Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look is it just me over analyzing her face or is it off then some over pics of her ?

image.jpg

Eyes in the pic above are definitely wonky. Looking in completely different directions. The hair needs to come down further too (shouldn't see that much of her forehead).

The face sculpt of the original WW prototype wasn't so appealing, I'm glad they changed it! She's the first Sideshow female statue i've ever purchased.. i think she's the best so far. The pose, the face, the equipment and that beautiful shield..Perfect. My only complaint is she's too big for an acrylic display case and now have to worry about regular dusting (no problems though, I bought an electric duster from amazon!).

I'm still new with this buying directly with sideshow. What's their email address if I need a replacement?
Received mine yesterday. And the paint on the shield is not that great.
And the casting on ww it self is far from perfect. But she still looks great from distance.
It's kinda sad really, this great statue is overshadow by the bad QC.
ww00_zpsdf98dqua.jpg

ww01_zps0ytxu5rn.jpg

ww04_zps1oawczgs.jpg

I'm still new with this buying directly with sideshow. What's their email address if I need a replacement?
Received mine yesterday. And the paint on the shield is not that great.
And the casting on ww it self is far from perfect. But she still looks great from distance.
It's kinda sad really, this great statue is overshadow by the bad QC.
ww00_zpsdf98dqua.jpg

ww01_zps0ytxu5rn.jpg

ww04_zps1oawczgs.jpg

Just go to their website. You can handle it there. Sorry to hear you have issues with your piece. Unfortunately, SSC's QC can very much be hit or miss. However, if only your shield is bad, you should be able to get a replacement for it. After that, you should be all good.

Emailed SSC and they said they wouldn't be able to give me another piece that will be anything more then what I have. Damnit I really wanted her. I can send her back and pick her up at a comic shop so I can really get a good look but then I won't have the EX and I do like her with her AX as I display her... Has anyone used decal eyes before ? I hear it's a good way to redo eyes that are wrong...

Emailed SSC and they said they wouldn't be able to give me another piece that will be anything more then what I have. Damnit I really wanted her. I can send her back and pick her up at a comic shop so I can really get a good look but then I won't have the EX and I do like her with her AX as I display her... Has anyone used decal eyes before ? I hear it's a good way to redo eyes that are wrong...

Really they don't have any better so does that mean all the replacements sent out now will have the wonky eyes? I kind of not believe this. Why not just say it as it really is and say sorry we don't think its bad enough to get a new replacement body. I mean it makes more sense to be honest. So from now on anyone who gets a replacement body will have wonky eyes.
That's why I'm scare to send mine back even with some tiny flaws on her face paint. I really don't think I can get a better on this late with so many being return. I'm more worried that I will get someone else's return such as my lady death. I had to give that one up after my replacement was worst than my original. It had scratches and paint blotches covering the mess up parts. Then there was no more replacements after the first replacement. For those who got a good or decent statue. You are the so lucky ones to own this awesome statue. It's going to be a lottery to get a decent one. This is the one to own if anyone can get it with decent QC. Most amazing SS statue to date in my opinion.

Last edited:
I had to post a few pics of the gorgeous amazon. They are capable of producing a stellar piece. Even though i think the base is toooooo tall.

And possible her final resting place

Stunning! I did the same with the mini plate holder for her shield. I went for one size up just to make sure the small holder does not collapse. The base is perfect so that the shield does not cover any part of this statue.

Stunning! I did the same with the mini plate holder for her shield. I went for one size up just to make sure the small holder does not collapse. The base is perfect so that the shield does not cover any part of this statue.

what size plate holder did you get?

Finally sucked it up and opened mine today. After some of the posts here I was really sweating it, but I must be living right because this girl is finnnne. I didn't see any paint flaws and stopped looking for them. Axe hand fit like it was meant to go there, huge sigh of relief. Spear hand took lots of patience to get the pin started, but then went on fine after that. worst thing is the hair fits pretty loose, but it looks fine so I'm good. No, I'm great actually. Hey Grphyx1- please tell me those glass cabinets in the background are discussed in a thread somewhere.

Finally sucked it up and opened mine today. After some of the posts here I was really sweating it, but I must be living right because this girl is finnnne. I didn't see any paint flaws and stopped looking for them. Axe hand fit like it was meant to go there, huge sigh of relief. Spear hand took lots of patience to get the pin started, but then went on fine after that. worst thing is the hair fits pretty loose, but it looks fine so I'm good. No, I'm great actually. Hey Grphyx1- please tell me those glass cabinets in the background are discussed in a thread somewhere.

They look like birch (?) Detolfs...

Hey Grphyx1- please tell me those glass cabinets in the background are discussed in a thread somewhere.

They look like birch (?) Detolfs...

They are actually beach colored detolfs. You can pick them up from Ikea. They come in 3 colors I believe (beach, white, and black). I have 6 of the beach colored ones. They are FABULOUS for 1/6 or smaller pieces. I wouldn't use them for 1/4 scale pieces though. That's a lot of weight to put on a glass shelf.

Really they don't have any better so does that mean all the replacements sent out now will have the wonky eyes? I kind of not believe this. Why not just say it as it really is and say sorry we don't think its bad enough to get a new replacement body. I mean it makes more sense to be honest. So from now on anyone who gets a replacement body will have wonky eyes.
That's why I'm scare to send mine back even with some tiny flaws on her face paint. I really don't think I can get a better on this late with so many being return. I'm more worried that I will get someone else's return such as my lady death. I had to give that one up after my replacement was worst than my original. It had scratches and paint blotches covering the mess up parts. Then there was no more replacements after the first replacement. For those who got a good or decent statue. You are the so lucky ones to own this awesome statue. It's going to be a lottery to get a decent one. This is the one to own if anyone can get it with decent QC. Most amazing SS statue to date in my opinion.

Yeah I didn't understand that part, but then I started to think a lot of them have been shipped already. I seen them in stores and in reviews so I'm guessing all the bad was have been changed out already, so if ur looking to change most likely you will get something that more or equal in problems. I just get upset I really wanted her. But I put a request in for a refund. It's not only her eyes, when I push down on her hair it won't go all the way down so I would have to open the hole in her head for it to work. Then the paint in her left butt it's so light in blue U can see the body color. Then there's her top in her abs they painted the lines on one side super thick and then the other skinny.... So with not one problem but many I feel for the price I would pay to get them fix it isn't worth it.. For that I add 6 and get s prime 1 studio item....

But for the ones that got a good one I'm happy for u guys she will look super good within the line up you have already.
Maybe I'll wait to get a used one that I can see pics of that I know is good...

I had to post a few pics of the gorgeous amazon. They are capable of producing a stellar piece. Even though i think the base is toooooo tall.

And possible her final resting place

I think havig a beer in the room is one a top list of things to do in life... Great PF MAN and ur collection from what I can see looks supppperrrrrr

Back