Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Michelle MacLaren Will Not Direct Wonder Woman | Comicbook.com

Michelle MacLaren and Warner Bros. have parted ways, and MacLaren will no longer direct Wonder Woman, says The Hollywood Reporter.

“Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct Wonder Woman together,” said the studio in a statement.

With rumors that Scott Eastwood will join the cast as Steve Trevor and rumors making their way through the pike that Wonder Woman is a highlight of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, it seemed like the movie was coming along as well as could be expected.

Wonder Woman is expected to shoot this fall for a 2017 release, and stars Gal Gadot in the title role. Little else is officially known as yet.

Really? She's a highlight? :lol

Uh oh. That...is not a good sign. She was literally the one person who had a proven track record of delivering quality material, and Wonder Woman was literally the one film they seemed to have been one of the most generally, positively received of the upcoming slate. Bad move, WB. Bad, bad move.

There are plenty more capable people in Hollywood who could put together a Wonder Woman film. This lady was not the be all end all anyway. I don't understand all the doom and gloom like the world is crumbling. You'll see. Things will turn out just fine. It's Wonder Woman! That's a big name that someone will want to tackle.

Apparently that lady had a very extreme vision for WW and that's why they canned it, for instance, rumor says she wanted WW to have a tiger for sidekick, now if something's too extreme for WB then we can be sure it was too extreme for anybody.

Clearly she's wasn't aware of Tawky Tawny, the I say good call to have her canned.

I find it hard to care myself, about most stuff CBM related actually.

Yeah, kinda. I care for Rogers and Deadpool, that's it.

I'd love to care about something DC related these days... :monkey2

Patty Jenkins to direct Wonder Woman

Patty Jenkins, who at one point was to direct Thor 2 for rival Marvel Studios, has closed a deal to helm Warner Bros.' female superhero movie.

Warners moved at lightning speed to sew up another director after parting ways Monday with Michelle MacLaren, the experienced TV director and producer who was to have made her feature directorial debut with Wonder Woman. Creative differences were cited as the reasons for MacLaren's departure.

Selecting Jenkins helps Warners avoid what some saw as a gender bias against women directors helming superhero tentpoles. Ironically, Jenkins would have been the first female director on a Marvel movie if she had continued on Thor 2. She will now become the first female director to handle a big project in Warner's developing DC universe.

The studio needed to move quickly in order not to lose momentum on the project, which has been slotted for 2017 and has Gal Gadot attached to star.

Jenkins is also another experienced TV filmmaker, although she actually got her start in movies. Her debut film was Monster, the indie that won Charlize Theron a best acting Oscar. But showing how hard the film world can be for female directors, Jenkins has had a tough time finding a follow-up feature. She did, however, make a mark in TV, including directing the pilot for AMC’s acclaimed crime drama The Killing.

Monster was a good, f'd up movie. She should fit into the Snyderverse just fine.

Wonder Woman was literally the one film they seemed to have been one of the most generally, positively received of the upcoming slate.
Really? I personally thought Suicide Squad was shaping up to make the most sense in terms of the source material, apparent approach, and director. And I didn't see people being overly critical of what is going on there. Obviously, Will Smith and Deathstroke are terribly miscast, but apart from that. . .

Monster was a good, f'd up movie. She should fit into the Snyderverse just fine.

Really? I personally thought Suicide Squad was shaping up to make the most sense in terms of the source material, apparent approach, and director. And I didn't see people being overly critical of what is going on there. Obviously, Will Smith and Deathstroke are terribly miscast, but apart from that. . .

You're probably right; I just remembered a bunch of people being really excited about her directing, so much so that it actually alleviated a lot of the heat that Gadot was getting.

Oh really? Who'd they cast as Will Smith? Someone cool?

icon-facebook.gif

Will Smith will make a good Deadshot, he's a good actor, he's just been having a rough time.

I do hate Deathstroke's casting doe, I hope it's good.

I'd take a white washed Static over Jaden Smith. That boy's got the acting ability of a...well, he has none. Whatsoever. I can't even think of anything with an acting ability that he would be related to because he's just that absolutely abysmal. If not for his father, he and his Iron Man Halloween costume would probably taking photos with tourists on Hollywood Boulevard.:lol

Back