glorifying said source material by giving it a place of honor on the shelf in your home

The context seems to be red sun WW statue is glorifying its source material which is a comic book elsewhere story BUT because that elsewhere origin has a specific flag associated to it we are honoring something else? The context seemed to be clear.

I haven't read Mein Kampf but I apply everything I said about seeing a WW red sun statue etc. If I went into your home and seen you have the book on your shelf I wouldn't think anything of it. I think if anyone is taking things out of context it may be you.

I think of a collection like a museum, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nazi or Soviet flag in a museum, nor would I assume the museum has Nazi or Soviet ties just because the symbolism was on display.

...now if you had a Soviet flag flying in your front yard, without any context, I would assume you're a communist. :lol

I think of a collection like a museum, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nazi or Soviet flag in a museum, nor would I assume the museum has Nazi or Soviet ties just because the symbolism was on display.

...now if you had a Soviet flag flying in your front yard, without any context, I would assume you're a communist. :lol

Here Here :hi5:

I never said I was the only Veteran I don't know why you even said that. As to taking what you said out of context.

The context seems to be red sun WW statue is glorifying its source material which is a comic book elsewhere story BUT because that elsewhere origin has a specific flag associated to it we are honoring something else? The context seemed to be clear.

I haven't read Mein Kampf but I apply everything I said about seeing a WW red sun statue etc. If I went into your home and seen you have the book on your shelf I wouldn't think anything of it. I think if anyone is taking things out of context it may be you.

I think you and others are reading into my statement a wee bit too much. How would your perspective change if you went into my home or office on a U.S. military base and saw the same thing? You should know better than most that for some, being able to display controversial source material doesn't work in all situations/places. In fact it can be detrimental to ones livelihood.

But I guess I am not suppose to be here expressing an opinion one way or the other. All hail Zod.

I think you and others are reading into my statement a wee bit too much. How would your perspective change if you went into my home or office on a U.S. military base and saw the same thing? You should know better than most that for some, being able to display controversial source material doesn't work in all situations/places. In fact it can be detrimental to ones livelihood.

But I guess I am not suppose to be here expressing an opinion one way or the other. All hail Zod.

My perspective wouldn't change except from a rules standpoint and even then it is not based on what you are displaying. For your home I already stated my opinion regardless if it is on a military base. For your office on a military base there are guidelines that actually tell you what you can and can't display. If you are in military regulations no one can say anything. As for reading to much into your statement I am taking it at face value and interpreting by the words YOU are using. I see your side and I don't agree with you. You can express your opinion all you like just as I did mine. I am sure others agree you with and disagree with me thats fine by me. Don't get all but hurt when others express their opinions.

If I in some magical world had enough space in the barracks to display statues and I chose this WW all the guys would love it. I would still pass room inspections, My livelihood would not be at risk.

My perspective wouldn't change except from a rules standpoint and even then it is not based on what you are displaying. For your home I already stated my opinion regardless if it is on a military base. For your office on a military base there are guidelines that actually tell you what you can and can't display. If you are in military regulations no one can say anything. As for reading to much into your statement I am taking it at face value and interpreting by the words YOU are using. I see your side and I don't agree with you. You can express your opinion all you like just as I did mine. I am sure others agree you with and disagree with me thats fine by me. Don't get all but hurt when others express their opinions.

If I in some magical world had enough space in the barracks to display statues and I chose this WW all the guys would love it. I would still pass room inspections, My livelihood would not be at risk.

I guess you never heard of subversion then.

Why do you and others keep inferring that somehow my feelings are hurt over this? I had some spare time today and was actually enjoying the banter, until being accused of being a paranoid freak about to go running to report what I had seen at Zod's house.

I guess you never heard of subversion then.

Why do you and others keep inferring that somehow my feelings are hurt over this? I had some spare time today and was actually enjoying the banter, until being accused of being a paranoid freak about to go running to report what I had seen at Zod's house.

You tell me I am reading to much into things and then refer to subversion....

I can't speak for others but this statement you made
But I guess I am not suppose to be here expressing an opinion one way or the other. All hail Zod

Is an emotional response to me that shows you feel some type of way. Thats why I said don't get but hurt.

Back