Wonder Woman Red Son Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No swastikas on red skull not to cause offence yet the communist rag is ok.....go figure

Soviet flag doesn't bother me either. It's part of the story not a declaration of my loyalty.

Exactly. If you like the look of these just get them. Flag included. Otherwise we should skip reading the comics that have these characters in them too?

No interest in this. While I appreciate Sideshow trying something different, it is disappointing they would rather do this than develop new sculpts of the multitude of DC characters that are almost guaranteed to sell more than these Red Son pieces.

Ok - I say this as someone who will probably buy this - although the full reveal might change my mind. I understand it's a version of the characters that is very close to the creator's heart - and that's awesome. But - while the attention on the variant seemed to have gone into Superman (I think the variant head sculpt MAKES that piece) - here, this version of WW is now pulling from some very specific source material, and they can't change major aspects of the sculpt. I don't know that the two pieces go together, because Superman's head is so stylized, and hers is not. If specific source art is going to be pulled, to me the sculpt should look like that specific art. And don't get me wrong, I love the WW sculpt, I think it's epic, and that will probably mean I will buy the variant, as I did love the series, I just feel here, that unfortunately, due to the fact that WW was one piece, she's going to get the short stick in the trio here. Totally changing the hair would have helped, and maybe I'll feel different when I see the whole thing, but I'm kind of meh on this.

Not only is the design on the top wrong, but they haven't even bothered to give Red Son Wonder Woman the proper skirt, either?

Soviet flag doesn't bother me either. It's part of the story not a declaration of my loyalty.

Obviously you are free (depending on where you live) to buy, own and proudly display whatever you want in your collection. However there is a difference between reading something, say Mein Kampf, and glorifying said source material by giving it a place of honor on the shelf in your home.

Back