Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't need more Besta's. I have plenty. Issue is height planning. To fit these DC Pf's you can stretch out 2 cubes but then the third is really small like 20 inches and no other DC PF's fall into that range. Other method is that I would put all my DC PF's on stretched bottom cubes but then I would have another theme on top like marvel or SW going across and I didn't really want that. Each wall has a them in display room ie the X Men/Avengers, SW, and DC and gaming

I really hope Sideshow limits the height on their statues to under 25 inches per piece. There have been several I have passed on due to height: WW, too tall and wide. Vampi, way too tall. Red Sonja, much too tall. I just did not want to waste that much space with once piece. It really screws up a collection in a Besta. SS has the right idea with the new Pinhead at 21 inches. Perfect height IMO. 6 can fit in a 75 inch Besta when the height on PF is 24 inches or under on each piece.

I really hope Sideshow limits the height on their statues to under 25 inches per piece. There have been several I have passed on due to height: WW, too tall and wide. Vampi, way too tall. Red Sonja, much too tall. I just did not want to waste that much space with once piece. It really screws up a collection in a Besta. SS has the right idea with the new Pinhead at 21 inches. Perfect height IMO. 6 can fit in a 75 inch Besta when the height on PF is 24 inches or under on each piece.

"no, it would limit other possibility like maybe some diff pose, object. whut if u have a naturally tall character in say, 1/4 scale, would SSC limit it? it wouldn't be scale accurate" - Speed Limit 65 sign

I LOVE large and/or dramatic poses! They killed it with WW and Sinestro.

There's so many options for displays out there; why limit yourself to the Besta?

There's so many options for displays out there; why limit yourself to the Besta?

I personally love the Besta, its sharp, classy and masculine. These PF's are worthy of an attractive housing, especially if you have several to display. I havent seen anything similar, not to say it doesnt exist.

My 1/6's are in Detolfs which is fine for them but I think it wouldnt compliment the 1/4's. IMO

:exactly: 18-22 inches is an excellent range. I think that's the perfect range as long as detailed quality is in place.

"no, it would limit other possibility like maybe some diff pose, object. whut if u have a naturally tall character in say, 1/4 scale, would SSC limit it? it wouldn't be scale accurate" - Speed Limit 65 sign

Should Hulk be large, of course he should, but in this case Superman, Batman, WW all have really large bases that I could do without. The new SS Hulk is coming in at 20 inches why is WW 25.5 :horror I love this sculpt but really don't need a 3-4 inch Greek column.

The Besta is my primary display choice for over 30 PF's. I also utilize Pedestals and reflective glass stands. Point is I don't like this new trend of PF's over 25 inches where its a whole of base. Hulk sure, Apocalypse sure but do I need Catwoman at 23 when lets say Jean is only 18 and Frost is 20. I am getting the new XM Phoenix which will be in the 30 inch range but I love that is an epic story and I plan on her having a grand display. Its just space management issues :gah:

I totally disagree no offense. :) I think PVC bodies would solve a lot of breakage issues and the sculpts and paint detail can be even better in PVC -- just look at hot toys. And all of you need to seriously get real if you think these are "museum quality" statues. ROTFLMAO. :lol They are wonderful, sometimes even breathtakingly beautiful, but certainly not museum quality (such a loosely defined term anyway). Believe me, you won't be seeing any of these pieces in museums anytime soon or in the next thousand years.

If SS is moving forward with PVC in the future, they better make sure that they use high quality PVC, if hollow they need to ensure it's thick enough to support the overall weight. I also collect PVC anime figures ( the sexy, provocative ones :) and I noticed oil started to appear and somehow caused the paints to peel. Also figures that leans due to the pose overtime. I have a Koto Iron Man MK4 Artfx, it is just standing with 1 arm raised so the balance is not that bad but it started to lean after 2 months, the paints faded also. For 1/4 scale with poses that are not well balanced, a cheap PVC will not do.

Those are good points you made, Trace. Pros and cons to PVC just like polystone. Really hoping they get it right in their design or there will be an uprising lol. :)

I think were (poly fans) gonna be fine, It was clarified that many upcoming pieces are polystone. MOS was a special case bcuz of his special costume. After this outlash I think SS will second guess using PVC.

