Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll only jump on HBOmax when all parts of the Snyder cut are released. Might be interested in Suicide Squad down the road, but man, WB needs to quick going down the weirdo trail with their movies. They used to be the studio that put out the best movies at one point.

I'll only jump on HBOmax when all parts of the Snyder cut are released. Might be interested in Suicide Squad down the road, but man, WB needs to quick going down the weirdo trail with their movies. They used to be the studio that put out the best movies at one point.

Speaking of:

"As reported by the New York Times, Warner Bros. will begin accelerating its DC movie release schedule, with as many as four new movies hitting theaters each year (starting in 2022) and an additional two "riskier" movies debuting on HBO Max.
That's according to DC Films president Walter Hamada, who points to Batgirl and Static Shock as two properties with strong potential to become HBO Max exclusives. These movies will still have some connection to DC's live-action cinematic multiverse, but the shift to HBO Max would allow for smaller budgets or less traditional forms of storytelling."

https://www.ign.com/articles/batgirl-static-shock-risky-dc-movies-hbo-max-snyder-cut

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/27/business/media/dc-superheroes-movies.html

Speaking of:

"As reported by the New York Times, Warner Bros. will begin accelerating its DC movie release schedule, with as many as four new movies hitting theaters each year (starting in 2022) and an additional two "riskier" movies debuting on HBO Max.
That's according to DC Films president Walter Hamada, who points to Batgirl and Static Shock as two properties with strong potential to become HBO Max exclusives. These movies will still have some connection to DC's live-action cinematic multiverse, but the shift to HBO Max would allow for smaller budgets or less traditional forms of storytelling."

https://www.ign.com/articles/batgirl-static-shock-risky-dc-movies-hbo-max-snyder-cut

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/27/business/media/dc-superheroes-movies.html

So WW2 and Batgirl on the front lines to compete with Disney...

tenor.gif

Lol yeah. Only interest I have in the future of course is Pattinson's Batman. MAYBE The Flash might be interesting with Affleck and Keaton, but ol' Marvel is beating them to the multiverse with Spiderman.

All this talk of WW raping an unconscious man really has me wondering what I'm missing, lol. Hopefully it won't be too long (March? April?) before it is available to rent on-demand without needing to subscribe.

I'm not sure it's possible to be raped by Gal Gadot.

This movie is beyond forgettable don't pay to see it.

The Raiders truck homage in Cairo ends in one of the funniest things you will ever see in a superhero movie I couldn't believe what I was watching I was crying in laughter.

PJ did such a good job with the first what the heck happened.

She did say Snyder helped more with this one.

I think I know what went wrong lol

Don't get me wrong there are still a few cool scenes in the movie and GG still does a great job as WW but holy crap cheetah swinging lol

That weird hallmark ending I thought she was going to rape him again lol

There is no MCU movie quite like this one.

She was more Spiderman than WW.

The villain plot involved brain waves just like Jim Carrey Riddler :slap

The cameo in WW84 was dumb plot wise.

Last edited:
Lol yeah. Only interest I have in the future of course is Pattinson's Batman. MAYBE The Flash might be interesting with Affleck and Keaton, but ol' Marvel is beating them to the multiverse with Spiderman.

Same . If I was the head of DC I would have gave marvel a huge run for its money .

Blue beetle
Nightwing
Manhunter
Flash
Teen Titans
Outsiders
Young justice
Star girl
Doom patrol
Injustice universe.
And literally so much I can?t name right now. I would have had a set plan and greenlit these films and competed with marvel. Not cram all these plots together and solo movies afterwards.

Aquaman hit a billion but JL didn?t . Bizzaro

Same . If I was the head of DC I would have gave marvel a huge run for its money .

Blue beetle
Nightwing
Manhunter
Flash
Teen Titans
Outsiders
Young justice
Star girl
Doom patrol
Injustice universe.
And literally so much I can?t name right now. I would have had a set plan and greenlit these films and competed with marvel. Not cram all these plots together and solo movies afterwards.

Aquaman hit a billion but JL didn?t . Bizzaro

I personally would have liked to have seen **** Grayson's journey throughout a number of movies, Batman1, Teen Titans, Batman 2, Nightwing, etc. Titans tv show just doesn't get the exposure a motion picture would for him. Still waiting on a Justice League Dark too, but looks like J.J. Abrams is ready to ruin that franchise now too.

I agree that you have to go Marvel's route - build the foundation of a major character in their own film, then you can cross them over. Got to establish why you care, not just throw them in together and expect you to know them.

