Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's Stranger Things 80's style, taking all the good parts from it, and WW84 80's style, taking all the worst parts from it, imho.

I gotta say, I really thought more people would get a kick out of the cheesier 80s style like me, and something that had a very different tone from the first movie, but I guess not. Clearly that was a big miscalculation by Jenkins. Or she just didn't do a good enough job preparing people for it.

I gotta say, I really thought more people would get a kick out of the cheesier 80s style like me, and something that had a very different tone from the first movie, but I guess not. Clearly that was a big miscalculation by Jenkins. Or she just didn't do a good enough job preparing people for it.

Agreed, I?m surprised people dislike this movie so much. It certainly has it?s issues, but overall there?s definitely alot to like.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Surprised by how many negative reviews are coming in now.

With regards to the ending of the film, it falls completely in line with her character this time around not using any weapons, also falls completely in line with her best aspects from the first film, particularly No Man's Land and re Dr. Poison. She's all about inspiring people this time round, and helping people to their better sides and using hope and humanity to lead people into becoming better people.

I think it really worked for her character, as innately she can be as cheesy, hopeful and very comic booky as Superman, hence the niceness of the throwback to the Reeves Superman film, although I don't much care for those.

Although I've never been bothered by her acting, it has been notched up in this one I thought. Particularly the lovely one-shot flying scene, I thought that was very well done.

The movies reaction has been mixed really. DC fans on reddit are acting like the movie is at 10% on rotten tomatoes or something, it?s a 65%, certainly a drop in comparison to the first film but the ?end of the world? reaction to this film is kinda dramatic from fanboys.

They want Jenkins out for WW3 too, one divisive film in her entire career and all of a sudden she?s trash and needs to go according to some fans.

So hysterical lol.

Movie was practically hot garbage, a stain on Wonder Woman and comic book movies. It failed on almost every level, it did not know what it was trying to be. People are comparing this to cheesy 80s movies but I can't think of many 80's movies as bad as this. Cheesy 80's movies were bad in good way, this is bad in a bad way.

Gal looked good in the Golden Armor and Cheetah was cool for the brief time she was there. But again, her powers with the Golden Armor were incredibly underwhelming like the entire film as a whole. How this affects the popularity of the figure will be interesting - personally I don't think too many will cancel their preorders.

We watched it over 2 nights, so maybe that helped, but I enjoyed it. It's no worse than any 2nd or 3rd tier Marvel film, that's for sure. I liked Chris Pine a lot. I'm also not really a WW or even DC fan outside of Batman, so don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

We watched it over 2 nights, so maybe that helped, but I enjoyed it. It's no worse than any 2nd or 3rd tier Marvel film, that's for sure. I liked Chris Pine a lot. I'm also not really a WW or even DC fan outside of Batman, so don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Movie was practically hot garbage, a stain on Wonder Woman and comic book movies. It failed on almost every level, it did not know what it was trying to be. People are comparing this to cheesy 80s movies but I can't think of many 80's movies as bad as this. Cheesy 80's movies were bad in good way, this is bad in a bad way.

Gal looked good in the Golden Armor and Cheetah was cool for the brief time she was there. But again, her powers with the Golden Armor were incredibly underwhelming like the entire film as a whole. How this affects the popularity of the figure will be interesting - personally I don't think too many will cancel their preorders.

You wished to love the film and the monkey paw cursed you with hyperbolically hating it, didn't it?

Just watched WW84 and thought I'd see fan reaction from dc fans before the star wars fans start to worry about rogue squadron.

It looked good. I like the armor in the comics, and it translated well. Visually. The movie itself had no idea how to handle the armor, which was weird, since it was set up in so many ways, then disregarded She'll need to it to fly? No. She'll need it to make up for her power loss? No. It'll be part of her own messaging about not cheating? No. A lot of set up that seemed obvious and would have worked, but it just got left there. It still looked good, so I'm be keeping it.

It looked good. I like the armor in the comics, and it translated well. Visually. The movie itself had no idea how to handle the armor, which was weird, since it was set up in so many ways, then disregarded She'll need to it to fly? No. She'll need it to make up for her power loss? No. It'll be part of her own messaging about not cheating? No. A lot of set up that seemed obvious and would have worked, but it just got left there. It still looked good, so I'm be keeping it.

I mean the armor is there not for story purposes as you note, but to sell figures. It is why it is shown in the trailers, so people will get on those pre-orders!

Just get rid of the whole learning to fly sequence. The movie at that point is on a ticking clock to the end of the world. Your armor is like 2 blocks over. Why are you flying for hundreds of miles to learn how to do it at a time like this? Just run over to your apartment, grab the flying armor, and then fly over. Would have at least made it make sense why she would need it. Plus it would start cutting this mess down in runtime.

Even Transformers: Beast Wars could introduce new things better than this movie!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't really see the armor being a waste, as it did help protect her against Cheetah for a time, and she likely would have been scratched to hell without it since they were equally powered.

My only complaint was with the entire sequence taking place in murky bluish darkness, which didn't really show off the golden armor well at all.

I watched the flick with some excitement since it was nice to have some kind of communal event like this during the pandemic. I really liked the first one, thought it was the only A from DC so far and on par with some of the Marvel origin flicks. Heard the WW84 reviews were mixed, which kinda helped to be honest as it made me watch it with tempered expectations.

I enjoyed it enough (maybe a 6 or 6.5/10), thought it was too long and saw clear points throughout that really could have been edited out. One of the best things about the 80s and 90s was that the best blockbusters stuck to a roughly 2-hour time frame. There were the rare exceptions but in general directors should be really wary about losing their audience with these 2 1/2 hour flicks.

Anyhow, to avoid having to use a spoiler tag I'll just say that the there were lots of non-payoffs (like the opening maybe could go
entirely) and the villain's were lacking at times. The genie premise made Max Lord's motivation a bit unclear after a certain point. But all that said I was still enjoying it enough to stick with it. I'd put it on par with Batman vs Superman or Aquaman, which seemed like the better DC universe movies for me.

I think if it was executed well, would have made the difference. The fans are ready for a little cheese if its fun, well written and tight paced. But this movie was none of those things.

The proof of this is Shazam, which was a fun, light-hearted movie with cheese and humor that could also sprinkle in a little darkness (I mean the villains are demons representing sins.) Overall fans either like or love this movie (I didn't hear much hate.) It didn't overstay its welcome, and focused on a tight narrative.

This movie I think most would say is a couple notches down from Shazam, but is going to get another sequel before Shazam, Superman and other DC properties. We are keep going to get Golden WW figures before we get a Shazam figure, which is a shame.

Yeah Shazam definitely had a stronger story going for it. And they did eventually announce a sequel, although it almost felt like an afterthought compared to the rushed WW3 announcement. Lol

Can't Wait for the Golden Armor and Regular version (finally with removable tiara)
Here is my Justice League version made to look she did in WW84
The movie could have been better IMO but enjoyed it.
fullsizeoutput_30e1.jpg
fullsizeoutput_30df.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_30e0.jpeg

Eh, the cheesiness just wasn't done that well. I thought Shazam did better in that department. And Thor Ragnarok nailed it.

But the movie definitely wasn't as bad as people made me expect.

Back