I think there's some negative perception with "PVC" due to the fact that a lot of anime figure uses this and there's a lot of issues on bending, oil coming out and fading paint. However we need to understand that there are different types of PVCS. Given the pros of PVC in terms of retaining the fine details, less prone to breakage and an 'ASSURANCE' that SS is using "HIGH QUALITY" PVCs, I think this somehow will lessen the negative reaction from collectors.
Only time will tell if the PF MOS used low quality PVC. If the leaning issue do happen, ,then expect a part 2 of this ranting :).

I also think that whatever negative perception collectors have on SS now of using PVC on Supes, it's also SS fault as they have a lot of QC, paint issues that somehow build up within the collector's mind. If they have been proactive in making sure they allow quality products to reach customers, there will not be a negative perception about SS and collectors might have taken the use PVC in a less negative way. Just my opinion.

I think there's some negative perception with "PVC" due to the fact that a lot of anime figure uses this and there's a lot of issues on bending, oil coming out and fading paint. However we need to understand that there are different types of PVCS. Given the pros of PVC in terms of retaining the fine details, less prone to breakage and an 'ASSURANCE' that SS is using "HIGH QUALITY" PVCs, I think this somehow will lessen the negative reaction from collectors.
Only time will tell if the PF MOS used low quality PVC. If the leaning issue do happen, ,then expect a part 2 of this ranting :).

I also think that whatever negative perception collectors have on SS now of using PVC on Supes, it's also SS fault as they have a lot of QC, paint issues that somehow build up within the collector's mind. If they have been proactive in making sure they allow quality products to reach customers, there will not be a negative perception about SS and collectors might have taken the use PVC in a less negative way. Just my opinion.

I think that's a good opinion

:exactly: 18-22 inches is an excellent range. I think that's the perfect range as long as detailed quality is in place.

Should Hulk be large, of course he should, but in this case Superman, Batman, WW all have really large bases that I could do without. The new SS Hulk is coming in at 20 inches why is WW 25.5 :horror I love this sculpt but really don't need a 3-4 inch Greek column.

The Besta is my primary display choice for over 30 PF's. I also utilize Pedestals and reflective glass stands. Point is I don't like this new trend of PF's over 25 inches where its a whole of base. Hulk sure, Apocalypse sure but do I need Catwoman at 23 when lets say Jean is only 18 and Frost is 20. I am getting the new XM Phoenix which will be in the 30 inch range but I love that is an epic story and I plan on her having a grand display. Its just space management issues :gah:

not every PF should be the same. the large base makes it more grand. Batman pf's base support the large cape visually and almost barely as its center of gravity is higher as it have a higher chances of tipping over; imagine a light, small base, it would look awkward. sup pf's base also makes it higher but it also give the illusion that he's not grounded and gonna zoom off anytime now; like he's on the top of a tip of a large mass of crystal. WW pf's base balance her spear out nicely. without it, she would look too horizontal. plus these base add a theme to their background/environment and overall maybe there's a sense of a grand scheme of things to come; like maybe the rest of the DC pf will be just a tad lower to give an illusion of perspective. if SSC would to design base on besta, they'll lose some freedom for sure. I have the same issue, some of my statue(1/4 spiderman comi, batman pf, sup pf, etc) pf won't fit in my besta but the females pf do. but SSC should have the freedom to design and we buy it or we don't.

I think were (poly fans) gonna be fine, It was clarified that many upcoming pieces are polystone. MOS was a special case bcuz of his special costume. After this outlash I think SS will second guess using PVC.

I just saw the response on SF regarding why MoS PF was PVC — it was because of the cloth — and it was only said that the sculpted pieces will 99% be resin; is there someone here I can contact regarding the Modern Thor PF, which also has a cloth outfit?

Maybe there's a conspiracy and Sideshow is actually in cahoots with Ikea. :lol

:lol :lol I love the word "cahoots". :lol

Most PF's have cloth outfits and the first Boba Fett is the only one prior to this with a PVC armiture.

I have the first Fett PF and the PVC didn't/doesn't bother me like it did some who lost their minds when they found out the material that was used. :lol

Fett PF is still one of my favorites in my collection. :D

Most PF's have cloth outfits and the first Boba Fett is the only one prior to this with a PVC armiture.

Well I certainly hope they won't pull it with the Modern Thor PF, but prior to MoS everyone expected it to be polystone too.

Back