I wanted so badly to like this movie because of how much I enjoyed the first one that it kinda clouded my judgement during my first viewing.

I watched it again at a family Christmas thing and yeah, it's awful.

I personally would have liked to have seen **** Grayson's journey throughout a number of movies, Batman1, Teen Titans, Batman 2, Nightwing, etc. Titans tv show just doesn't get the exposure a motion picture would for him. Still waiting on a Justice League Dark too, but looks like J.J. Abrams is ready to ruin that franchise now too.

I agree that you have to go Marvel's route - build the foundation of a major character in their own film, then you can cross them over. Got to establish why you care, not just throw them in together and expect you to know them.

O yea I would t do that in that order exactly I?m just showing all the properties that have potential. DC has a very rich and diverse character base that they are ashamed of but if they had a fiege and a marvel state of mind they be making billions to.

DC doesn?t have a Stan lee or fiege . People that truly love the characters. They just have executives and pr people who hold the movies back

I ended up watching this tonight after all! And yeah, it ranges from mediocre to bad. Not a whole lot to say that hasn't already been said honestly. I wouldn't say it is insultingly bad like some other films (Justice League), but it is very forgettable and I have no desire to watch it again. Nothing that really stands out and a lot of eye rolls.

I will say I think the biggest issue with the movie is the plot. Obviously this is a very big issue, because it makes up the entire framework of the movie. The whole thing with wishes isn't grounded in anything, there are no boundaries or rules for it which doesn't get you invested in the movie because nothing makes any sense. The pacing is also pretty bizarre too because of it, since you can't really build any sort of tension. You really just have to switch your brain off and not think about anything in the film, otherwise it will completely lose you. There are a lot of contradictions within this single movie alone, never mind how it contradicts the rest of the DCEU.

If this came out under different circumstances, back when I was still hyped for it, I can guarantee I would have come out of the movie feeling more disappointed. As I said in my previous post, all hype diminished leading up to it and after reading comments online I basically went in knowing what I was getting into. I came out of it being like "yup, that's about what I was expecting" and have already accepted the reality of it being another miss for DC. :lol

Of course of the 9 DCEU films released, I'm the chum that thinks the extended cut of BVS is the best one and actually great. Would probably go BVS > WW > MOS > Aquaman > Shazam! > Suicide Squad (I hate it but it's here because there are parts of it that are so bad it's good to me) > WW84 > BOP > JL

I wanted so badly to like this movie because of how much I enjoyed the first one that it kinda clouded my judgement during my first viewing.

I watched it again at a family Christmas thing and yeah, it's awful.

Oh dear. There likely goes my own ''maybe it'll improve on second viewing'' optimism.

Soooo......wonder what Black Widow will be like....

Of course of the 9 DCEU films released, I'm the chum that thinks the extended cut of BVS is the best one and actually great. Would probably go BVS > WW > MOS > Aquaman > Shazam! > Suicide Squad (I hate it but it's here because there are parts of it that are so bad it's good to me) > WW84 > BOP > JL

Oh man, I completely forgot about Birds of Prey.

I would rank it
Shazam > WW > Aquaman > BvS > JL > WW84 > SS > BOP > MOS

When two of the best movies in your cinematic universe are Aquaman and Shazam, you know you done ****ed up.
MOS is at the bottom of my list for three reasons:
1) Neck-snap
2) Tornado Kent
3) Its the only DCCU movie I paid to see in the theater.

Oh dear. There likely goes my own ''maybe it'll improve on second viewing'' optimism.

Soooo......wonder what Black Widow will be like....

Dont worry black widow will get a fresh rating and everybody will be delighted. If Capt Marvel doesn't get criticized Marvel know they are golden.

It kind of helps that Marvel was able to pull off a nearly 90% cohesive connected story over 23 consecutive movies with scheduling all of those actors and cgi farms in 11 years culminating in a 2 part concert like event, a FIRST for cinema.

Bond finally (started in 1962) accomplished that and they got burnt out after only 5 movies with DC lol

Is the MCU perfect hell NO!

But before throwing shade at Marvel how about acknowledging that they did something special and look no further than the DCEU as proof that Marvel threaded the eye of an impossible needle and created cinematic history in the process and became the cinematic event that the return of Han Luke and Leia should have been.

WW1 saved the DCEU from oblivion shame that the follow up brought it back now it's all eyes on Snyder's magnum opus masterpiece to bring it all home.

The DCEU will forever be known as the cinematic universe that gave the world a headless Superman in a movie...HEADLESS!

Now we got man rape and children highway roll to add to that list lol

Last edited:
Back