Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone keeping track of successes vs. failures on people's statues? With how many issues people are reporting, this is a serious percentage of problems in the QA department.

At one point when I used to work in manufacturing video systems we got reports of failures/DOA in the field, but I was convinced it was the shipping handlers' faults and not ours. I got the company to invest in shock watch tags. We tested and determined what kind of tag was needed to protect each system (This meant an extra couple dollars per package, but I saw it as protecting our butts). It was amazing how suddenly the problem miraculously vanished. Shipping carriers HATE those tags because it puts accountability on the shipping company to indicate a package was mishandled and could be liable for replacement/repairs. If the shock indicator showed the red filament broken, a customer could opt to not accept the package to have shipped back without opening it. It's a pretty cool little thing to have and really helped illustrate that the problem with our systems wasn't an internal issue, which in turn showed we weren't careless in our jobs.

It looks like Sideshow could use a little extra investment into protecting their art and at least be covered for handling of packages that have resulted in broken parts.

Is anyone keeping track of successes vs. failures on people's statues? With how many issues people are reporting, this is a serious percentage of problems in the QA department.

At one point when I used to work in manufacturing video systems we got reports of failures/DOA in the field, but I was convinced it was the shipping handlers' faults and not ours. I got the company to invest in shock watch tags. We tested and determined what kind of tag was needed to protect each system (This meant an extra couple dollars per package, but I saw it as protecting our butts). It was amazing how suddenly the problem miraculously vanished. Shipping carriers HATE those tags because it puts accountability on the shipping company to indicate a package was mishandled and could be liable for replacement/repairs. If the shock indicator showed the red filament broken, a customer could opt to not accept the package to have shipped back without opening it. It's a pretty cool little thing to have and really helped illustrate that the problem with our systems wasn't an internal issue, which in turn showed we weren't careless in our jobs.

It looks like Sideshow could use a little extra investment into protecting their art and at least be covered for handling of packages that have resulted in broken parts.

Broken parts are one thing, bad paint is another. And I HIGHLY DOUBT SSC is spending any more money on shipping...

Broken parts are one thing, bad paint is another. And I HIGHLY DOUBT SSC is spending any more money on shipping...

True on the paint. Sometimes you need to invest a little to maintain a higher reputation. Stuff like this doesn't make me very confident in SS right now. They were great about 5-6 years ago in quality, but I think as they have grown more, they haven't taken steps to maintain quality vs. speed and volume of licenses.

YES, no to Variant :pfft:

Yeah we don't need more than 10,000 WW with another just simple different hair style. How about a Diana PF instead? I can see it now. Business suit, short mini skirt, high heels, nerdy glasses, low cleavage and COH one pony tail with glasses and one long hair with no glasses. She will come with extras like a suit case. ES will be set at 150 for the ex.

Last edited:
Yeah we don't need more than 10,000 WW with another just simple different hair style. How about a Diana PF instead? I can see it now. Business suit, short mini skirt, high heels, nerdy glasses, and COH one pony tail with glasses and one long hair with no glasses. She will come with extras like a suit case. ES will be set at 150 for the ex.

Mmmmm. A short skirt with a looooooonnnnngggggg... jacket.

Nature of the beast. Some statues have fewer flaws than others, while others are notable consistent failures. WW seems to be doing fairly well at the moment, but not enough people have gotten their statue yet to make an accurate assessment overall. I'm cautiously optimistic however. My main concern were the eyes and they seem to be good.

Mmmmm. A short skirt with a looooooonnnnngggggg... jacket.

Interesting first post. :lol

I got one too!!!!!!!!!!

excited-baby.gif

Unhmc58.gif

Me too!!!!!

(Hey how do you gize use such large gifs? When I try it says error remote file too large)

My wait list converted for the ex and it will ship monday ...suckers ! I learned my lesson with superman so I'm glad im in the early batch . I've been on the wl for about a month ,but I'm skeptical as I have yet to recieve an issue free figure from SS.

Back