Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The information on the product page MIGHT not be 100% accurate. They usually don't update it with final specs until they start shipping. At least that is how it has been in the past.

I really hope that's gonna be the case.
That, or make her hollow.
Still fine by me.
But no plastic please.

We are all concerned about this PVC reveal. But it appears no one has reached out to SS to inquire about future PFs, if they have they haven't posted it.

Alex is being somewhat grilled over on the SF. SS is aware of everyone's discontent and thus far MOS appears to be the only one due to his costumes material. Still awaiting news on future DC/Marvel pieces.

From MOS thread;

Quote Originally Posted by SammyG View Post

Emailed customer service asking for an explanation behind the seemingly deceitful material switch, asked that they do the right thing to replace these with polystone (yeah right), and asked about upcoming releases, in particular Reeve, WW, and Keaton (which I have on PO). If I get any reasonable answer I'll post it. Don't hold your breathe.
Thanks

We are all concerned about this PVC reveal. But it appears no one has reached out to SS to inquire about future PFs, if they have they haven't posted it.

Hopefully Bmutha can get to the bottom of this, but if these photos (which I'm sure we've all seen) are any indication, it's clear that the figure, and parts of the base are indeed vinyl polymer (the shield is see-through, as you can see the tape behind it). If this is a sign of things to come, I'm very afraid.

lwsm_img_1024_1511_2381.jpglwsm_img_1027_1514_3452.jpglwsm_img_1028_1515_4897.jpg

What it boils down to for me is PVC feels cheap. It's light and somewhat flexible...it just feels much more like an action figure, not a museum quality statue.

Hit it on the head with that statement. Regardless of the finished and displayed look, vinyl polymer casting does not equate to museum quality in my books. Sure, sure, resin casting may not be either, but it feels much more like what a museum quality piece would feel like if sculpted.

Bad news for me. Today I stuffed the ARH Ares in a besta cube and there is now way I can put WW in there with him. Looks like she is gonna get the cubby next to him. Ares is like 25 inches tall, same as the specs on WW. The height on these DC PF's is killing me. I really didn't need WW this tall and now I have Sinestro coming in to. Throw in Superman, A besta isn't tall enough for all these characters. I wish they were more in line with the Marvel heights around 20 inches.

Buy more Bestas :lecture

I don't need more Besta's. I have plenty. Issue is height planning. To fit these DC Pf's you can stretch out 2 cubes but then the third is really small like 20 inches and no other DC PF's fall into that range. Other method is that I would put all my DC PF's on stretched bottom cubes but then I would have another theme on top like marvel or SW going across and I didn't really want that. Each wall has a them in display room ie the X Men/Avengers, SW, and DC and gaming

So even a 75" Besta typically only fits 2 PF's? I have started my collection with 2 50" and awaiting the POs to arrive to evaluate from there. I was anticipating a 75" as my next purchase, but may save the Glassvik dough and just get another 50"...

What it boils down to for me is PVC feels cheap. It's light and somewhat flexible...it just feels much more like an action figure, not a museum quality statue.

I totally disagree no offense. :) I think PVC bodies would solve a lot of breakage issues and the sculpts and paint detail can be even better in PVC -- just look at hot toys. And all of you need to seriously get real if you think these are "museum quality" statues. ROTFLMAO. :lol They are wonderful, sometimes even breathtakingly beautiful, but certainly not museum quality (such a loosely defined term anyway). Believe me, you won't be seeing any of these pieces in museums anytime soon or in the next thousand years.

Back