Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't apologize to him. She does look a little uh...less feminine than the classic Wonder Woman that most people are familiar with. Your cousin said exactly what a lot of people outside this site would say. They'd also say what's the point of the spear and shield and why isn't she posed using her lasso? And where are all the stars on her bottom? And why does she look so hard?

And those are all great points. Where as the Batman (despite his tiny head :wave) and Superman PFs closely capture each character's true, classic, iconic look, this WW piece misses a bit with the "warrior princess" look. What is the one thing people associate WW with? Her lasso!! Why in heck isn't she using it? A spear and shield? C'mon. This piece would be a great "Wonder Woman Warrior PF" down the line but I'd rather have the "Wonder Woman Classic PF" right now to go with the Superman and Batman PFs. Of course, put a pair of bewbs on something and you guys lose any rational thought as it is. Now I'll be flamed for disagreeing with the fan boys who frequent this site 24-7 and someone will give me another red dot near my name :lol but I'm hoping SS is releasing version 2 of their Wonder Woman PF on Thursday and we'll get version 1 someday with her looking a bit more like the iconic Wonder Woman.

I agree with a lot of your points. Sideshow tweaked the basic Wonder Woman outfit out of necessity more than style. All those stars on her underwear would have been a pain.

I personally would have preferred a sword and a shield in each hand. The reason why they didn't go for that was probably to balance the stance better. It flows better with the spear. I think eventually they will do a classic WW either as a PF or an LSF. If they wanted to go with the warrior approach my vote would have been for the Kingdom Come armor. It is her "Planet Hulk" gear for all intents and purposes. Switch out regular portrait and detachable wings. It may never happen of course as it seems too big of a project.

KingdomCome4.jpg

Yes, the shield looks beautiful. You won't lose out with this statue either way (EX or Reg).

I completely agree. No matter which one a Freak goes with, either Ex or reg, it's all win. :yess:

Now at the risk of being labeled a 24-7 fanboy :lol...

Don't apologize to him. She does look a little uh...less feminine than the classic Wonder Woman that most people are familiar with. Your cousin said exactly what a lot of people outside this site would say. They'd also say what's the point of the spear and shield and why isn't she posed using her lasso? And where are all the stars on her bottom? And why does she look so hard?

I showed the pics of Wonder Woman to three friends (1 woman & 2 men) and my friend Mike said "Is that the hot chick from How I met your mother?" my other two friends agreed with the resemblance to Cobie Smulders.

We all agreed that she looks strong, confident and powerful. If that's what you call "hard" then I guess you're right.

And those are all great points. Where as the Batman (despite his tiny head :wave) and Superman PFs closely capture each character's true, classic, iconic look, this WW piece misses a bit with the "warrior princess" look. What is the one thing people associate WW with? Her lasso!! Why in heck isn't she using it?

Because Sideshow is being creative and thinking outside of the box? Why do the same thing other companies have done before?

A spear and shield?

Well...she is an Amazon Warrior.

C'mon. This piece would be a great "Wonder Woman Warrior PF" down the line but I'd rather have the "Wonder Woman Classic PF" right now to go with the Superman and Batman PFs. Of course, put a pair of bewbs on something and you guys lose any rational thought as it is. Now I'll be flamed for disagreeing with the fan boys who frequent this site 24-7 and someone will give me another red dot near my name :lol but I'm hoping SS is releasing version 2 of their Wonder Woman PF on Thursday and we'll get version 1 someday with her looking a bit more like the iconic Wonder Woman.

I'm sure Sideshow will produce a Classic WW and maybe she'll resemble Lynda Carter. :naughty

Odd that no one has made the 'Axe or fail' pun yet.

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:
I completely agree. No matter which one a Freak goes with, either Ex or reg, it's all win. :yess:

Now at the risk of being labeled a 24-7 fanboy :lol...

I showed the pics of Wonder Woman to three friends (1 woman & 2 men) and my friend Mike said "Is that the hot chick from How I met your mother?" my other two friends agreed with the resemblance to Cobie Smulders.

We all agreed that she looks strong, confident and powerful. If that's what you call "hard" then I guess you're right.

Because Sideshow is being creative and thinking outside of the box? Why do the same thing other companies have done before?

Well...she is an Amazon Warrior.

I'm sure Sideshow will produce a Classic WW and maybe she'll resemble Lynda Carter.

:lol :lol :lol

Perhaps the fact that I do not find Cobie Smulders "hot" nor attractive in any way is detracting from the statue for me. :dunno

Not anything else to type that hasn't already been typed.

Brb on pre order date when more pics has been released.

Perhaps the fact that I do not find Cobie Smulders "hot" nor attractive in any way is detracting from the statue for me. :dunno

Really? Not in any way at all? Cobie is not tops of my list or anything, but by no means do I consider her ugly...

Really? Not in any way at all? Cobie is not tops of my list or anything, but by no means do I consider her ugly...

I didn't say she was "ugly" but definitely not attractive. She is more on the plain side to me, certainly not someone I would use as a model for one of the most iconic and beautiful comic book female superhero.

I didn't say she was "ugly" but definitely not attractive. She is more on the plain side to me, certainly not someone I would use as a model for one of the most iconic and beautiful comic book female superhero.

Totally entitled to your own opinion m8, so do you think you will be getting this statue???

Obviously more feminine in Mother than in Avengers, but she's still plenty attractive to me. On a side note, I thought Cobie looks the part of Black Widow more so than ScarJo.

Back