Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder Woman raped someone.

She had sex with a complete stranger while he was unconscious.

That actually happened in WB’s 200 million dollar “family friendly” movie.

All this aside I'm glad I didn't order any high end statues from this movie, the golden armour looks amazing but if it wasn't used well and the film isn't good, well time to go back to comic pieces

This movie could also have been called Rose Tico 84.

Think about that for a second lol

I am not kidding this monkey paw of a movie entire premise was built on Rose's now infamous bit of dialogue from TLJ.

While watching it I kept subconsciously hearing save what you love not fight what you hate.

True she gave up Steve but that was her saving truth over a lie and very nice of her for giving that guy his life back.

Last edited:
I thought it was a entertaining movie. There wasn't anything about it I didn't like.

It leaned a little bit too much on Diana being head over heels for Steve Trevor, which is not something that really resonates with me. I can see the movie might resonate more with a female audience, which will be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

I appreciated them not using the 80s for laughs. It didn't lean into the "Wow, the 80s were wild" tropes.

The whole wish plot was a convoluted mess this has one of the sloppiest endings of any superhero movie makes Ang Lee Hulk look like a super tight narrative lol

This world altering wish plot and Maxwell Lord were never to be mentioned again.

Watch I bet Joker was created by this wish plot.

WB broke the DCEU even more how is that even possible lol

Sounds like another swing and miss by WB. Never go introspective with your sequel!

I have a lot of trouble with HBOMax buffering. Can't seem to watch this movie. Maybe that's saying something. Managed to see about 7 minutes in.

Regarding the establishing opening of "the 80's" -- who the hell designed this movie? It was like a totally Hollywood-ized 80's that never existed. Was there really no one from the 80's working on this movie? Strange how Stranger Things could get it so right but billion-dollar DCU couldn't. I understand the Superman 2 references now if its in how the street scenes look so phony and a mix of wardrobe styles that never co-existed.

And how is Wonder Woman everywhere -- lassoing a falling bride, pushing someone clear of a car -- how can she be in all places at once? Surely the moment she saved that bride, someone in Hong Kong was murdered... and in the Middle East... and Moscow...

There were some decent colorful sequences of action but unfortunately not many a nice Raiders under the truck homage that started well but then ended sloppy.

Relationship with fake Steve was nice but became creepy as you caught on what was really happening.

Good acting by PP but that also became sloppy.

Good acting by KW but that also ultimately became sloppy.

Umm a nice WW flying sequence.

When this movie was Superman 1-2 it was fun but then it decided to become Superman 3 and dare I say 4 at times those kids rolling on the highway lol

Umm yeah WW1 is better even with that sloppy 3rd act.

I have the same problem with Superman and I do Wonder Woman. Batman remains believable because I can almost believe one man fighting only at night can have an impact on one city's crime. But when you deal with the entire world, and Superman/Wonder Woman are supposed to be able to zip around and rescue cats from trees as easily as they stop supervillains, while having time for romances, it gets beyond ridiculous... pretty much in the realm of believability as Santa Clause.

Oddly, I've never heard arguments here supporting Santa and his amazing abilities and skills.

Oddly, I've never heard arguments here supporting Santa and his amazing abilities and skills.
I didn't know Big Boss was posting on forums!

naoyuki-ikuyoan-2014.jpg

Hey what if not everyone rescinded their wishes and there’s people walking around with money and powers they got from Max? What’s the fallout from that? Not everyone is selfless enough to just give up their free stuff.

I have the same problem with Superman and I do Wonder Woman. Batman remains believable because I can almost believe one man fighting only at night can have an impact on one city's crime. But when you deal with the entire world, and Superman/Wonder Woman are supposed to be able to zip around and rescue cats from trees as easily as they stop supervillains, while having time for romances, it gets beyond ridiculous... pretty much in the realm of believability as Santa Clause.

I think they need to stop putting romance into every superhero movie. It?s always the main focus

Hey what if not everyone rescinded their wishes and there’s people walking around with money and powers they got from Max? What’s the fallout from that? Not everyone is selfless enough to just give up their free stuff.

Ain't no way that all of those millions of white and asian dudes are going to renounce their wish for a bigger **** lol

I have nostalgia for the Superman character's look and vibe, but haven't picked up a Superman comic since I was 15. He wasn't originally a god, but even so he's problematic to write for.

And *now*?? I think he should be re-booted and significantly de-powered. At least to the point where he's not omniscient and capable of lightspeed. Never happen though.

The only Batman comic I own is Year One because I can, as you say ... almost believe it, and the story is small and self-contained. I could never buy him hanging with the Justice League. But there are a lot of Batman stories and interpretations I can accept, particularly the ones that lean into pulp fiction, gothic sensibilities or magical realism, settings where a guy in that costume belongs.

Wonder Woman's entire cosmology (the ones I know of) are Harry Potter-esque. I'm along for the ride but ... she's a magical being. :dunno

I think they need to stop putting romance into every superhero movie. It?s always the main focus

That is really an American standard in blockbuster movies. You always need a romance, or estranged children getting closer again with their parents.

Godzilla is a good case study of this. In Japan they are trying to make a monster movie about basically the devastation of nuclear attacks on Japan. In the USA, Godzilla is a monster movie where we need our protagnosts to romance somebody, or find that bond with a child.

Basically, Hollywood notes almost always demand some type of simple and sappy family drama or love story because it can appeal to the heartstrings of even the most catatonic american.

Back