Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine Just arrived. Nice job by SS, with this new batch they went to magnets on the arms and got rid of the pins.

Wow this has still not been released in this case the pins best have been replaced with magnets sideshow

Ahh haa so i was correct then cool, also no sloppy paint on the one that you received ?

Ahh haa so i was correct then cool, also no sloppy paint on the one that you received ?

Yup, nice call on the magnets.

The paint app looks good on mine. The lines are clean, the shading on the skin looks great and the paint on the face is perfect. The dirt splatter effect on the boots could’ve been a little better on mine but that’s the only minor thing I can think of.

Is the spear the same kind of delicate plastic material? I remember other collectors complaining it was very easy to snap and in fact some would arrive broken in the styrofoam.

good question. Since this is the only version of this statue I've ever assembled I really can't comment on the quality of the spear on earlier batches. The spear on this one seemed to be fine, I didn't feel like it would easily snap during assembly.

good question. Since this is the only version of this statue I've ever assembled I really can't comment on the quality of the spear on earlier batches. The spear on this one seemed to be fine, I didn't feel like it would easily snap during assembly.

Ok thanks. I imagine if they only made this new batch with an extra layer of plastic on the spear area where breakage is possible, it would be stronger. I should be getting mine soon. :yess:

Still my best statue ever made in my collection. The new one probably will match it. I’m
Definitely keeping both of these masterpieces. Would be nice to find that custom cape for this. This statue actually look better in person than the pics. The distortion in the pics makes her look weird. In person she’s stunning strong and beautiful!

Still waiting for mine to ship. sooo long

If you have 1 last payment left, you can opt to pay it now and they will ship the day after. What happened was they had those who were on that payment plan charging on 02-25, cause they thought that was when the the batch was coming in. it's here now, so go ahead and finish paying for it.

I got my WW today. Very nice paint-job and no fit issues. Magnets are strong for the hair, spear and shield. Not the best pictures but very happy with this new batch. I had the exc 1st batch and the shield and axe kept falling off.

Attachments

• 20180216_163023.jpg
    20180216_163023.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20180216_163133.jpg
    20180216_163133.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20180216_163622.jpg
    20180216_163622.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 115
With a combined ES of 9500 you have to figure it was going to take them awhile...

Sideshow sold 9000 Red Sonja statues, not including sales of the latest Red Sonja, in the same period of time so I would have thought this piece would have sold out by now. Obviously it hasn't, which is why I am curious just how many are left.

Sideshow sold 9000 Red Sonja statues, not including sales of the latest Red Sonja, in the same period of time so I would have thought this piece would have sold out by now. Obviously it hasn't, which is why I am curious just how many are left.

The thing is we really don't now how many they sale as SS has admitted in the past that if demand for a statue dries up they will stop production before reaching the max Edition Size... They did that with Obi-Wan Mythos statue, I believe it had a max ES of 2000, they originally cut the production off at 1400 if memory serves me right, then a year or so later demand picked up for the statue again (on ebay and what not) so Sideshow decided to finish the production run and make the last 600 statues.

When you see SS website say a statue is sold out and then several months later it's back in stock, I think that's why....

The thing is we really don't now how many they sale as SS has admitted in the past that if demand for a statue dries up they will stop production before reaching the max Edition Size... They did that with Obi-Wan Mythos statue, I believe it had a max ES of 2000, they originally cut the production off at 1400 if memory serves me right, then a year or so later demand picked up for the statue again (on ebay and what not) so Sideshow decided to finish the production run and make the last 600 statues.

When you see SS website say a statue is sold out and then several months later it's back in stock, I think that's why....

This is 100% wrong and this issue has been addressed many times on Statue Forum by Sideshow. Sideshow ALWAYS completes 100% of their editions and again, this was confirmed by Sideshow on Statue Forum. The only statues in Sideshow's entire history where production was ceased before they reached the full edition size were on some of the statues in the Star Wars Mythos line and if I remember correctly, that had something to do with problems with production. And eventually, Sideshow did wind up going back and finished the full production run on those editions as well. So Sideshow does complete all of their editions. The idea that Sideshow ceases production of a statue if sales start to slow is just a fallacy and is 100% completely incorrect. Again, this has already been addressed by Sideshow on StatueForum.

So basically, Sideshow did sell 9000 Sonja statues (again, not including the new Red Sonja), in the same time period that Wonder Woman has been up for sale. And the reason why you see a statue get listed as sold out only to see it go up for sale again is because these statues are sold in batches. When a new batch gets produced, they put it up for sale again. Once they reach the full edition size, this practice is ceased and the "sold out" label becomes permanent.

Back