Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the shield looks beautiful. You won't lose out with this statue either way (EX or Reg).

I agree the shield looks beautiful..but my concern is will it get lost from certain angles??..This is why for me the EX is a 1st day order. I will display her with the EX and place the shield near the base... so as to get my full fix...

I've never collect a statue before, but this statue catch my attention. do we know how much ss will charge us for this piece?

I will display her with the EX and place the shield near the base... so as to get my full fix...

Exactly what I was thinking when I realized that beautiful shield may not be visible from the angle of display. A little re-thinking enables you to have both fixes, as GP says. I intend to display Red Sonja PF with the decapitated head most of the time, and in another room at that, so I'm not concerned about she-hero weapon redundancy (each has earned her axe to grind!).

I'm definitely going to get the EX, I really like the ax but that shield is pretty awesome too. I will have to wait until I actually have her in hand how I want her displayed.....the promo pictures are just AMAZING!! I really hope the QC is excellent for this piece!

As I have stated before, ex or semi-fail.

Shield is too big and covers up too much of ww's body if you want to display it with visible colors. The backside and side of the shield just looks awkward.

The axe is ideal for the best angle of display which is directly from the front so you can see that strong sexy gaze and it also allows for posing in a wider range of different angles with minimum loss of body visibility.

If you observe the statue with the shield posed directly towards you, you will barely see ww's costume and it takes a while to notice it is ww at all, this is ofc only true if you haven't seen the statue before but it just goes to show how bad a big shield is for displaying statues. It just steals too much of the essence of the character.

Make no mistake that this is ex or semi-fail.

I agree the shield looks beautiful..but my concern is will it get lost from certain angles??..This is why for me the EX is a 1st day order. I will display her with the EX and place the shield near the base... so as to get my full fix...

Exactly my thoughts EX 1st day order

I've never collect a statue before, but this statue catch my attention. do we know how much ss will charge us for this piece?

It's a pretty massive piece, thanks to the hefty base, so I'd say this will no doubt fall right in line with Batman and Superman and land at $399.99 -- especially since that's where Sinestro landed as well.

Don't apologize to him. She does look a little uh...less feminine than the classic Wonder Woman that most people are familiar with. Your cousin said exactly what a lot of people outside this site would say. They'd also say what's the point of the spear and shield and why isn't she posed using her lasso? And where are all the stars on her bottom? And why does she look so hard?

And those are all great points. Where as the Batman (despite his tiny head :wave) and Superman PFs closely capture each character's true, classic, iconic look, this WW piece misses a bit with the "warrior princess" look. What is the one thing people associate WW with? Her lasso!! Why in heck isn't she using it? A spear and shield? C'mon. This piece would be a great "Wonder Woman Warrior PF" down the line but I'd rather have the "Wonder Woman Classic PF" right now to go with the Superman and Batman PFs. Of course, put a pair of bewbs on something and you guys lose any rational thought as it is. Now I'll be flamed for disagreeing with the fan boys who frequent this site 24-7 and someone will give me another red dot near my name :lol but I'm hoping SS is releasing version 2 of their Wonder Woman PF on Thursday and we'll get version 1 someday with her looking a bit more like the iconic Wonder Woman.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I do not love the head sculpt and wish they had a second, more feminine head to go with it.

As I have stated before, ex or semi-fail.

Shield is too big and covers up too much of ww's body if you want to display it with visible colors. The backside and side of the shield just looks awkward.

The axe is ideal for the best angle of display which is directly from the front so you can see that strong sexy gaze and it also allows for posing in a wider range of different angles with minimum loss of body visibility.

If you observe the statue with the shield posed directly towards you, you will barely see ww's costume and it takes a while to notice it is ww at all, this is ofc only true if you haven't seen the statue before but it just goes to show how bad a big shield is for displaying statues. It just steals too much of the essence of the character.

Make no mistake that this is ex or semi-fail.

I think it would be cool if they had a slot on the base to put the shield in when you are displaying it with the axe.

Back